Options

The Saturdays - Living For The Weekend (album previews inside)

Comments

• Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    If I was The Saturdays/their management/their label, I would've released:

1. What About Us
    2. Not Giving Up
    - Summer Album Release -
    3. Lease My Love
    4. Problem With Love
    5. Gentleman
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Not Giving Up who sings "You're under my skin just stay there".... ??

Is it Mollie? If so she sounds amazing there!, so cute haha :p

Not buying the full album as I just like NGU and SEL so will just cherry pick those two :)
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    In Not Giving Up who sings "You're under my skin just stay there".... ??

Is it Mollie? If so she sounds amazing there!, so cute haha :p

Not buying the full album as I just like NGU and SEL so will just cherry pick those two :)

Yep:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Leave A Light On and Anywhere With You are my faves

I get why everyone thinks they should release Not Giving Up, but then no doubt the DS Forums will go mad saying they're being "unoriginal" or "trying to repeat AFU success"
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my copy yesterday in the mail, have taken a day to let the album settle after numerous listens! I'm still unsure what to think of the overall record, it's a bit patchy at times, the tracks Not Giving Up, Anywhere With You, Somebody Else's Life are outstanding fun tracks, would make good singles for sure, I also think the singles released have been good choices, especially Gentlemen despite it's overall underperformance, it really is a classy slice of pop heaven, What About Us is a great opener and definatly my no1 track of the year so far. The inclusion of 30 days is a good one as it has that signature Saturdays sound so fits right in on the album alongside the other crackers. Lease My Love I just find a little too repetitive, Leave A Light On is a nice little number, but a tad forgettable. It's a decent album but lacks the rush displayed on their previous lp On Your Radar.
  • Options
    matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope The Saturdays team see the love people have for Not Giving Up and release it! It would be a totally shame If they don't!
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ally_Bowie wrote: »
    Got my copy yesterday in the mail, have taken a day to let the album settle after numerous listens! I'm still unsure what to think of the overall record, it's a bit patchy at times, the tracks Not Giving Up, Anywhere With You, Somebody Else's Life are outstanding fun tracks, would make good singles for sure, I also think the singles released have been good choices, especially Gentlemen despite it's overall underperformance, it really is a classy slice of pop heaven, What About Us is a great opener and definatly my no1 track of the year so far. The inclusion of 30 days is a good one as it has that signature Saturdays sound so fits right in on the album alongside the other crackers. Lease My Love I just find a little too repetitive, Leave A Light On is a nice little number, but a tad forgettable. It's a decent album but lacks the rush displayed on their previous lp On Your Radar.

Thanks for this :)

Does anybody know where I can buy the Deluxe version as a physical copy? I would love it in my hands!
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping I'd like the new album as I'd like to like The Saturdays more than I do! Having listened to it I just find it incredibly monotonous and generic sounding though. Apart from the excellent 30 Days and Gentleman, which I already loved, the only other song I really like is Leave A Light On. You Don't Have The Right is an "ok" ballad I guess but nothing spectacular. The rest of the songs were just in one ear and out the other for me, they all seemed to merge into one bland mess. I don't get the obsession people have with Not Giving Up either. What's so great about it?! To me it sounds like a million other bland pop dance songs and that awful overused sound for the backing music I'm so sick of, it sounds so dated now, imo.

I just wish I could hear something a bit less formulaic and generic from The Saturdays. Gentleman is such a catchy, fun song, and I was hoping for more songs as top notch and quirky as that one on the album, or catchy songs with brilliant strong melodies as 30 Days, but it's not to be! Lol. Ah well. I'll look forward to other album releases later this year that hopefully will appeal to me more. :D

Up is still one of my favourite pop songs ever though, not just by the Saturdays but by any group. I wish they'd released more songs of the same top quality.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like the tracks from The Jam (except for Leave A Light On maybe). They sound so dated and badly produced. I don't like Somebody Else's Life or You Don't Have The Right either. And Disco Love and Gentleman get on my nerves now, even though I loved them at first.

The only tracks I'm loving from this album are Lease My Love, 30 Days and What About Us. Not Giving Up is pretty good, but it's no White Lies or All Fired Up. And Wildfire is obviously amazing, but I'm not counting that as an album track. It should have been on the album though, along with Turn Myself In.

I've only listened to the album twice so hopefully it will grow on me. But at the moment I'd say it's neck and neck with Wordshaker as their worst album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #1 Zimbabwe
    #7 Mozambique
    #13 United Kingdom
    #28 United Arab Emirates
    #34 Philippines
    #36 Estonia
    #36 Ireland
    #37 United Kingdom
    #46 Denmark
    #46 Malta
    #51 Brazil
    #62 Portugal
    #72 Turkey
    #88 Spain
    #92 Slovenia
    #108 Panama
    #115 Ireland
    #115 Norway
    #187 Hungary
    #231 Ecuador
    #241 Armenia

iTunes positions so far.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm waiting for the CD to arrive but I've just downloaded the audio rip MP3 from amazon (you get this free if you buy the physical CD. It's a great idea in my opinion. It saves you waiting for the CD to arrive). I've only just started listening to it (Disco Love at the moment) but I'm looking forward to hearing the other tracks.

The Amazon Cloud player have given me the deluxe edition even though I'm sure that I only ordered the standard, meaning that I get "Wildfire" too. Not fussed with remixes but I'll happily take the extra track.

:)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I quite like Gentleman but would prefer it without the name-dropping in the middle. That part lets the song down, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doing quite well on iTunes at #9 so far... Does anyone know where On Your Radar peaked on iTunes? Hoping the album goes at least top 15, it's a good record, not sure if it's better than the last one though.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's number 9 on iTunes that means it will most likely miss the top 10 this weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's at #9 and #27.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Who's the rapper rapping on Anywhere With You?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    bought my copy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's the rapper rapping on Anywhere With You?

I've been wondering this myself....

Regardless of whether it misses the top 10, as long as it peaks higher than bloody number 23 (On Your Radar's position) then I will consider it a success:p
    I think even their label now realise that the group are more single sellers than album sellers hence why we've already had four singles off this album.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt the label will care if the album makes the top 10 or not. What they will be concerned about are the sales. With album sales so low at the moment, the album could make the top 10 and still sell the same as On Your Radar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rapper on Anywhere With You is Mollie's boyfriend. He also produced it as well as Don't Let Me Dance Alone, You Don't Have The Right, Problem With Love, Leave A Light On and Somebody Else's Life.

They recorded tracks with DJ Fresh and tons of other producers yet because of Mollie's boyfriend they've included all the tracks by The Jam (who is Mollie's boyfriend plus some other guy). Ugh. They also done 'Here Standing' from Wordshaker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    The rapper on Anywhere With You is Mollie's boyfriend. He also produced it as well as Don't Let Me Dance Alone, You Don't Have The Right, Problem With Love, Leave A Light On and Somebody Else's Life.

They recorded tracks with DJ Fresh and tons of other producers yet because of Mollie's boyfriend they've included all the tracks by The Jam (who is Mollie's boyfriend plus some other guy). Ugh. They also done 'Here Standing' from Wordshaker.

Wow, I had no idea that guy was a rapper, he sure doesn't look like one! His name is Jordan I think, he was at their google hangout thingy last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Wow, I had no idea that guy was a rapper, he sure doesn't look like one! His name is Jordan I think, he was at their google hangout thingy last week.

Yep. That's him.

It sucks because when the girls were asked about their favourite songs from the album they all said tracks by The Jam. :rolleyes: As if! And it's funny how out all of the songs they've recorded in the last year and a half, six songs by Mollie's boyfriend is on the album. The Jam are quite shit, tbh. Here Standing ripped off No Air and Leave A Light On rips off Coming Home (P.Diddy). Plus Somebody Else's Life, Don't Let Me Dance Alone and Problem With Love are shit.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

Oh right. What's his name? I'm surprised he wasn't credited as featuring on the song. Did they include any of the DJ Fresh tracks as well as the ones they recorded with others?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like most of the album but my two main faves atm are not giving up & don`t let me dance alone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh right. What's his name? I'm surprised he wasn't credited as featuring on the song. Did they include any of the DJ Fresh tracks as well as the ones they recorded with others?

Jordan Omley.