Options

Coronation Street script game (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Well how about you hold onto the other side of the lead." Barry said not wanting the little boy to be overpowered by Jack who could be a somewhat strong dog at times. "Oh they look very snug in the buggy." Helen said as Carla smiled.
    "Do you want to push the buggy? You don't have to bu.."
    "Oh can I." Helen said as she smiled at the opportunity to play Grandma.
  • Options
    madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Course, I don't mind' Carla said adjusting the scarf around her neck and taking Peter's hand. 'This makes me miss Ireland so much, it's been too long' Carla said as Helen nodded. 'It has, you used to come a lot when you were with out Paul' Helen said. 'Yeah, spent half the time in the pub with Liam though' Carla chuckled fondly. 'Aye, you two were awful!' Helen smiled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Well I'm all grown up now. I hope that the little ones like it as much as I do." Carla said as she smiled as Peter squeezed her hand in his. "Dad see I can take the dog for a walk." Simon said as Carla and Peter shared a look sensing Simon's begging for a pet would not stop anytime soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Yes Si, you can so make the most of it' Carla said. She could tell Simon desperately wanted one but she wasn't ready to give in yet. Peter looked down into the pram as Harry was babbling away to himself. 'I think he's excited' Carla laughed. 'We can take him out when we get to the beach' Helen suggested. 'I'm sure he'll like that!' Carla said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "They really are the bonniest little ones. Aren't you." Helen said as she steered the buggy along smiling as Harry loooked up at her gurglin to himself. Esme was snuggled up and fast asleep but Harry seemed to be fascinated by the new surroundings and people. "Hello Helen." A neighbour said as she smiled seeing the poor woman who had lost two sons a few years back. "Who's this then?" She said peering at the tiny twins.
    "Oh this is Harry and Esme. My son Paul, his wife Carla's little ones. Her and her family have coem to stay for a few days." Helen said as she smiled watching Barry help Simon with Jack's lead. True they weren't her grandbabies in a sense but she was thrilled that Carla was giving her the chance to be stand-in Grandma.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Nice to meet you' Carla smiled as Peter nodded. 'Well aren't they lovely' the neighbour smiled. 'Right Si, we can let Jack off now seeing as we are in the woods' Barry said as they opened the gate and entered the woods. 'How do you do it?' Simon asked. 'Here' Barry showed him how to unclip the lead as the dog ran off. Simon ran after him. 'It's really good for Simon to have a holiday, he's been so god with all the changes in his life' Peter said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Yeah he has, plus this is nice havinga holiday away from everything together." Carla said as she swung her hand in Peter's. "Here Helen let me hold the gate." Peter said as he held it wide open so she could manouver the buggy through. "Thanks love. Oh Harry what's all that noise for hmm." Helen said as she pushed the buggy through.
    "I think he likes having a walk." Carla said as she smiled at her son.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Oh he'll like the beach' Helen said. 'How far is it?' Peter asked. 'About twenty minutes, it's a lovely walk' Helen said. 'Keep an eye on Si Peter, make sure he doesn't get too excited!' Carla chuckled. 'He'll be ok, you do know he transported himself all the way from Blackpool back to Weatherfield on his own' Peter said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Yeah well regardless I don't want him getting lost." Carla said as Helen's eyes widened at Peter's words. "What he got back from Blackpool on his own."
    "Yeah it's a long story." Peter said as he smiled as he looked at Esme who was waking up from her sleep.

"Slow down fella." Barry said as he shook his head at the energetic little boy bounding after the dog. "He's a livewire isn't he." Carla said as she had left Peter telling Helen about how Simon had managed to get himself back to Manchester on his own. "Aye he is, bet he keeps you on your toes. I have to say love, you really suit this been a mam." He said as Carla smiled.
    "Thanks Barry."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'So how are you finding it three months on?' Barry asked her. 'It's hard work, it really is.. I never imagined it would this hard, but it's wonderful, watching the twins grow and things' Carla said. 'You still managing to balance it with the factory?' Barry asked. 'Just about, Michelle has been wonderful you know.. but I couldn't leave her in total charge, it keeps me sane' Carla said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh I never thought you'd abandon that place." Barry said as he smiled at the woman he had seen grow from a disadvantaged teenager to the savvy woman he saw before him now. "Well it's an expensive lark bringing up three little ones." Carla said with a smile.
    "You know Paul and Liam would be so proud of you love."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Yeah, they would.. I miss them so much' Carla said. 'So do we, it is still.. hard to accept' Barry said. 'I cant imagine.. I'm so glad that me and Helen have built our bridges' Carla said as Barry nodded. 'So am I, it means the world to me' Barry said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Mum, look the dog runs after the ball when I throw it for him." Simon said as he tugged on Carla's hand wanting her attention. She smiled down at him ruffling his curls. "You enjoying yourself?" She said as Simon nodded.
    "Yeah. Irelands fun. Barry is there a castle near here? Ryan said that there was." Simon said as Barry chuckled.
    "Aye there is about seven miles away little guy. We can go sometime this week hey." He said as Simon nodded liking the idea. "You know if you and Peter want some time alone we're more than happy to have the kids for the day. Let you have a trip to the city or something." He said as Carla smiled. "I don't want to put you out. You and Helen have done more than enough."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Oh it's nothing, honestly, we miss having kids about so we'd be more than happy' Barry smiled. 'Well that would be nice' Carla said. 'You two spend some time alone, I imagine with the kids, you don't get much time to yourselves' Barry said. 'No, we don't really, so it would be nice to go for a meal or something' Carla said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Hmm and I reckon you want to go round the shops which isn't easy with a big pram and a eight year old in tow. You decide when you want to have a break and like I said I'll take Simon to the castle and I reckon Helen would be more than willing to have the babies." Barry said as he smiled at Carla who nodded. "You know me too well Barry." Carla said as she remembered there was a lovely jewellary shop in Dublin where she thought she and Peter might get some nice wedding bands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Mum I can see the sea!' Simon shouted. 'Right Si, don't run too far ahead!' Carla said as Peter and Helen caught up with them. 'Blimey, I would keep an eye on him!' Helen said. 'Has Peter been filling you in' Carla laughed as Peter nodded. 'He's a right handful' Peter smiled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "You two will be bundles of energy no doubt when you're bigger." Peter said as he was pushing the buggy now, Helen struggling a little to push it on the tracks in the wood. Carla smiled as she paused for him to catch up. "Si seems to be enjoying himself. Erm Barry said if you and I want to have a day to ourselves then he and Helen will take the kids for the day. We could go to Dublin if you fancied it's not too far a drive." She said as Peter nodded.
    "Why not hey. What about the day after tomorrow. Simon saw a poster for a local fair in one of the little towns. I think it has Irish musicians and things. Anyway if it's nice I thought we could go." Peter said as Carla nodded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, so that scene today.. we need to write a scene like this in :P

'Yeah, that would be nice' Carla smiled. 'Good, and I think I could take you out for a romantic dinner somewhere' Peter grinned. 'Oh, I like the sound of that' Carla smirked. 'Good, I better get talking to Barry about where to take you' Peter winked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She smiled knowing that she'd have to forego a meal or so if she was going to be able to enjoy the meal out with Peter. She'd just have to be sly about how she avoided eating, using the children almost to get away without finishing anything. "Oh watch the slope down love, it's not all level." Helen said as Simon chatted away ten to the dozen about what he was doing at school.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Here take my hand' Helen said reaching for Simon's hand. 'Oh looks like this one is waking up' Carla smiled looking down at Esme who yawned and clenched her fists in the pram. 'Bet she'll be demanding a feed soon' Peter said. 'Oh I hope not' Carla said as she really didn't have the energy to feed the twins right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh you okay?" Peter said as usually Carla was quick and keen to give either twin a feed if they were hungry. "Yeah sorry just a bit of a headache. But I'm sure I'll be okay." Carla said as she followed the path to the sandy beach. "Wow this is great Dad!" Simon enthused.
    "You know many years ago Simon smugglers used to bring their loot here." Barry said as Carla smiled sensing that Barry was enjoying having someone listen intently to stories of pirates and smugglers, Ryan was too old now and Liam too small. Simon was just the right age for stories of adventure and wonder. "What's a smuggler?" Simon asked as he sat down on a large rock as Barry grinned.

"Here I know it's not the warmest day but I brought a rug so we can sit down." Helen said as she unfolded a large rug they could sit on without getting sand everywhere. "You two coming to sit and see the beach?" Peter said as he put the brake on the buggy and smiled as the twins looked up at their Dad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Come on then' peter grinned picking the twins out of the pram and laying them in the middle of the rug. 'Peter pass that blanket' Carla said shivering a little. 'Here you go, looks like the twins are warm' Peter said as they were wrapped up in their coats and mittens;. 'Now don't you go eating sand' Carla said as Harry looked eager to explore despite his young age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh he wants to know what this is." Helen said as she watched Harry squirm a little on the rug. "I reckon he'll be crawling soon enough, he's already trying to shuffle a little bit on his elbows and things." Peter said with a grin at his son.
    "Oh bless him. Hey petal you're not bothered are you, you like been cuddled don't you." Helen said as she egntly picked up Esme who was sucking her fingers. "Oh she loves been cuddled don't you. To be honest I think she'll only try something when Harry's done it first."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'He's the leader then' Barry chuckled. 'Very much so, he tends to be a bit less grumpy too' Peter laughed. 'Oh come here you little softy' Barry said reaching for Harry who made a little content noise and snuggled into his grandads arms.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Mum look!" Simon ran over holding a shell in his hand.
    "Oh wow Si. That's a lovely shell isn't it." Carla said as she smiled as Simon sat beside her. "Do the babies like the beach?" He asked as Peter nodded.
    "I think they do. We going to make a sandcastle Si?"

"Oh dear Mr that's a noise." Barry said as Harry scrunched up his little fists and whimpered. "Oh I think someone needs a nappy change." Peter said as he went to take his son from Barry. "If I put the umbrella up then you can change him behind that." Helen said as Peter nodded thankfully.
This discussion has been closed.