Options

Embarrassing Ringtones.....

ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
Forum Member
✭✭✭
.......that you can't be bothered to change.

You thought the theme from The Magic Roundabout would be an absolute hoot.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oh mine isnt embarrasing by all means..Its TNT by ac/dc, and it sounds wicked when it goes off for a txt message :D
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything that isn't silent or vibrate is 'embarrassing'
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My phone is an old flip up Motorola.

My ringtone is 'latin loops'.

My daughter hides when I'm in public and it goes off.:D
  • Options
    PerfectionPerfection Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Anything that isn't silent or vibrate is 'embarrassing'

I can't ever remember using anything other than vibrate.

Strange affliction people have with manky tones.
  • Options
    Lain AndrewsLain Andrews Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, vibration is the way. :cool:
  • Options
    douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few weeks ago a woman on the bus had a laughing baby as her ringtone. I'm thinking what's that all about.
  • Options
    ray.ray.returnsray.ray.returns Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the old Nokia ones. My dads friend still has this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq0EmbY3XyI

I remember this one too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGnt9zNzgoM&feature=player_detailpage#t=110s
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just got the standard Nokia ringtone on my phone.

I haven't heard that actual tune in years but I'm always whistling it!
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in a nice resturant the other night and some womens mobile went of..It was loud and everyone turned to tune of

I want to know what love is..by Foreigner..:o
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to have my son singing "bless you, bless you all you pretty girls" which was fine until the time it went off in a silent evening class where everyone was busy working!
  • Options
    Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grown women with an entire Justin Beiber or One Direction song as their ringtone, and even they are embarrassed when it goes off in a supermarket checkout queue. Why bother having it?!?
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    I detest tacky ringtones! My phone just rings as a phone. Last week in the gym I could hear someone's phone in their locker going 'mummy pick up the phone, pick up the phone now' over and over. I wouldn't take any notice if I had music either; a phone ringing tone is more distinctive, IMO. Plus, as some of you said - a lot of these people with weird tones nearly always scramble to answer as if they're embarrassed so why do it?:confused:
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utopian where do you live? I think that phone belongs to someone I know! After all, its such an original and whacky idea there can be only one!
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    A few weeks ago a woman on the bus had a laughing baby as her ringtone. I'm thinking what's that all about.

our cleaner has a crying baby, I think it's her grnadson. Only marginally worse one I can think of would be nails on a blackboard
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just have a ringing phone tone. Anything else would be embarrassing. There are some funny ones, but funny once, get on your nerves after that type of ones.

My brother had the theme from Jaws when his ex wife rang, which was funny once, but his ex is lovely, so it seemed mean after a while.
  • Options
    ray.ray.returnsray.ray.returns Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the infamous ringtone from jurrasic park 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVA4BO2v7zs&feature=player_detailpage#t=46s

and here is the original annoying ringtone. go on admit it - who had it - and who remembers the outrage it caused on here circa 2004 - 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXQkMGffOBo&feature=player_detailpage#t=14s
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    My ringtone is Up by The Saturdays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My phone has been on "vibrate" from the day I got it, so there aren't any embarrassing situations at all.
  • Options
    flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worse is the vibrateing one... my favourite is "mission impossible tune !
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the sound of a modem connecting to the Internet as a ringtone. I find it therapeutic in a sadomasochist kind of way.

Other people get bloodlust within one thousant of a femtosecond of hearing it.

Thankfully, I'm a unsociable so and so with Bluetooth headphones, therefore it doesn't go off often.
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Anyone who has some tinny intro of some chart rubbish as their ringtone annoys me, and they all seem in such an (embarrassed) hurry to turn it off when it goes off :rolleyes:

I hate ringtones, - 99% of the time I have my phone on vibrate, if I ever need to have it on loud then my ringtone is the standard "ring ring" - I believe it's called 'old phone' in modern phone's ringtone libraries. :)
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    The Flower Duet. :o
  • Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I had a blackberry, I recorded myself doing a loud fart and set it as a text message alert tone. That was a stupid idea as when it went off and people would think I'd farted lol
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    The whole ringtone thing baffles me. Can you visualise the pitch to the bank?

So, we get snippets of songs and other sound effects and sell them to people to use as ringtones on these new mobile phones.

Er, don't mobile phones come with ringtones?

Well, yes.

And we've had telephones for decades and no-one's ever bothered with anything other than the single ringtone that the phone is supplied with.

Well, yes but...

And all the ringtone does is let you know you have to answer the phone. What does a different noise add to the experience?

Look, I know it sounds stupid but...

And you think people will PAY for these snippets of sound? I really think you are over-estimating the gullibility of mobile phone owners. Goodbye.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Isn't the point of different ringtones to avoid every bugger diving for their phone when one goes off? I have the Doctor Who theme and my text alert is the TARDIS. :)