What rumours do you NOT want to be true for the new series?

2»

Comments

• JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    I don't think we need a complex back story to explain why she is a woman, when we already know that is always a possibility of regeneration, but I would however really like to see the Simm to Gomez regeneration scene for a bit of continuity.Even if they were unable to get Simm back, a shot of him regenerating from behind and then focus on the face as it becomes Missy would be better than nothing.
    Good idea. Just show a man with bleach blond hair from behind, he starts glowing, his hair darkens and grows long, then the glowing stops, he turns around, and it's Michelle Gomez, who would exclaim something about becoming what he hates - a girl (the Jacobi and Simm incarnations both thought females were weak).
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where have the rumours come from?:confused:
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Not really a rumour that matches anything we've seen with the filming, but earlier on there were rumours that Gallifrey would play a bigger role in Series 9 - possibly even being found.

I hope this isn't true. I'm just not interested in that story at all any way, especially so soon under the shadow of the 50th Anniversary story. Space out the Gallifreyan stories across the years... focus on new worlds and new threats for now.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Good idea. Just show a man with bleach blond hair from behind, he starts glowing, his hair darkens and grows long, then the glowing stops, he turns around, and it's Michelle Gomez, who would exclaim something about becoming what he hates - a girl (the Jacobi and Simm incarnations both thought females were weak).

Between Roger Delgado and Anthony Ainley, Peter Pratt (1976) and Geoffrey Beevers (1981 immediately prior to Ainley) portrayed the Master as corpse-like and searching for a new body.

So we could have a corpse-like Master in-between Simm and Gomez. Maybe the Corpse-Master insults the Sisterhood of Karn with misogynist comments so they change him into a woman as a punishment.:D
  • Tiernan_MccarthTiernan_Mccarth Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    RE: Young Davros
    Wasn't their some plan by RTD to have Davros show his backstory to the doctor in Journey's End (4.13). I'm sure RTD wanted to show us a young Davros fighting in the Kaled army against the Thals when suddenly a bomb would go off leaving him with the scars/face he has today. RTD wrote something about wanting to show the person behind the villain however the budget wouldn't allow for the FX they needed.
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rumour that I'm not to keen on -

The Doctor and Clara go back in time to an early point in Skaro's history and meet a young Davros, there's a clear tension between The Doctor and Davros, a sexual tension. Clara gets annoyed at this and storms back to the Tardis, The Doctor seeing this follows her back and they have a heated argument where Clara expresses her feelings for The Doctor and they end up in bed.

So then they happily travel around time and space together but then they go up against the deadly and fearsome Pinks, the Pinks is a human nickname for a race that they are at war with, they have the frame of a werewolf but with pink fur and mouse like features for eyes, ears and nose but with a deadly mouth that's more traditional for a werewolf.

After this encounter The Doctor and Clara have a argument, The Doctor feels like Clara is being overly sensitive so he wonders off while Clara sulks back home. He runs into Missy once more and there's a tension between them, a sexual tension, they end up in bed.

It turns out both Clara and Missy are now pregnant and The Doctor wants to keep this a secret from each other. He doesn't want to be a father as he feels that's going to drag down his time travelling ways so he convinces both to give up the babies when they are born. Missy gives birth to a girl and they take it to Earth, it turns out this is in fact Clara's grandmother (cue dramatic music).

Something strange though is going on with Clara, it maybe because she travelled in the Tardis or perhaps because she got with a timelord and humans are not suppose to do that but Clara keeps giving birth to a new baby every nine months.

The Doctor takes each child and places them in different places and by the time Clara stops birthing new children it turns out she has given birth to all of the Doctors old companions or they're mothers, as well as Omega, Rassilon, Morbius, The Rani, Davros and The Doctor himself (cue dramatic music)

After this Clara decides she's had enough of being around The Doctor and they go their separate ways, and as a link to the next series The Doctor runs into a Dalek, and there's a tension....

- The problem I have with this rumour is the fact that there's mouse werewolf's with pink fur... seems a bit convoluted and goes to far, the rest I'm ok with though.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    I dont want to see a young Davros. It irked me no end they had Clara metting The Doctor as a child.