Options

Castle Season 6 US Pace

Comments

• Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there a US pace episode last night? It doesn't seem to be on the rounds.

Yes episode 2 Dreamworld aired in the US Monday 10/9 central as they term it. Downloaded and watched by 0800 UK time by H77

H77 has his faith in iTunes restored.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Yes episode 2 Dreamworld aired in the US Monday 10/9 central as they term it. Downloaded and watched by 0800 UK time by H77

H77 has his faith in iTunes restored.

Oh cheers now I know it is out there, I've found it.
    :rolleyes: Looks like I could have seen it yesterday at Canadian pace. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 3, Need To Know, downloaded and ready to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link for episode 4 sneak peak http://youtu.be/HMmuk4rBYVw
  • Options
    Cuty PieCuty Pie Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Series 6 starts on Alibi in UK on Thursday 9th January at 9.00, three months earlier than previous years when we have had to wait until late March.

Thoughts on the series so far:
    It started out really well with the Washington story but to kill it off in episode 3 was a disappointment, although it would have been difficult to keep both the NY and Washington casts involved, so understandable from that point of view.

The romance side of things is nice but has not allowed to intrude too much, however I do think the show as a whole has lost something compared with series 1 - 3. There is very little of the sexual inuendo and clever dialogue, finishing each others sentences etc, that there was in earlier series. The whole thing seems a bit heavier and Stana certainly does not have the light, happy approach that she had earlier, but she is still far and away the best actor in the show though.
    Cleverest scene so far must surely have been the nappy changing sequence in 610 but I could do without all the baby stuff, we've got Jenny Ryan giving birth in 611 as well. I understand that a lot of fans like this sort of thing, but I could do with concentrating on the adults.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuty Pie wrote: »
    Series 6 starts on Alibi in UK on Thursday 9th January at 9.00, three months earlier than previous years when we have had to wait until late March.

It started out really well with the Washington story but to kill it off in episode 3 was a disappointment, although it would have been difficult to keep both the NY and Washington casts involved, so understandable from that point of view.

The romance side of things is nice but has not allowed to intrude too much, however I do think the show as a whole has lost something compared with series 1 - 3. There is very little of the sexual inuendo and clever dialogue, finishing each others sentences etc, that there was in earlier series. The whole thing seems a bit heavier and Stana certainly does not have the light, happy approach that she had earlier, but she is still far and away the best actor in the show though.
    Cleverest scene so far must surely have been the nappy changing sequence in 610 but I could do without all the baby stuff, we've got Jenny Ryan giving birth in 611 as well. I understand that a lot of fans like this sort of thing, but I could do with concentrating on the adults.

Why the need for spoilers? This is the US pace thread. I feared I was the only person watching Castle season 6 in the UK.

Sorry I am just so desperate to discuss season 6 on line but as it seemed I had basically hijacked this thread I thought I had better keep schtum till January.

Unless otherwise told not too I will post a reply to any comments on this thread, only not in spoilers. I'll give it 24 hours before I start blowing it for everyone, but to anyone who wants to wait please remember this is US PACE, not UK pace or gawd forbid Channel 5 pace.

Real spoiler for channel 5 viewers
    Captain Montgomery dies at the end of season 3:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuty Pie wrote: »

OK, warning made and time limit expired.

Washington story line was handled badly, seems as if it was a clumsy plot device to ramp the season 5 finale. And when the writers made up their mind they didn't know what to do with the DC storyline and so they dropped it ASAP.

I agree Stana is the outstanding actor this season, Nathan seems to be 'faxing' in his performance, he almost degenerated to the weaker half of the pair. The show is called Castle by the way. The show should be getting heavier, it gas been going 5 years now. Though it is not as dark as it could get, Channel 5 pace and split for Christmas has illustrated to me that there is a very light and dark side available to this show. Look at where the story has got in series 3 on 5, light and frothy cases with just the right amount tension for the pair of them. The next episode on 5 is Knockdown. Now that is when series 3 does get dark. Heck the baby story line was just a device to get a Caskett baby in this series and let the couple discuss their future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look I get it no one wants talk about it, but heck Castle returned to the US last night with a stunning episode. Long wait for UK viewers, but episode 11. Under Fire is one to look forward too.
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it was a great episode from start to finish. It had it all.:cry: ;-) :o
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, great episode. It is hard for writers to put major characters into danger when you know that they will never be killed off, especially in a mid-season episode, but this was incredibly well done.
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the only times watching Castle I've actually shed tears.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member

I cried too and I really did think one of them might die
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I was forewarned by twitter feed from US live showing, so I had a fresh box of tissues ready. Purely for my sister of course.

Congrats Castle winning best drama tv thingy at the PCA awards............. AGAIN

Oh and Becket won as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I know, but it has just been announced the next scheduled episode in the US has been delayed till the week after. So is there a new episode next week or what?

H77 still new to following programmes at US pace
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    By the stars! I love Castle.

The one thing i miss though, in these later seasons is how in the earlier seasons Richard Castle would usually go back and have some daughter/mother time. The last episode "Limelight" we saw a lot of Alexis but i miss that daughter/mother time Castle used to have.

Great season so far. Enjoyed the Ryan/Espo bonding episode, and him naming the baby after Espo, "how are you going to name a white irish baby Javier" Hah.

Enjoyed seeing Alexis get a decent feature... was afraid maybe she was being written out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finishing up the latest episode, i'm far from an expert on fashion but Beckett's wedding dress didn't look good to me at all compared to other wedding dresses i've seen. :o

Anyone who knows fashion well, is that considered a great looking/elegant dress?

http://popstyle.ew.com/2014/02/03/castle-beckett-wedding-dress-poll/

If i was marrying her, i guess i'd have to lie and act like that dress looked good to me, i think Stana Katic/Beckett is beautiful but that dress is painful for me to look at. Feel bad because it shouldn't even matter but it's difficult not to notice as it's distracting. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awwwwwwwww. Castle and Beckett found their song. Cute. Very romantic. :blush:

Their song is... Andrew Belle - In My Veins.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0KZuZF01FA

Which was also at the end of the season 4 finale, which is a really cool sentiment.

Enjoyable episode, always like when there's a case where Beckett/Castle fall on separate sides of faith/science (and then Ryan/Espo usually takes sides also)... Castle is like a little kid and Beckett remains in her scientific mindset but there's always a few moments she almost believes but then steps back. Haha.

Was cool how it played out, it starts off as kind of believable but then as it unfolds science wins out, or does it? hehe.

Was weird hearing Castle called "Mister Rogers", is that the first time it was brought up that Castle wasn't his real name? I can't recall. Castle is just so... Castle, can't imagine him being called anything else.

Alexis is always missed when she doesn't appear. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finishing up the latest episode, i'm far from an expert on fashion but Beckett's wedding dress didn't look good to me at all compared to other wedding dresses i've seen. :o

Anyone who knows fashion well, is that considered a great looking/elegant dress?

http://popstyle.ew.com/2014/02/03/castle-beckett-wedding-dress-poll/

If i was marrying her, i guess i'd have to lie and act like that dress looked good to me, i think Stana Katic/Beckett is beautiful but that dress is painful for me to look at. Feel bad because it shouldn't even matter but it's difficult not to notice as it's distracting. :blush:

Check the US fan sites, the dress is being refferred to as 'the new Pi' cos he really did split opinions as does 'the dress'. There was a poll 75% did not like it.

Did find one thing amusing as well when Matlida King was speaking to the new owner she said it wasn't all about likes on Facebook or tweets. Which is kind of ironic as ABC and Castle crew make a big thing about how Castle 'trends' on twitter during broadcasts.

As mentIoned elsewhere, is Castle getting a bit OTT, so far we have had, time travel, impossibly large man made diamonds and now telekinesis. Running sort of plot ideas I wonder.

Must admit, when their song was revealed thought the producers were giving the fans a treat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't really care that much about the cases, i don't expect it to be on the level of a CSI/Criminal Minds in that area, in having the criminal science mastered and all of that, it's all about the characters for me. I'll follow these characters as long as the journey lasts.

It's not the typical crime series which i like about it, i don't mind if there's some time travel, or big foot, or telekinesis or lighthearted themes, that plays into Castle's strengths and what he represents and also sort of represents Castle/Beckett in the science/faith dynamic [the cases are the background to the characters in this instance]... it's basically a comedy first and foremost after all. Romantic comedy as seen within the tone. (with drama added in).

Yeah, i definitely see why so many dislike that dress... wonder if it's going to be changed after seeing how many don't like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG. Just seen the Canadian trailer for in the belly of the beast....

Seems to be pretty tense for NEXT weeks US episode
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexis is always missed when she doesn't appear

When she doesn't appear I hope she is off at the gym or doing something to burn of those excess pounds. Don't get me wrong, I like Molly Quinn and think she is great as Alexis, but for some time now she has been looking a bit on the chubby side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just more of her to love is all.

Yeah, she's gained a bit of weight but she's still the awesome person she was before she gained the weight, adding weight shouldn't change that.

I hope that's not the reason she's getting less air time (as that would be silly), i miss so much when Castle would have his daughter/mother time and would gain inspiration from their talks and the antics they would get into together.

Also need more of the captain, she's fantastic... i liked the first captain and was quite sad when he died but this new captain is even better.

That's the negatives i have for this season so far... lack of Alexis, the mother and the captain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Molly Quinn has had her teenage years on Castle. She should be fuller figured, fuller faced than even twelve months ago.

Heck if she was still the same as even two years ago people would star screaming about eating disorders and the stresses of a teenager on such a show as Castle.

Mind you if twitter and the leaks from the US are to go by In the Belly of the Beast worrying about actors weight is nothing, hint get a box of a Tissues ready.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the Belly of the Beast has trailed in the states as some sort of seminal moment in tv history, well its good and maybe a box of tissues might be required for some, and yes Stana does give a pretty good performance. But having watched it, well I think we can work out where the series extended cliff hanger is going to come from, see series 4 and 5 latter episodes.

This episode did not rely on Caskett cuteness to sustain it. Definitely darker than the rest of this whole season, and rather good for it. But again the way social media in the States has been building it up for over a week I have to be honest and say could do better.

Probably my fault then, having got caught up in the 'media hype' about one episode in a tv series.

Just something I had to get off my chest.

And now I have just found out that the episode was a season low...... Oops
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^^Good thing I don't bother with social media hype then....

I found this a great episode and she played the water torture scenes well, surely now Beckett will go out to get the senator before he can become President?....