Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
Your right there it was dreadful. I've recently starting watching again after 3 years and out of all the new characters Chris and Aiden are the two that i just cannot warm to. They're so dull and boring and their storyline doesnt interest me in the slightest.
    Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1551967

Comments

• 21CenturyCircus21CenturyCircus Posts: 2,697
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Flashbacks to Susan, Karl and THE SLAP!? Amazing!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
      Forum Member
      wow, we get new thread..I thought then why has it closed :D
    • 21CenturyCircus21CenturyCircus Posts: 2,697
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      People must be loving Neighbs at the moment? I haven't watched it properly since about 1999. It's fabulous. I was drawn back by Sarah's return. What a great storyline to revisit.
    • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
      Forum Member
      Yeah I stopped watching Neighbours for a bit but been watching past couple of years and been consistently good past 2- 3 years.

Karl and Susan are currently split but I can forsee a reunion. Whether I'm right though is another thing!
    • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
      Forum Member
      Ajay's a bit of a tool.

I don't understand Chris. All this "You didn't tell me that you didn't like another guy in the opposite football team" - wtf? I understand him getting fed up at not being let in but this seemed a ridiculous reaction.

Rani still has a face for slapping.

I'm not a huge baby fan but Nell is very cute.

Wish Georgia and Kyle would hurry up and get together.
    • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Iphigenia wrote: »

I don't understand Chris. All this "You didn't tell me that you didn't like another guy in the opposite football team" - wtf? I understand him getting fed up at not being let in but this seemed a ridiculous reaction.
      Is that Chris supposed to be a 'sympathetic' character? He's a whiney little sh*t. My advice to anyone facing that level of clinginess would be to run like hell in the opposite direction. :rolleyes:
      Forum Member
      wow, another boring episode..what the hell is wrong with neighbours this week..its aload of shit
    • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,732
      Forum Member
      Iphigenia wrote: »
      I thought the same thing. Do people really break up over something like this? It seemed like the sort of issue people would work through, not throw in the towel at the first hurdle. I guess it highlights Chris' immaturity. The issue with that other guy was so lame; it would have been better if Aidan had made a pass at him and got rejected, instead of: "I tried to help him on his first day, and he refused my help, so I hate him now" - now that's a WTF?! moment.

Also, Aidan is no Jade, and this whole Mr. Independent thing doesn't really fit his character, IMO.

And Ajay's reaction to his cheating client was also lame. Would have been better to lay into him, and continue representing him, instead of walking out. Who does that anyway?
      Is that Chris supposed to be a 'sympathetic' character? He's a whiney little sh*t. My advice to anyone facing that level of clinginess would be to run like hell in the opposite direction. :rolleyes:
      Chris is a sympathetic character, but he also has some major whiny moments. This is classic Chris. His whiny nature is his flaw, IMO.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Didnt Chris do the same sort of thing to Summer. all this passive agressive drama queen sulking.

Here the Aidan was being rational saying he would work at his said faults, but no Chris said, you will never change.. how insulting was that....as for the kiss at the end, Id f pushed him off and walked past him and that would be the last time I would speak to the big baby.

I hope Aiden coverts loads of other men in front of him so him bend his mates ears with hours of me me me me me he hurt me me me till they too get sick of his needdyness.

and breath ... lol I may or may not have had something similar said to me once.
    • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,324
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Aidan - Chris storyline sucked big time. Chris comes across like a super duper drama queen. I mean what a silly reason to ditch someone.

Shame Jade has gone for good. Her storyline with Kyle was great and it brought the best out in Kyle, now he is just a numpty.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Orangemaid wrote: »
      wow, another boring episode..what the hell is wrong with neighbours this week..its aload of shit

I can't disagree with you there. Callum phoning the super baby sitter Rani to help with a baby that wasn't crying or anything, as a mother I found these scenes very strange. No matter what mum's go through they don't leave their babies with an immature 13 year old who calls in a young girl who has apparently done these things loads of times :confused: and yes Chris is definitely coming over as very whiny
    • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      I enjoyed Callum's scheme to cheer Rani up. It was a nice thing to do.
    • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I used to love Chris but I'd rather ditch Chris and keep Aidan these days. Also I quite liked Callum's plan to cheer up Rani too, even if it did backfire a bit.

Ajay - I don't think I'll ever invest in this character
      Forum Member
      Chris was ridiculous dumping Aidan over that.

I mean had he cheated on him or knocked him about fair enough but cos he didn't get on with a work colleague and didn't tell him! That's not a genuine reason to dump someone!
    • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I agree with all the comments about Chris, they've completely ruined his character - why do they do things like this?

Love baby Nell, even if she does look about 9 months old. :)
      Forum Member
      And Ajay's reaction to his cheating client was also lame. Would have been better to lay into him, and continue representing him, instead of walking out. Who does that anyway?

I think Ajay over-reacted because he's just been cheated on himself and so is upset and emotional hence likely to fly off the handle and go OTT!
    • ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Deschanel wrote: »
      I thought the same thing. Do people really break up over something like this? It seemed like the sort of issue people would work through, not throw in the towel at the first hurdle. I guess it highlights Chris' immaturity. The issue with that other guy was so lame; it would have been better if Aidan had made a pass at him and got rejected, instead of: "I tried to help him on his first day, and he refused my help, so I hate him now" - now that's a WTF?! moment.

Lol so true! :D:D

God, that has got to be one of the most lamest excuses to hate someone. Tripping someone over just because they wouldn't accept their help - who writes this stuff?!?! Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised, he was wearing a Barcelona football shirt after all..
      Forum Member
      I think he tripped him cos Aidan was shoving in to him as well. But still!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Old Bloke wrote: »

I know, how come baby Patrick is a newborn but Nell is so much older? :rolleyes:
    • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
      Forum Member
      I know, how come baby Patrick is a newborn but Nell is so much older? :rolleyes:

um. maybe poor Patrick is failing to thrive because of his condition? or maybe they just weren't too good at casting babies.

Nell is still adorable, even though the "turning the grump's heart" bit was soooo schmaltzy.

I hope someone can tell me that Rani gets a big comeuppance soon. Yes, I do have a vendetta against her. No, I wouldn't have such a thing in real life:D
      Forum Member

:D I noticed today Nelly looks older , like 8 months old

not bad today as Rhys was in it....poor Rhys though :(
    • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      Orangemaid wrote: »
      :

not bad today as Rhys was in it....poor Rhys though :(

A seriously ill baby is pretty much the ultimate cock-blocker. He's got no chance.
    • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
      Forum Member
      Old Bloke wrote: »

lol I was thinking this
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Gulftastic wrote: »
      A seriously ill baby is pretty much the ultimate cock-blocker. He's got no chance.

:D I imagine Lucas will be hovering around in the background as the concerned father/ also waiting to make his move

As already mentioned the Callum and Rani stuff yesterday was lovely and that little peck Chris gave Aidan was just enough (despite being only the second time on screen they've ever kissed)

I can't wait to see what career Not Lawyer Ajay settles on!
    • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      smfan123 wrote: »
      :D I imagine Lucas will be hovering around in the background as the concerned father/ also waiting to make his move

As already mentioned the Callum and Rani stuff yesterday was lovely and that little peck Chris gave Aidan was just enough (despite being only the second time on screen they've ever kissed)

I can't wait to see what career Not Lawyer Ajay settles on!

WHat a pity he missed his chance to be on Charlie's bar staff
    This discussion has been closed.