apple bricked my ipod touch

andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
Forum Member
ok so I got an ipod touch today and I loaded it up in itunes and it said theres a new update for ipod, so I click update, update downloads and during update I get the following http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1296/errorjc2.jpg

I have rebooted and itunes said my ipod is in recovery mode and click restore, so I did and I still get the above....... APPLE HAS BRICKED MY IPOD GO APPLE!!!

oh I'm running vista home premium and itunes 7.3.4

Comments

• Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andybno1 wrote: »
    oh I'm running vista home premium and itunes 7.3.4
    I'm assuming that it's actually iTunes 7.4.3? That was the latest update to update compatability with the Touch.
    Sorry to hear that such an unfortunate thing has happened, does the iPod appear in Windows Explorer as a removable drive?
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    sorry yeah 7.4.3.1, nope not even showing in explorer I thinks I'm having to go back to currys in the morning it may seem
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah would appear you will have to. Oh well at least it happened whilst it's still under guarantee.
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    well courtesy of my mums laptop I've managed to get my iPod working and posting success via my iPod, had similar problems today but managed to restore my iPod again no problems