Options

Can someone please help?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
Forum Member
My and my mum started talking about a show today - and now we're trying to think if it's just something we made up or if it actually was a show....

It was about a flying carpet.... That is all I remember. Hahaha! It had children (or teenagers) about four of them and we think it was aired in the 90's. Not sure if it was a television series or just an odd episode? And it was British....

With all that minimum and not helpful information haha; does this by any small chance ring any bells?!

Comments

• Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I am sorry it isn't much help but their is definitely something in my head that tells me i may have seen this show

Can't give any more but i definitely remember something of that type too

So you may not have imagined it
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Was it Genie From Down Under? I remember they flew on a carpet and divided their time between Australia and the UK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Phoenix and The Carpet? I seem to remember that having a flying carpet?
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it The Phoenix and the Carpet?
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Box Of Delights? Although that was from 1984.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would have been The Phoenix and the carpet as that was a serial on TV in the 1990's as well as a couple of times in earlier years.

It was from the book written by E. Nesbit and was about four children around the turn on the 20th century, who buy a bit of old carpet and take it home. An enormous egg rolls out of it and lands in the fire where it hatches out into the mythological Phoenix. The carpet is also a magic one and the children have lots of adventures with the Phoenix and the carpet.

The book is a follow up to an earlier one called Five Children and It, which has also been on TV as a serial, and also made into a film.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it The Phoenix and the Carpet?

I recall that show and I think it was on ITV.
  • Options
    humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it wonderful when someone posts a thread and then doesn't respond to helpful comments.
  • Options
    humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What shall do this morning ? make up a thread for digispy so people can have a discussion without coming to a conclusion..
  • Options
    SweetiecatSweetiecat Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone has the time to check on here all the time.
    It's been less than 24 hours since the question was posted. Not everyone logs on every day you know!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    humbug333 wrote: »
    Isn't it wonderful when someone posts a thread and then doesn't respond to helpful comments.

I have a life outside digitalspy.... Impatience is an ugly trait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sweetiecat wrote: »
    Not everyone has the time to check on here all the time.
    It's been less than 24 hours since the question was posted. Not everyone logs on every day you know!

Thank you :) have been majorly busy so haven't had a chance to check, pleased for your comment bless youn
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone for your help!!! It was phenoix and the carpet
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Not everyone sits on here refreshing the page all day, Some people go to work on weekends

Post thread in morning knowing you will be back to check later, Is that a problem?
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that's weird, I loved this series but I've been misremembering the title of the TV series as "The Phoenix and the Magic Carpet". Turns out that was the name of the film made a few years earlier.
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    humbug333 wrote: »
    What shall do this morning ? make up a thread for digispy so people can have a discussion without coming to a conclusion..

What a nkob