Options

Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hving lunch yesterday in dublin and was sitting directly across from Fr Ted actor Frank Kelly who played Fr Jack

he looked a but grumpy so I didn't say anything and certainly didn't mention any of the phrases from the show :D

He might have been having a bad day but he seemed quite intimidating

My brother worked with him for a show on TG4 and he said he was nice but a little 'funny'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    titfortat wrote: »
    And they are the only two famous people I have met. I do go to concerts but I can never be bothered with the whole stage door thing
    I've been to loads of concerts but have no idea how people know where they leave hahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spike08 wrote: »
    Showing my age here but in the 80's Spandau Ballet lived in Dublin for a while ( tax doge ) and they were all lovely and had lots of time for fans.
    Depeche Mode again in the 80's lovely blokes couldnt have been nicer.
    Billy Connolly again in the 80's polite friendly.
    My sister met Oz Clarke once and said he was the rudest man she had ever met, he shouted at her that she wasnt really as Irish as him :eek: .
    She met Marian Keyes at a book signing in Leeds and she was so sweet and had lots of time for everyone.
    I once wrote a letter to Fiona Walker ( author ) and received a handwritten letter back I was chuffed.

I've heard she's lovely from a few people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People I've met:

Olly Murs - absolutely lovely, gave everyone kisses and made sure everyone got a photo if they wanted

John and Edward - LOVELY! SO different to on camera and really accomodating to fans, even when they're being dragged away. Make an effort to know your name.

Ryan Tubridy - Again, lovely! Not many of you will know him though, I guess.

Rhys Ifans - Very nice and quite hot :p

I think that's all...

During the Toy Show last night I texted a friend saying he actually looked hot in the jumper. I don't think I'll live it down now :p even though I stand by it....I totally would :cool: haha

Also...J&E seem like nice lads. Annoying on The X Factor but really loving in interviews and stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nisior wrote: »
    I do think you're right. My brothers are the nicest lads ever so my hope is that there are some nice lads that could live up to the amount of respect they show women. I could really tell you some horror stories about things that lads at my school did when girls were drunk...but that's for another thread lol :p

Some of the blokes my mum has dated has made me have to really try to remain positive...ugh, you wouldn't believe some of the losers she's attracted. I have no idea why; she's an educated, warm woman but for some reason she just attracts the freaks. She reckons she's sworn off men forever now but I still hope she'll find someone nice one day. She's only in her 50s still so it's not too late.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nisior wrote: »
    During the Toy Show last night I texted a friend saying he actually looked hot in the jumper. I don't think I'll live it down now :p even though I stand by it....I totally would :cool: haha
    Each to their own but I don't see it and I wouldn't touch him with my worst enemies!
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has no-one mentioned Princess Cole yet?

Cheryl isn't a bad girl at all.

I was at Gatwick Airport, it must have been around this time last year and our flight was delayed so we all had to be ushered into this lobby/room thing. In the corner was Cheryl (facing the wall trying to keep oblivious) with her security guard/minder. Some recognised her and asked if it was her and she took off her sun glasses and spoke to everyone and happily signed autographs and stuff. Then an airport worker came around with a drinks/food trolly and asked if anyone wanted to buy anything and she happily paid for everyones drinks and food.

My friend also met her on a one to one basis at the Out of Control tour and she was very pleasant also from what I heard.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

I was at Gatwick Airport, it must have been around this time last year and our flight was delayed so we all had to be ushered into this lobby/room thing. In the corner was Cheryl (facing the wall trying to keep oblivious) with her security guard/minder. Some recognised her and asked if it was her and she took off her sun glasses and spoke to everyone and happily signed autographs and stuff. Then an airport worker came around with a drinks/food trolly and asked if anyone wanted to buy anything and she happily paid for everyones drinks and food.

My friend also met her on a one to one basis at the Out of Control tour and she was very pleasant also from what I heard.

That was very nice of her :) I've never met her myself but a few of my friends have met her over the years after shows with GA and said she was he most approachable of all the girls and was really normal and chatty.

I've heard some horror stories about Geri Halliwell. Apparently she just zones out, almost like she's not even 'all there'. She hardly ever says hello or smiles, just signs your autograph (if you're lucky) and walks on, or if its at a signing her security usher you out of her way once she has signed her autograph.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was very nice of her :) I've never met her myself but a few of my friends have met her over the years after shows with GA and said she was he most approachable of all the girls and was really normal and chatty.

I've heard some horror stories about Geri Halliwell. Apparently she just zones out, almost like she's not even 'all there'. She hardly ever says hello or smiles, just signs your autograph (if you're lucky) and walks on, or if its at a signing her security usher you out of her way once she has signed her autograph.

Yeah she is a really nice girl from what I saw. Very few people of her status would do that. I was like 'no it's fine I don't want anything' and she insisted on me getting a hot chocolate (it was a cold night). She also bought the kids some sweets (she even asked the parents if it was ok first) how adorable?

Obviously, there's times where she won't be so nice, but we all have our off days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also, Nadine was the worst at the GA shows apparently. She acted like a right diva and a spoilt brat.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she is a really nice girl from what I saw. Very few people of her status would do that. I was like 'no it's fine I don't want anything' and she insisted on me getting a hot chocolate (it was a cold night). She also bought the kids some sweets (she even asked the parents if it was ok first) how adorable?

Obviously, there's times where she won't be so nice, but we all have our off days.
    Also, Nadine was the worst at the GA shows apparently. She acted like a right diva and a spoilt brat.

Yes that's really nice of her, and nice to hear of a celeb being nice and appreciating their fans :)

Aww that's sad to hear about Nadine. I used to work with a girl who went to the same school as her (a few years below her) and apparently she was stuck up and loved herself. I'm not sure though, I do have a wee soft spot for Nadine aswell tbh lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've heard she is generally nice toward fans, which is good to know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Agree with those who've said David Tennant is a lovely guy, as are Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, and Billie Piper. I've seen two sides to Barrowman though, sometimes nice, sometimes not.

Jessalyn Gilsig and Dianna Agron from Glee, lovely people. Lea Michele, Cory Monteith & Matthew Morrison... wouldn't go so far as to say they weren't nice, but they were more interested in talking to each other than people they were there to meet.

Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev from the Vampire Diaries were also lovely... Paul Wesley was a bit more distant. Steven R McQueen and Matt Davis were super nice too.

The whole cast of White Collar are also super nice - Tiffani Theissen wasn't there when I met them, but Matt Bomer shook my hand, smiled, introduced himself and I almost fainted at his hotness. Marsha Thomason was really nice too, as was Sharif Atkins, both very chatty. Had less interaction with Tim DeKay and Willie Garson but they were both lovely too.

People I've found to be quite hard work and sometimes arsey - J August Richards, Christian Kane, Santiago Cabrera, Ray Quinn, Dave Gorman. Jodi Lynn O'Keefe from Prison Break - absolute cow. Dominic Keating is a total **** too. Elisabeth Rohm from Law & Order was a total bitch, too. Robert Knepper was a bit of a creep.

I've met lots of lovely people, the following stick out as extra lovely though - Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Amy Acker, Alyson Hannigan & Alexis Denisof, Danny Wallace, Felicia Day. Jorge Garcia & Maggie Grace. Joss Whedon. Christina Hendricks & Vincent Kartheiser (though Vinnie is a nutter, he's a lovely nutter). George Takei. Michael Muhney. Tony Head is lovely, as is Colin Ferguson from Eureka. My favourite people I've ever met, though, are Richard Kahan and Jonathan Woodward, who I'm sure won't mean anything to most people but they're way, way up there! Jenna Leigh Green (Libby from Sabrina the Teenage Witch) was also really nice. Brian Austin Green, WAY more lovely and down to earth than I expected considering he's married to Megan Fox.

I keep thinking of more! Russell Tovey is really nice.. I'm just glad I have more good stories than bad ones.
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    RachVG wrote: »
    Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev from the Vampire Diaries were also lovely... Paul Wesley was a bit more distant. Steven R McQueen and Matt Davis were super nice too.

I hate you :D I'm glad they were all nice. Maybe Paul is just a bit shy. I think I've read that about him. Can I ask where you met the cast?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I went to San Diego Comic Con - it was a very fleeting meeting at the crazy autograph session so I think you're right it probably was shy/overwhelmed mostly with Paul (and definitely came across more the shy kind of distant than the rude kind of distant so I don't hold it against him!), Ian was being very deliberate to have at least a little bit of conversation with everybody even though there wasn't much time (asked where I was from, guessed England, and when I said yes he said he loved my accent, I must admit I swooned!) and Steven smiled and winked at me. I can't form an opinion about Michael Trevino as he went to the toilet right before I got up to the signing table - and I was in the first ten minutes of people to go through! He should have gone before! :D
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    You're very lucky :) I hope I'm right about him being shy. I would be gutted if it turned out that he's just rude. I've heard that Ian is really nice so it's nice to have it confirmed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I've heard she is generally nice toward fans, which is good to know.

Not everyone was a fan though, she was just pleasant to everyone and didn't act like someone she's not. :)
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    I think his funeral song should be 'thank heaven for leetle boys' sung in a french accent. :D
    Joan Hickson was a treasure, polite ,charming even when she was a little unwell she was still happy to chat, she sadly passed within the month, even though i met her only the once when i heard of her death i was devastated and upset. Loved her as Ms Marple.

I read a post on here about Dame Judy Dench and the sanitary towel incident, so i guess she is a total horror.

Youre basing that on a rumour of a pic that was proved to be a fake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Agree with those who've said David Tennant is a lovely guy, as are Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, and Billie Piper. I've seen two sides to Barrowman though, sometimes nice, sometimes not.

Jessalyn Gilsig and Dianna Agron from Glee, lovely people. Lea Michele, Cory Monteith & Matthew Morrison... wouldn't go so far as to say they weren't nice, but they were more interested in talking to each other than people they were there to meet.

The whole cast of White Collar are also super nice - Tiffani Theissen wasn't there when I met them, but Matt Bomer shook my hand, smiled, introduced himself and I almost fainted at his hotness. Marsha Thomason was really nice too, as was Sharif Atkins, both very chatty. Had less interaction with Tim DeKay and Willie Garson but they were both lovely too.

People I've found to be quite hard work and sometimes arsey - J August Richards, Christian Kane, Santiago Cabrera, Ray Quinn, Dave Gorman. Jodi Lynn O'Keefe from Prison Break - absolute cow. Dominic Keating is a total **** too. Elisabeth Rohm from Law & Order was a total bitch, too. Robert Knepper was a bit of a creep.

I've met lots of lovely people, the following stick out as extra lovely though - Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Amy Acker, Alyson Hannigan & Alexis Denisof, Danny Wallace, Felicia Day. Jorge Garcia & Maggie Grace. Joss Whedon. Christina Hendricks & Vincent Kartheiser (though Vinnie is a nutter, he's a lovely nutter). George Takei. Michael Muhney. Tony Head is lovely, as is Colin Ferguson from Eureka. My favourite people I've ever met, though, are Richard Kahan and Jonathan Woodward, who I'm sure won't mean anything to most people but they're way, way up there! Jenna Leigh Green (Libby from Sabrina the Teenage Witch) was also really nice. Brian Austin Green, WAY more lovely and down to earth than I expected considering he's married to Megan Fox.

I keep thinking of more! Russell Tovey is really nice.. I'm just glad I have more good stories than bad ones.[/QUOTE

As someone who has met Jonathan Woodward I can confirm that he is an incredibley nice guy....if a really bad dancer:D
    I've met some lovely people but I think the only person who has came across as "stand offish",I wouldn't say horrible, was Michael Owen. He was not playing at the time because he was injured so that probably explains why he was a bit disinterested.
  • Options
    TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Shane McGowan of the Pogues once. I asked him for his autograph, and he drew me a pr1ck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    almcg wrote: »
    As someone who has met Jonathan Woodward I can confirm that he is an incredibley nice guy....if a really bad dancer:D

Haha! Though that depends what he's dancing too - he did an excellent Macarena while standing on a chair on a cruise I was on - though I had to hold his chair to make sure he didn't die when the boat got sway-y!
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Shane McGowan of the Pogues once. I asked him for his autograph, and he drew me a pr1ck.
    That is awesome :D
  • Options
    Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Been to a Buffy/Angel convention then? I'm thrilled that you say that Amy Acker is lovely, I'd love to meet her. If only I could meet someone as nice as Fred Burkle I'd marry her in an instant.

I'd love to have the Denisofs and Anthony Head round for tea. How cool would that be? Almost as fantastic as being transformed into Freddie Prinze Jr and waking up in bed next to Buffy EVERY DAY!!. :);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    almcg wrote: »

Ian Somerhalder from the Vampire Diaries was also lovely...

I've met lots of lovely people, the following stick out as extra lovely though - Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Amy Acker, Alyson Hannigan & Alexis Denisof, Jorge Garcia & Maggie Grace. George Takei. . Tony Head is lovely,

I keep thinking of more! Russell Tovey is really nice.. I'm just glad I have more good stories than bad ones.[/QUOTE

I can't express how jealous I am you met the White Collar cast (just caught up with season two yesterday!), especially Matt Bomer. OMG. Is he as gorgeous in real life? I adore him. :D

I've met John Barrowman several times and he's been nothing but lovely to me - gave me a birthday hug on the last occasion and remebered me from previous meetings, which was impressive considering how many fans mob him wherever he goes now, but I have heard he can be quite abrupt sometimes so maybe some people get unlucky and catch him during an off moment? Agree about David Tennant and Billie Piper being lovely, and would love to meet Matt and Karen. Hopefully one day.

Like you, I've met Ian Somerhalder, Nathan Fillion, Maggie Grace, Tony Head, Jorge Garcia and George Takei. All were super nice to me, and Maggie was soooo jetlagged but she really made an effort, still. Russell Tovy is just ADORABLE. I wanted to take him home. :D

I totally envy you for getting to meet Summer Glau, Amy Acker, Alyson Hannigan & Alexis Denisof. I go to Collectormanias and London Film & Comic Cons when my money situation allows it and I keep hoping some of them will come back as I wasn't doing the whole convention thing when any of them last came over.

Anyway, before I sign off I want to mention William Shatner as being nice - met him in July and was almost dreading it as he has one of the worst repuations ever, but he was charming and lovely and seemed to make an effort with anyone going upto him. Maybe he's mellowing out with age? Can't believe he's almost 80 and still doing conventions. That in itself is impressive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww that's sad to hear about Nadine. I used to work with a girl who went to the same school as her (a few years below her) and apparently she was stuck up and loved herself. I'm not sure though, I do have a wee soft spot for Nadine aswell tbh lol

Yeah that's the impression they got from her. She acted like she was way above talking to fans and stuff.