Options

Psychobitches - Sky Arts

KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
Forum Member
There must be someone watching this hysterical show!

Seeing the Brontes slagging each other off - so funny!

Comments

• Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I am watching and you are right the Brontes are:D:D:D
  • Options
    stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've enjoyed the whole series, and the previous one last year. Lots of little dramas, comedies or just plain arty half hours. All totally different (although the one you mention was also done last year).

The only one I didn't watch was the Nixon episode. It just bored me from the start.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was Julia Davis's character?. Margot Fontaine lol!!
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was really funny.

Loved the Bronte's Ffing and blinding. Also Sylvia Plath morphing into Pam Ayres.

Actually I thought that all the characters worked really well from the annoying Audrey Hepburn to Bette Davis and Joan Crawford trying to beat each other up.
  • Options
    thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was great fun.

I enjoyed the episode last year so I'm glad that its returned for a full series.
    The high point was Sylvia Plath channeling Pam Ayres :D

The Bette and Joan skit went on a little too long for me and I have to say that I really didn't like the 'joke' about Bette's disabled daughter.

Great stuff overall. I've read that Princess Diana will be a character in an upcoming episode - that should be interesting!
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for next week!

Of course, no one will even know it exists so it'll not do anything! :(
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it too. Mainly worked although I agree with the above comment about the Joan/Bette ones going on a little too long. It's true that it wont get a large audience though. What chance it's repeated on Sky One? This could also sit well on BBC Four.
  • Options
    thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anybody still watching this series?

The way they handled Princess Diana was just perfect :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anybody still watching this series?

The way they handled Princess Diana was just perfect :D

Is it too soon?

Loved it.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I'm really loving this, have to say Sharon Hogan has been the highlight. Her Virginia Woolf and Cleopatra had me in stitches.
  • Options
    candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when is this show on?
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just discovered this.

Kathy Burke as the Queen Mum was fantastic. Liza Tarbuck can do no wrong, and was perfect as Miss Muffett. Frances Barber as filthy Elizabeth the First (do you regret not having had children, Elizabeth?): I roared with laughter.

It's a hoot, and I have immediately clicked the series link. :)
  • Options
    Terry.RTerry.R Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon Hogan as Carmen Miranda - just brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle Gomez as Thatcher. Glorious!
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is brilliant. Love Rebecca Front and will watch her in practically anything. It's an excellent cast all round to be honest. Wonderfully wacky show.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky don't do the promotion of this show any favours by needlessly censoring the title to 'Psychob*****s" in its on-air and EPG descriptions.
  • Options
    cotton tailcotton tail Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    It's the best programme on TV!!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Jason C wrote: »
    Sky don't do the promotion of this show any favours by needlessly censoring the title to 'Psychob*****s" in its on-air and EPG descriptions.
    It's probably other rules from OFCOM or something.

Comedy Central do the same with some South Park episodes.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do watch Sky Arts but to mostly watch Tales of The Unexpected or a production of a Shakespeare play. I have never heard or seen this show.
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,641
    Forum Member
    I adore Psychobitches!

I love the way for this second series they've kind of extended some of the scenes away from the psychiatrist's office. The Bronte Sisters song at the end of the (I think) second episode last week was just sublime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    I adore Psychobitches!

I love the way for this second series they've kind of extended some of the scenes away from the psychiatrist's office. The Bronte Sisters song at the end of the (I think) second episode last week was just sublime.

I love it too. I've only seen the first episode of this series so far but if the Bronte Sisters song is as littered with swear words as their appearance in the first series it should be good. Look forward to watching it over the weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've now gone back and commenced series one. Sam Spiro (love her!) as Audrey Hepburn. Glorious. I see what people mean about the Davis/Crawford stuff going on a bit long, and it reminded me of French & Saunders doing the same stuff 25yrs ago. Still, plenty of laughs here. Sylvia Plath as Pam Ayres was a treat, too. And the sweary Bronte sisters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ted Robbins as Les Dawson as Emmeline Pankhurst.

Utter bliss.
  • Options
    StaxVoltStaxVolt Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    The Lucille Ball depiction is spot-on as I remember her,and funny too (always a bonus) ... in fact the whole show is firmly "series-linked". :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This just gets better and better and better.

Mrs Noah. Fantastic.
    Have you ever eaten a phoenix? They cook themselves. They're like a bloody readymeal

Frances Barber continues to amaze. Sam Spiro can do no wrong.