--Resurrection(US pace)Season 1--

Comments

• Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Yes it's ask a straight question and get an Oooooooo errrrrrrrr ummmmm (something that doesn't make sense)

How much do they know? - We don't know!

Will Daddy come back? So what if he does. So what if he doesn't!

Seems that sperm survives the trip as well!

All this and much much less won't be answered any time soon.

Oh and how is Mr FBI getting all this time off work? Doesn't his office want to know what he is up to all this time?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that's another week of nothing really happening. rolleyes

And now we get the local yokels doing their torches and pitch forks routine.

Why do US dramas insist on having the 'thick red neck' type who just hits out because they don't understand what is going on? It is lazy writing.

Such a waste of a great premise.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's another week of nothing really happening. rolleyes

And now we get the local yokels doing their torches and pitch forks routine.

Why do US dramas insist on having the 'thick red neck' type who just hits out because they don't understand what is going on? It is lazy writing.

Such a waste of a great premise.

Agreed. Those guys must have known that Caleb was a criminal type and so it should be no surprise that he hadn't changed when he returned. So, why they think a pregnant woman and a child are going to be as bad, is a mystery. Also, it seems to be dragging a bit with regards to the returns, as I'd have expected more to have turned up by now.
    Forum Member
    Pitchforks and burning torches have been going since Frankenstein. (And probable before) It just wastes time on 'Ooooo they are in danger. Will they survive and escape.' instead of what the bloody hell is going on with the main plot.

Kill the boy and the pregnant woman for all I care, just get on with WHY they are coming back and the implications of that. They have put themselves in the situation of not being able to explain it or else it's all over or boring the tits off us waiting for them to do just that.

Why didn't they just make a one off 6 parter with a beginning, a middle and an end?

Still, I'll keep with it as it's not my main source of entertainment just a sideline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to like it... but... its sooooooo boring.
    painful to watch
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting bored of this show not delivering. I know its a drama but they're all so wrapped up in the past and treating the returned so unfairly.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, it seems to be dragging a bit with regards to the returns, as I'd have expected more to have turned up by now.

Have to agree with you on the "returnees" as there should have been more by now.

As for taking the kid to church in the last episode, would anyone be that stupid?. FGS, here we have a kid back from the dead, they know the town (at least a mouthy minority) is unhappy about it, and what does the silly mare do, yep that's right, wave the kid in their faces......:o
    Forum Member
    They will add a new returnee every so often to drag the story on and on and on. Just when they run out of ideas for the other ones and are in danger of having to address the main plot, up will pop a new one and off we go with their story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will add a new returnee every so often to drag the story on and on and on. Just when they run out of idea for the other ones and are in danger of having to address the main plot, up will pop a new one and off we go with their story.

Yes that's what I'm afraid will happen.

I don't want to give up on the show but if we get 2 more returnees and they focus on their personal stuff and not the main plot, then I'll be out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I wonder when they're finally going to show us the Sheriff's wife, we all know she's back.
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Well that was quite an episode, it's the first time I've been left wishing I didn't have to wait a week for the next one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that was quite an episode, it's the first time I've been left wishing I didn't have to wait a week for the next one.

Yes a much better episode and this time we get returnees from further back in time, about 1940s - 1960s I'd say.

And a returnee come back twice.

Hopefully things will be speeding up now.
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Will Rachel remember her first return or will it be like a reset button? As far as I can remember she was wearing the same dress as for her first return which makes me suspect the latter. I might be overthinking it though!
    Forum Member
    Well they iz all crawling out of the woodwork now! :D

You can't kill them (Well, not for long anyway)
    And their blood has super-healing properties.

How can they keep all this lot quiet from the rest of the world? Too many bodies to err ummm not bury now.

FBI agent's office still hasn't phoned up asking where the hell he is. :D

It's the last one next week is it not?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It's the last one next week is it not?

I hope not. They strung us along all this time only to reveal the most interesting bit right at the end of the season. :(

And such a short season if only 8 episodes.

All this should have happened in episode 3 or 4.
    Forum Member
    I hope not. They strung us along all this time only to reveal the most interesting bit right at the end of the season. :(

And such a short season if only 8 episodes.

All this should have happened in episode 3 or 4.

Well Wikki says there are only 8 episode and this week was number 7.

Episode 8: 4th May. (US airtime)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_(U.S._TV_series)

I don't think they will give much away as they want a second series and they have so much to get through with Rachel not dying, super blood and all the newbies. Maybe just enough time for a OMG! cliff-hanger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well Wikki says there are only 8 episode and this week was number 7.

Episode 8: 4th May. (US airtime)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_(U.S._TV_series)

I don't think they will give much away as they want a second series and they have so much to get through with Rachel not dying, super blood and all the newbies. Maybe just enough time for a OMG! cliff-hanger.

I'm sure you are right, but if I had known I would have just watched the first episode and the last two, as the other five episodes just felt like filler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all spoke to soon about a returnee a week. :p Anyway, at least it looks like it's moving along now. Looking forward to see how they're going to end the season.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    ......, yep that's right, wave the kid in their faces......:o

Sometimes it's not a good idea to read late at night, as I read that as feces :blush:

Would have made an interesting but random scene though.
    Forum Member
    Sometimes it's not a good idea to read late at night, as I read that as feces :blush:

Would have made an interesting but random scene though.

Wave the kid in their feces?

Yes I'm all for this style of parenting myself. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I can't believe there are only 8 episodes this season?

While this episode moved the story on there was still too much 'human' drama rather than the mystery.

We had to put up with the 'mad Sheriff playing up, and now the army getting in on the act with their 'protocols' and treating everyone like the plague.

But still nothing about what is actually happening, and if this is the end of the season then it is just a tease. Most of this could have happened in half the episodes.

I feel like they've done another 'Under The Dome' and strung things out just to give us a season cliff hanger.

Why are TV show producers so afraid to give the story away early on?

Keeping us waiting with filler is just cheap.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw the army come in I was thinking of the last AVP film when they just dropped a bomb on the town. I was expecting the returnees to be herded into a shed and set alight. One person on the TV ratings site wrote about the Posse Comitatus Act. This prevented Federal troops coming into States after the American Civil War. Not sure where they are going with this show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I really can't believe this is just 8 episodes and typical they had to leave it as that! Does anyone think it's something to do with the water in the lake? I don't know both jacob and maggie's mum drowned, rachel drove her car over the cliff (assuming it landed in lake maybe) and bellamy's returned family all drowned as well.

Hmm anyway hope this gets renewed was getting intriguing.
    Forum Member
    hunni2nice wrote: »
    I really can't believe this is just 8 episodes and typical they had to leave it as that! Does anyone think it's something to do with the water in the lake? I don't know both jacob and maggie's mum drowned, rachel drove her car over the cliff (assuming it landed in lake maybe) and bellamy's returned family all drowned as well.

Hmm anyway hope this gets renewed was getting intriguing.

And what about the insects? What was that all about? ? ? ?

Oh Well, Under The Dome Season 2 starts in June I believe. Find out what Hank got up to after Jack shot him dead. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    And what about the insects? What was that all about? ? ? ?

Oh Well, Under The Dome Season 2 starts in June I believe. Find out what Hank got up to after Jack shot him dead. :D

Lol yes i'm excited about under the dome 2!