Trailers featuring lines that don't make it to the movie.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
Forum Member
✭✭
Seeing as how when we see a film we've probably seen the trailer and heard some lines a good few times before, has anyone noticed trailers that show different content to the actual film?
(i know it's because they make trailers early and then editing changes but it's a fun little topic!) :)

When I saw A Good Day To Die Hard I noticed two;

The conversation about John being either a Lawyer or a Cop when he was talking to the Russian cabbie at the start was cut out or changed to miss most of it.

Also when John, Jack and Komarov got into the lift with all the guns, in the trailer Komorov said 'I guess you've done this before?' and Jack says 'Don't encourage him' but in the film, Jack says 'I coulda done that' (about how they got access to the building).

They just stood out as really odd to me since i'd seen the trailer so many times, in the second one especially i preferred the trailer line.

What other trailer goofs and changes can anyone think of?

Comments

• TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought the movie Predators on DVD recently and I'm sure the trailer shows the leading character with six or seven alien laser pointers (the three dots) pointing at him; this doesn't happen in the movie.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Terminator 2 has a scene in the car where sarah connor asks if the T-1000 can be destroyed and Arnie replies "unknown", that isnt in the movie, in fact theres a whole trailer showing the a whole line of T800's getting made on a production line, the whole scene aint in the movie.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Voldemort has Harry by the throat and he says, "Why do you live?" And then Harry says, "Because I have something worth living for."

Really cool scene, but got cut.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    I bought the movie Predators on DVD recently and I'm sure the trailer shows the leading character with six or seven alien laser pointers (the three dots) pointing at him; this doesn't happen in the movie.

That is the one that sticks out for me as well. I only wanted to watch it for that scene :mad::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    Terminator 2 has a scene in the car where sarah connor asks if the T-1000 can be destroyed and Arnie replies "unknown", that isnt in the movie, in fact theres a whole trailer showing the a whole line of T800's getting made on a production line, the whole scene aint in the movie.

The trailer with the T-800 production line was just a teaser trailer, that footage was never intended to be used in the final movie.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Star Trek 6, in the trailer there's a shot of the Romulan ambassador saying "there will never be a better time". The scene / line didn't make it into the theatrical release. It did turn up on the extended edition DVD though.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    The trailer with the T-800 production line was just a teaser trailer, that footage was never intended to be used in the final movie.
    It was however used in the music video for 'You Could Be Mine' by Guns N' Roses which is the theme song for the movie.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Paranormal activity 3 trailer never making the film. I remember a scene with a house being on fire and the scene where the little girls turn the light off in the bathroom and at the end, a figure appears.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyfall had a few. One scene I remember..

MALLORY: Do you have any word on Bond?
    M: He's somewhere in the South China Sea.
    MALLORY: That's it?
    M: Well, when you've worked with Bond as long as I have, you realise that "somewhere in the South China Sea" is precise intelligence.

Come to think of it, the majority of the Skyfall trailer scenes were cut, edited or had alternate takes inserted for the film.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iron Lady,

The clip shows MT and a load of men and she says something like "gentlemen shall we join the ladies"

weren't in the film...
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iron man 2 trailer - on the transport plane:

Stark - "ok - give me a smooch for good luck - I might not make it back"
    Pepper - Kisses the Iron Man helmet, throws it out of the plane and says: "go get em boss"
    Stark - jumps out of plane backwards and says to Pepper: "you complete me"

I lol'd at that when I first saw the trailer - summed up their relationship perfectly - can't believe it was cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siQgD9qOhRs&t=0m33s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I remember Paranormal activity 3 trailer never making the film. I remember a scene with a house being on fire and the scene where the little girls turn the light off in the bathroom and at the end, a figure appears.

Paranormal Activity 4 was worse for having scenes in the trailer that weren't in the film. Pretty much everything in the trailer wasn't in the film, and most of the trailer scenes looked to be much better than anything in the final film (i'm thinking specifically of the bit where the alarm notifies them that all of the doors are opening by themselves).
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moony wrote: »
    Iron man 2 trailer - on the transport plane:

Stark - "ok - give me a smooch for good luck - I might not make it back"
    Pepper - Kisses the Iron Man helmet, throws it out of the plane and says: "go get em boss"
    Stark - jumps out of plane backwards and says to Pepper: "you complete me"

I lol'd at that when I first saw the trailer - summed up their relationship perfectly - can't believe it was cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siQgD9qOhRs&t=0m33s
    Thinking about it, whilst it looks amusing for the trailer, how could Tony breath or hold his breath for so long travelling so fast in order to catch up with the helmet? It probably would have killed him, so it was probably cut for that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems a lot of trailers are misleading and show scenes better than the film itself! It's bad enough when they show all the funny bits of a comedy in the trailer!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Thinking about it, whilst it looks amusing for the trailer, how could Tony breath or hold his breath for so long travelling so fast in order to catch up with the helmet? It probably would have killed him, so it was probably cut for that.

Do you really think it was cut for that reason?

Skydivers don't wear any special breathing apparatus - so I doubt it would be a problem. The helmet was only a few seconds ahead of him - so its not like he'd have to fly supersonic to catch it. Also - since the back of the transport plane was open for that scene - it can't have been flying at an altitude where the air was unbreathable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natstally wrote: »
    Seems a lot of trailers are misleading and show scenes better than the film itself! It's bad enough when they show all the funny bits of a comedy in the trailer!

Its not confined to trailers either.

Take the movie "Reign of Fire". The scenes depicted in the movie poster (implying a dogfight between multiple Dragons and multiple Apache Gunships in the skies above a burning London) must have occurred off screen during the prologue, because there wasn't a single Apache gunship in the movie - let alone a whole squadron of them.

http://ilarge.listal.com/image/6760/936full-reign-of-fire-poster.jpg
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure a trailer for Taken 2 featured the ex and the daughter on a plane on their way to visit him, with one saying to the other "Isn't Dad great?", yet the film itself didn't have this scene.
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scary Movie 5's trailer has a scene where the male lead sticks a tube in his mouth, only to be told that that end of the tube is supposed to go up his behind.
    Death Becomes Her's trailer has a scene where one of the main characters is found in a freezer.
    Both these scenes are nowhere to be seen in the completed films.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Snow White and the Huntsman some great lines the evil queen said in the trailers that were not in the movie.

Scenes and lines from the The Amazing Spiderman from the trailers that were not in the movie.

Resident Evil: Retribution scenes and lines fro the trailers not in the movie.

Stoker I seen in cinema and later I read there was allot of scenes cut from the movie, no report if they put them back in the movie or not once it's out on dvd and bluray.

Resident Evil Afterlife seen in cinema years back noticed scenes that were not in the movie only were in the trailers.

The Incredible Hulk scenes that I saw in the trailer that were not in the movie when it come on dvd and bluray all the footage become deleted scenes.