Forum Member
✭✭✭
i think they need a down to earth family who is loud proud and out there

Comments

• Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they need strong storylines written by strong writers, good actors help of course.
  • Options
    rocky2012rocky2012 Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think eastenders got good actors it just boring storylines
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rocky2012 wrote: »
    i think eastenders got good actors it just boring storylines

Agreed. There is too much inconsistency in the storytelling.

...however so far this week Eastenders has been awesome.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Agreed. There is too much inconsistency in the storytelling.

...however so far this week Eastenders has been awesome.

I agree with Tom_Willis....
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need the slaters back on track. There is only 2 left at this stage and Mo is a glorified extra these days. Gillian Wright however has been amazing as ever.

I'd like to see Zoe or Sean return.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I'm not a follower anymore.....but I've watched the latest episodes - and thought they were OK! I think they need to keep up the humour (which they never had!), and bring the characters more together. (like Corrie do in the Rovers!).
    I'm sure EE will get it right , with this new boss in charge!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    They need the slaters back on track. There is only 2 left at this stage and Mo is a glorified extra these days. Gillian Wright however has been amazing as ever.

I'd like to see Zoe or Sean return.

OMG I love the Slaters, a Zoe or Sean return would be amazing!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    1.They should get rid of the football team plot
    2.Get rid of some of the Brannings- Did Byran Kirkwood really need to bring in Derek, Alice and Joey?
    3. Introduce different characters from around the UK. A Scottish or a Welsh character would likely improve regional ratings
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    sweetm1995 wrote: »
    2.Get rid of some of the Brannings- Did Byran Kirkwood really need to bring in Derek, Alice and Joey?
    3. Introduce different characters from around the UK. A Scottish or a Welsh character would likely improve regional ratings

1 agree
    2. They brought Derek in for a family centric character, despite that it took him several months to mention his Suzy and April kind of hope they return sometime soon. As for Joey and Alice I think they want to increase the amount of young adults on the show however an interesting storyline for them w
  • Options
    darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE directors clearly think the actors are good actors otherwise they wouldn't hire them everyone opinion on who is good/bad is different
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    sweetm1995 wrote: »

1 agree
    2. They brought Derek in for a family centric character, despite that it took him several months to mention his Suzy and April kind of hope they return sometime soon. As for Joey and Alice I think they wanted to increase the amount of young adults on the show however and interesting storyline for them would be nice but since their introduction they've been rather useless
    3. Agree this time not have them being a wife beater or killed off having being on the square for a few months eg Trevor and Tom Banks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    1 agree
    2. They brought Derek in for a family centric character, despite that it took him several months to mention his Suzy and April kind of hope they return sometime soon. As for Joey and Alice I think they wanted to increase the amount of young adults on the show however and interesting storyline for them would be nice but since their introduction they've been rather useless
    3. Agree this time not have them being a wife beater or killed off having being on the square for a few months eg Trevor and Tom Banks

Exactly, the problem with Eastenders is that it is flooded with potentially strong characters that are just wasted. IMO of course.
  • Options
    mickzmickz Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Just flicking and thought I would watch it... what has happened , the acting is atrocious
    and that's the older actors. Ha
    I do know where the prog + button is so don't have to watch anymore.
    How to improve it... No idea :D
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickz wrote: »
    Just flicking and thought I would watch it... what has happened , the acting is atrocious
    and that's the older actors. Ha
    I do know where the prog + button is so don't have to watch anymore.
    How to improve it... No idea :D

Which older actors? Ann Mitchell, Rudolph Walker were good tonight as per.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    They need to get rid of Tyler and Derek.
  • Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    make the vic more central again also more grittyness
  • Options
    laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbf, EastEnders has been fantastic this week so far!
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to stop dragging out certain storylines for a ridiculous amount of months, such as Heather's Murder. It doesn't always keep people hooked, mostly they just get worn out and repetitive.

Stop bring back old characters with stupid storylines like Sharon - what a fail that was!
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to stop dragging out certain storylines for a ridiculous amount of months, such as Heather's Murder. It doesn't always keep people hooked, mostly they just get worn out and repetitive.

Stop bring back old characters with stupid storylines like Sharon - what a fail that was!

Bringing back old characters isn't necessarily a bad thing and how can you say about Sharons return, "What a fail that was"? There are still another four episodes to go this week lol
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    They need to bring in a "trendy" young middle class family to finally make it a bit more like the modern, real East End, rather than the dated throwback vision of the East End they insist on portraying still.

A young-ish dad in his mid-late 30s, perhaps working in the media, and a yummy mummy with a couple of young kids. Other than the Brannings and Janine they're the only other "types" who could realistically afford a 3 storey London brown brick terraced property on a square in East London.

There also needs to be a trendier, more gastro type of pub for people to go to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with the first part. Look how long the 'Who's having it off with Kat?' plot is going on for. It is pathetic.

If they are aiming for a long running story line then it should be a story line which people will definitely care about. People should want to know what will happen next. They should be curious about where the characters will end up. No one really cares who Kat is shagging and why the hell would they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's only been back two days? :rolleyes: give it a chance!

Eastenders could do with a touch of comedy, Kim is amazing and Cora has provided a good source of laughter in the past. But EE have a habit of taking funny characters, like Heather, over estimating their popularity and ruining them. Heather was brilliant at first but she became depressing to watch at the end
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just meant the initial return, the whole - 'I've left some random at the alter!' > 'Oh, and I also left my son with him,' > car-chase > kidnap groom's sister > boy nearly gets run over > Phil punches some bloke > happy reunion. Her return's quite good now that it's calmed down but I just found all that a bit unnecessary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just meant the initial return, the whole - 'I've left some random at the alter!' > 'Oh, and I also left my son with him,' > car-chase > kidnap groom's sister > boy nearly gets run over > Phil punches some bloke > happy reunion. Her return's quite good now that it's calmed down but I just found all that a bit unnecessary.

You are right, why did she leave her son - to go and get Phil - to then return to the hotel to get her son. Yep I don't think that but was well thought out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I hate this whole stopping and starting thing. It feels like, just as I'm beginning to enjoy the scene they skip to Kat sneaking around to have it off with her fella. I really don't care about that. It just feels like they're using strong storylines to prop up the weaker ones and it's not working out.