The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    I've just returned from Ireland where I did two of the Intimate Jedmas Concerts. They were fluffing fantastic and represented great value for money. We had a 'selfie' session with several photo's taken, a gift pack with signed Christmas Cards, a lovely pen and signed lanyard - all followed by a mini concert of 16 songs with the boys interacting and jumping in amongst the audience.

It was like having a Christmas party with family and friends and it was a lovely festive atmosphere.

I'm glad everyone had such a great time. What was nice was seeing pictures of people with the twins who don't normally get much attention from them.

Like a lot of people, I couldn't go because of the timing, but I'm guessing it was the smaller audience size that helped make the concerts so special.

I was very interested to hear that some hotel guests had wanted to buy tickets but were told the concert was for VIPs only!
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    I'm glad everyone had such a great time. What was nice was seeing pictures of people with the twins who don't normally get much attention from them.

Like a lot of people, I couldn't go because of the timing, but I'm guessing it was the smaller audience size that helped make the concerts so special.

I was very interested to hear that some hotel guests had wanted to buy tickets but were told the concert was for VIPs only!

A lot of effort had gone into the little touches that made it so personal - they took time with everyone individually during the 'selfies' and the handwritten Christmas cards.

This format does work well for those who aren't comfortable - or very good - at the 'craving' element and it appears much fairer with everyone getting their moment with the boys*. Of course, I suppose it doesn't seem very fair if you can't afford it but at least this way avoids a stampede.

*The compere welcomed them onto stage as 'boys' and Edward retorted 'we're 23 - we're not boys'! So I don't know what they want to be called. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    Of course, I suppose it doesn't seem very fair if you can't afford it but at least this way avoids a stampede.

How much was it? But sounds a better way to do it then the usual crush!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saladspork wrote: »
    How much was it? But sounds a better way to do it then the usual crush!

I think it was 75 euros (£58) but as my friend purchased the tickets for two shows I can't be more exact. For that we had at least an hour intimate concert plus the 'selfie' session. There wasn't a concert ticket included in this package but still think it's good value for money and certainly beats standing in panto alley ;-)
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the intimate concerts were a lovely idea and worked really well.
    Thank goodness they put the twins on at the end of the first half of the variety concert cuz I ran out of steam about 10.30 and would never have lasted until gone midnight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to all Jedward fans and randoms :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Jedmas all xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    :hi its JR here happy jedmas everyone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    i really hope jedward had a nice chrismttas andnew year and i hope it its a jedward full new year :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi JR nice to see you! I hope you're well.

Yes let's hope 2015 is a good year on Planetjedward :)
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone

Nice to see you JR :)

Wishing everyone a Jepic new year :)
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see the Never Mind the Buzzcocks Christmas special? Louis Walsh was one of the guest. They asked him if he kept in touch with Jedward, he said no. He was also asked why he was no longer their manager. He said it was due to artistic differences - the Jeds wanted to write their own material.

It's funny - if it was any other artist and manager in that situation I'd roll my eyes and figure that the manager was wise and that the artist would be doomed to obscurity. But somehow with the Jeds, it's different. They're always going to be ok, y'know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see the Never Mind the Buzzcocks Christmas special? Louis Walsh was one of the guest. They asked him if he kept in touch with Jedward, he said no. He was also asked why he was no longer their manager. He said it was due to artistic differences - the Jeds wanted to write their own material.

It's funny - if it was any other artist and manager in that situation I'd roll my eyes and figure that the manager was wise and that the artist would be doomed to obscurity. But somehow with the Jeds, it's different. They're always going to be ok, y'know?

Indeed. Especially as we have heard some of the songs now and know they are good! Shame Louis never really understood them really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Indeed. Especially as we have heard some of the songs now and know they are good! Shame Louis never really understood them really.

I just wish that for once someone on a show like that would say something nice about their music. Maybe if Ed Sheeran had been there he would have stuck up for them, he's obviously heard Ferocious and seemed to like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy new year to all posters and lurkers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wish that for once someone on a show like that would say something nice about their music. Maybe if Ed Sheeran had been there he would have stuck up for them, he's obviously heard Ferocious and seemed to like it.

Think what would really make a big difference is if they could sell a song for another artist under a publishing name to record, it be a big hit.....and then surprise! Written by Jedward!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would be lovely wouldn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year everyone :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here are the boys on TV3's Xpose yesterday talking about some of their favorite clothes (thanks to @rusjedward)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Y_WgzV2mA&feature=youtu.be
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video is fab isn't it?
    Best one yet!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been released officially now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmAdm3um9QE