Jackie Avancho: Live or Mime

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 752
Forum Member
✭✭
I didn't think she was miming at the time, but it does seem to be a high opinion here so - Live or Mime?

Jackie Avancho: Live or Mime 78 votes

Live
61% 48 votes
Mime
38% 30 votes

Comments

• vodkamargarinevodkamargarine Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mime! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My immediate thought was that she was miming.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a beautiful voice but I did think she was miming tonight.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she was miming!
  • mrs schumachermrs schumacher Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    was my first reaction too - also straight away said that wasn't her voice; so unnatural.....
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Live I reckon. Hopefully Stephen will clarify on BGMT as people will be asking ITV on Twitter.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she was resting her voice on doctors orders so they used her own recording from the CD?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I thought at the start she might of be mining, it's amazing that a voice that strong and powerful came from a child like her, i would like to think she really did sing it
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Maybe she was resting her voice on doctors orders so they used her own recording from the CD?

Either way it was HER voice and she is truly amazing. It doesnt matter if she was miming. If she was, then it was bloody spot on miming.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh FGS, this has been done to death when she appeared on AGT.

It's quite depressing that we've come to the point where we don't believe someone could actually have talent.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live ---- People thought charlotte church was miming when she first appeared at about 12 but she wasn't

Just because it's unusual doesn't mean it's fake :)
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still a brat whichever way :D
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely miming tonight, but she has a beautiful voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    It's quite depressing that we've come to the point where we don't believe someone could actually have talent.

This. And considering half of the global stars on the show mime, if an 11 year old girl did it live then that's really impressive indeed.
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is brilliant .makes jai look like amateur
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Should check her birth certificate. She sounds at least 30..maybe she's a dwarf!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the backing track she was miming to is her actual voice then she has a staggeringly good voice for such a young girl, but she was absolutely 100% miming.

Compare how she sounded to Ms. Shirtswinger on the results show - she was singing live. The simplest way to tell is by watching the mouth as the person sings. You could see the little girl's mouth wasn't quite matching up to the backing track.