Options

Humax foxsat HDR switches itself on.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
Forum Member
Hi Everyone

My Foxsat has suddenly started switching itself on at random times. I have had the box for nearly two years and never had this problem before. The only change that I have made was when BBC1 HD started, I selected it to be the startup channel.

I know that when the box is setting itself up the clock shows, but when this happens the display says "BBC1 HD"

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Robert

Comments

• Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    Are they random times? Or the same time very day? Have you checked if there are any record or watch timers you have set accidentally?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Gomezz

Is there an easy way to check watch timers etc?

Robert
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has come up before:-

go into the time settings and make sure the power on is set to 'disable' and not showing:-
    [highlight]--:--[/highlight]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This has come up before:-

go into the time settings and make sure the power on is set to 'disable' and not showing:-
    Yes, thank you the setting was as you suggested. I have changed it now so I believe all will be OK. As a matter of interest what is the setting for?

Thank you again

Robert
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a matter of interest what is the setting for?

Purely just to bring the box out of standby at a required time, though the only thing I would use it for would be to build the buffer up prior to returning home or getting up, saving the bother of setting a recording schedule... but even now I've typed that up it seems a pretty lame thing to do. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you, all