Auto-downloads now for all

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New firmware update for PS3 today opens up automatic system update and purchase downloads for everyone rather than just PS+ users.

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?
    Is it out yet?

I wish we could remote start our ps3s. Today I set up bf4 at work lunchtime to queue bf4 but had to phone wife to press ps button to bring it out of standby so it would start downloading
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    How about opening up cloud saves for everyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read about it. Also going to have ability to hide trophies for some reason. Maybe to hide hannah Montana game
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Really?
    Is it out yet?

I wish we could remote start our ps3s. Today I set up bf4 at work lunchtime to queue bf4 but had to phone wife to press ps button to bring it out of standby so it would start downloading

Lol lol. will check the update later.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No update here so far.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Just read about it. Also going to have ability to hide trophies for some reason. Maybe to hide hannah Montana game

I've quoted this post so it'll be marked down in history even if you edit your post :p

It'll be good for those PS+ games that you play once and don't like. I've got loads at 0-2%
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah forgot to mention the trophy thing.

This is already possible with a Vita, if you have one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something else about transferring to vita over wifi or something. Didnt really read properly as don't have a visa
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wish you could tell ps3 that you'll agree to Everything firmware wise so that when it auto downloads it also installs.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good the hear auto updates will be available to everyone, with the work Sony are doing on the web store this really had to become a feature for everybody.
    Just wish you could tell ps3 that you'll agree to Everything firmware wise so that when it auto downloads it also installs.

I don't know if that is a great idea or a really crazy idea :D

I don't like powering on my PS3 to be told I need to go through the install process of the firmware, so the auto install would be good for that. But I am not sure I would like the PS3 to auto install a firmware with Sonys track record of releasing some pretty shoddy firmware updates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice they renamed PlayStation Network menu to PSN.

The XMB seems to be a lot faster when using it whilst playing a game, too. Maybe it's because the game I'm playing isn't so demanding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh yeah forgot about sonys track record lol