Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
Forum Member
Do you think 'aaaw :)

or 'eugh. Get a room'?

Comments

• kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    I think "Get a room"

In my experience, it is gay couples who do this most, as if to say "Look at us, we're a couple!"
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends! If its clearly that they are in love then I just ignore! If its simply two people chewing their faces off out of lust, I also ignore but in more of a huffy way! :D
  • biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get a room. There's a time and a place for everything
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are a young couple it doesn't bother me at all. What I do find revolting is older couples canoodling in public because they should know better. I don't even like my husband holding my hand in public and usually put my handbag between us if he tries to grab my hand.
  • 3PS3PS Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think get a room, but if it's old people holding hands walking in the street I'm like awwwwww.
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's trashy and sometimes deliberately provocative.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I agree, old people walking down the road holding hands looks lovely; much more romantic that a younger couple chewing each other's faces in front of a bus queue.
  • urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the context, time of day, other people in the carriage, nature of the "snogging".

On the whole it doesn't bother me though, let them get on with it.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3PS wrote: »
    Think get a room, but if it's old people holding hands walking in the street I'm like awwwwww.

They are probably holding hands because if they didn't they would probably fall over ...
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get a room. I especially think I could "knock their heads together" when I am sitting behind an inane couple who have to have their morning "couple time" when they are sitting right in front of me. Its as if they have to advertise this to everyone that they are a couple. No one wants to see that especially in the morning.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Get a room. I especially think I could "knock their heads together" when I am sitting behind an inane couple who have to have their morning "couple time" when they are sitting right in front of me. Its as if they have to advertise this to everyone that they are a couple. No one wants to see that especially in the morning.

I agree. Particularly when in comes with slurping,lip smacking sound effects. :(
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baz O wrote: »
    If they are a young couple it doesn't bother me at all. What I do find revolting is older couples canoodling in public because they should know better. I don't even like my husband holding my hand in public and usually put my handbag between us if he tries to grab my hand.

I agree! Older people doing it shows immaturity imo !
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

or 'eugh. Get a room'?

Get a room.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Particularly when in comes with slurping,lip smacking sound effects. :(

Thank god I wear my headphones, I think I would seriously say something to them but I would be a bit scared because the gentleman in question always seems to have a testosterone rush and that might be dangerous as he is probably not thinking with the correct head at that time.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's quite sweet as long as I'm not sitting next to them, that would be awkward .:D
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member

or 'eugh. Get a room'?

I think neither of those, just couldnt give a toss one way or the other.
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    I think it's quite sweet as long as I'm not sitting next to them, that would be awkward .:D

Or between them even. :D
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    urt31 wrote: »
    Depends on the context, time of day, other people in the carriage, nature of the "snogging".

On the whole it doesn't bother me though, let them get on with it.

I generally agree with this post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I dated an attention seeker. It was on about our second date, lunch in Manchester, and for some reason she thought it would be good to go on the Big Wheel, even though I hate heights.

Firstly she started rocking the pod as it climbed, to scare the s**t out of me, then she initiated a passionate snog, which was very pleasurable, but then I realised it was probably more to get a reaction from the old couple in the pod ahead of us, who I clearly saw looking at us in a disapproving way. :o

It was a surreal experience, as there were hundreds of PSV Eindhoven fans on the concourse below, singing Dutch football songs and drinking before their match at Old Trafford that night. :D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

or 'eugh. Get a room'?

If we're talking actual snogging in a decently filled bus etc, then no.....there's a time and a place. I actually think snogging around people is incredibly tacky. If you're full on kissing your partner where there's hardly anyone around, fair enough. I just turn away and don't bother looking (if on public transport). Not because I'm embarrassed, but because I think it's just tacky. I'd actually move if any couple started this near me.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote:
    Or between them even. :D

I would have to interrupt and say excuse me, I'm getting off at the next stop.:D
    Forum Member
    You wont be the only one getting off.;)
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Perhaps one should talk to these people about trains or stamp collecting. Those have to be real passion killers.

:p
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit of a public snogger when young. Wouldn't do it these days though!
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would two people kissing in public be in any way the business of anyone not involved in said snog??