X Factor & BGT to Continue until 2016

COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,095
Forum Member
✭✭
Looks like Simon has signed a new deal with ITV worth 150 million for his 2 shows to carry on until 2016
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2507705/Simon-Cowell-signs-150-million-deal-The-X-Factor-Britains-Got-Talent-TV-years.html

Comments

• Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh blast ITV. I am only watching this series because I believed it to be the last (and Sharon 'judging' of course).
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad XF is continuing, I'd miss it :D

I don't watch BGT
  • tvmad999tvmad999 Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THAT'S RIDICULOUS! BGT is fair enough, it may not be as good as it was a few years ago, but it is still pulling in decent ratings.

XF is NO NO NO!:mad:
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,804
    Forum Member
    Oh blast ITV. I am only watching this series because I believed it to be the last (and Sharon 'judging' of course).

Simon, Louis, Sharon & Nicole judging next season ?
  • ChelseaaKylexChelseaaKylex Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually love the X Factor! :D
  • RodRuby93RodRuby93 Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drat, double drat, and a triple drat.

Three more years of generic wannabes who aim to exacerbate the 15 year dumbing-down of the music industry, I stopped watching XF after the eight season.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Again this is old news last year they said that they renewed the deal which expires every three years.

Old news...
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for ruining my day
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When oh when will we get away from this reality shite and get back to making decent television shows??
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvmad999 wrote: »
    THAT'S RIDICULOUS! BGT is fair enough, it may not be as good as it was a few years ago, but it is still pulling in decent ratings.

XF is NO NO NO!:mad:
    RodRuby93 wrote: »

Three more years of generic wannabes who aim to exacerbate the 15 year dumbing-down of the music industry, I stopped watching XF after the eight season.
    kitten12 wrote: »
    Thanks for ruining my day
    When oh when will we get away from this reality shite and get back to making decent television shows??

Oh for the love of god. Are your remotes all broken or do you only have one channel? Don't like it, Don't watch it. Why whinge about it . Don't buy the records if you don't want to support Cowell. Its not as if you are being forced. And lets be honest ITV is not a quality drama producer as such so it sticks with a proven formula for them, if they decide to cancel it will only be replaced by very run of the mill series which you will all be complaining about again anyway. So use that little thing called a remote and make a change...the televisual world is big. Or you can just shut off your telly and invest in DVDs and never have to see television again.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RodRuby93 wrote: »

Why are you on this forum then :eek:

Anyway, great news :D
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I hope there will be the same panel from next year until the end. I am tired of the panel changing every year, or two.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'd all miss it if it was gone, it's part of British culture now and Saturday night TV.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Cheryl comes back btw.
  • jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a " get out clause " for ITV in this contract , if X Factor continues to bomb in the ratings , This is like a football club issuing a statement that they have every confidence in the manager !!!!! before
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »

She probably will. She doesn't seem to be doing much at the moment, does she?
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol why are people so mad its only a tv show. :D Get a grip

I like watching them both on the weekends as they are something to watch.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news

if your names melanie mccabe, or joeseph whelen
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »

I'd rather she didn't, not the way she acted unprofessionally in 2010.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if its true that Dannii is returning?!
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    I wonder if its true that Dannii is returning?!

Why would Dannii give up Australia X Factor after only one series? This is why I personally do not think she will return to the UK panel. After the success of the ratings for the aussie show this year, would the producers risk getting Dannii on the UK panel again. If this happened, there is more of a chance the aussie show could sink. I personally think the producers will try their best to get all four back for the aussie panel.
  • cats academycats academy Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abcd wrote: »
    Excellent news

if your names melanie mccabe, or joeseph whelen

Haha, this made me proper LOL.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would Dannii give up Australia X Factor after only one series? This is why I personally do not think she will return to the UK panel. After the success of the ratings for the aussie show this year, would the producers risk getting Dannii on the UK panel again. If this happened, there is more of a chance the aussie show could sink. I personally think the producers will try their best to get all four back for the aussie panel.

Dannii signed a 2 y deal with seven. Then after a year AGT was cancelled and since Dannii had a contract with seven she was signed up for XF. I think its a possibility.

The panel never stays the same so someone will be replaced.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    The panel never stays the same so someone will be replaced.

That someone will be Redfoo who was just AWFUL at mentoring.