This Gens biggest games...that you never got what the fuss was about

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Never solely rely on the auto save. In the Fallout games (Actually most games IMHO) its best to have a number of manual saves so you can back travel should something like the above happen (Or you just don't like a decision you made).

Also the Fallout games along with Skyrim run better with Auto Save turned off. And yeah from a technically level these games are awful, people complained a lot about Skyrims issues but they are nothing compared to the Fallout series which with the third games ironed out most of the issues through patches and then introduced a load more issues with the GOTY edition.

They are good games though if you can look past all the issues.

i was over the top in my rant luckily i had a manual save that was only 2/3 quests and a few hours back

I agree as well with skyrim's issues being nothing compared to the fallout games, in fact i never has a single problem with Skyrim in technical terms

I was thinking about the ending to fallout 3 (i know 5 years late to the party) and its a broken mess that makes no sense, that for me completely ruined the experience and has effect my desire to get the platinum, that and the fact i've having much more fun on borderlands
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I was thinking about the ending to fallout 3 (i know 5 years late to the party) and its a broken mess that makes no sense, that for me completely ruined the experience and has effect my desire to get the platinum, that and the fact i've having much more fun on borderlands

How does it make no sense?
    The story was all about post nuclear fallout and trying the turn that world back into a green paradise, which is what they managed at the end?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Hmm Skyrim - can't get the excitement

Bioshock games, good but not best, clever but can be repetative. (Played all 3)

Fave is BI for Move controls
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    How does it make no sense?
    The story was all about post nuclear fallout and trying the turn that world back into a green paradise, which is what they managed at the end?
    A few missions before the end you meet a super mutant named Fawkes, his sole reason for existing is because he can get you the GECK from the extremely radiated area (if you choose to do the mission that way)

Yet when it comes to the ending will he go in the room and enter the code so nobody has to die, nope he won't, can you send in a robot companion to enter the code because well its a robot, nope you can't

When you consider why not you realize how poorly the ending was written, sure you use project purity and the day is saved but why couldn't it of been saved without a death

That is why i think the ending is broken
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a reasonable point actually. I seem to remember (way back when I played it) that I thought the same. Quite obviously it was used as a plot mechanic;
    he had to die as they couldn't allow you to play on now that the wasteland was gone... otherwise they'd have had to do a "walk off into the sunset" thing which wouldn't have worked as well with telling you to go back one save.

Fawkes was awesome wasn't he!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a reasonable point actually. I seem to remember (way back when I played it) that I thought the same. Quite obviously it was used as a plot mechanic;
    he had to die as they couldn't allow you to play on now that the wasteland was gone... otherwise they'd have had to do a "walk off into the sunset" thing which wouldn't have worked as well with telling you to go back one save.

I'd of actually preferred an ending where
    everyone survived and the voice over said 'you may have saved the wastes but change won't happen over night, continue to explore and find new people to help/hinder

that way you could do the side missions after the game is over
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assassins Creed.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assassins Creed.

this +1
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bioshock. I just played it for the first time recently, and i just could not get into it.

Assassins Creed. I thought this looked gorgeous, and i got very excited, but an hour later i had to face facts, it's a pain in the arse, and i can't quite put my finger on why.
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    Skyrim - Wow, than was some boring shit.
    L.A Noire - My goodness, what a disappointment.
    All first person shooters - Absolute crap. Every single one.

To be honest, as much as I adore my PS3 and have a fair few games, the only games which have really hooked me have been PES and Uncharted. I'm very much looking forward though to Castle of Illusion HD. I hope World of Illusion and Quackshot get the same HD treatment.

I wish there were more fun games rather than overproduced dystopian garbage we see constantly. I'll get a PS4 but if they want me to buy games they'll have to do a lot better thank this gen.
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never been so disappointed with a game as I was by "The Last of Us". What a load of old tut.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I never got the fuss over any of the Oblivion games, I can understand why people may like them so much but I just don't enjoy them.

None of the Mario games, GTA 4, Forza, Fable, Halo.
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    I enjoy Mario Kart and the traditional mario platformers.

Mario Galaxy though was just awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member

In the DLC he wakes up
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bioshock........Have played about 30 mins, and seriously can't get into it...... (May well persevere)

Same with Mass Effect, I should love these as I loved KOTOR, yet I have yet to buy them)

Fallout (was so bored straight away tried, and fell out with it)

might come back to it.......

online during any FPS..........getting shot dead a 100 times by some chap who has spent every waking hour on the same level, until he has nuclear capabilities, just IS NOT fun

(lately in Halo 4, I got killed in my 1st ever Halo online experience, by someone, 1 second into the game, I was in a closed room and killed from afar)

How is that fun?
    :confused:

Pro Evo and Fifa - Love my football, loved the original ISS (happy smiley faces) and Pro Evo's on N64 and Playstation, but ever since PS2, I just cant stand them
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the DLC he wakes up

this^ if you have Broken steel
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COD games can't understand the interest
    GTA IV played part of it got bored
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So just an update to why i started this thread DS have now 3 games of the generation, none of which are games of the generation

Skyrim
    Alpha Protocol
    Bayonetta (or as i know it DMC3 with a female skin)

Are these really the games well look back on in ten years are go wow what a generation of games, will these really be in the memory as long as a sonic, a mario or a final fantasy?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assassins Creed 1 - A game I really wanted to get when I saw it released. Don't know why I didn't. Only got the 2nd one when it was free on Xbox live just recently, and I'm very glad I got to play it. Very interesting game.

FIFA & PES- Used to be in to football games, but they got a bit too fiddly for me at some point.
    Every year someone tries to get me to buy the latest one. It'd take me a year to get into it and used to it, and by then everyone would be on to the next game.

All the recent Batman- Arkham games. I played the demos and seemed 'ok',even though everyone else was raving about them.

Bioshock - Again, looked amazing and wanted it bad. Played the demo and it was alright, just never got round to playing the full game for some reason. Probably something I'll never go back to now.

Although I have just spotted Batman Arkham City Game Of The Year for just £10 on amazon ( link ) I'd be mad not to have a go at it, being that cheap plus all the DLC.
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never taken to the Call of Duty games played a bit of COD3 gave up and not touched the series since.

I also don't appreciate buying new copies of FIFA, PGA, F1 and other sport games every single year when the gameplay stays pretty much the same. Then again not really being in to watching sports, I don't follow all the team changes, etc that go on each year.

Another type of game I've just thought of: MMOs. A friend has really got into these in a big way and they must spend a fortune in subscription fees each month for all the MMORPGs they have. They've tried to get me playing World of Warcraft by buying me a copy of the game and a few months subscription time. I've tried to get interested in for them but just can't. Yes it's an ok game but its too vast trying to find missions and things is boring. My friend spends hours and hours playing it every week even streaming it live on Twitch. Trouble is as they actually bought me the game, I feel guilty not renewing my subscription time.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave up GTA4 after about 4 hours of not doing very much. I think having to take my 'date' bowling was the last straw.

Opinions on other GTA games:

GTA 3 - Very good.
    Vice City - One of my favourite games of all time
    San Andreas - Boring as hell.

I detested GTA 4. Vice City is still one of my favourite games of all time.