Options

Who's your fave companion?

SparkleToniSparkleToni Posts: 77
Forum Member
The title, just wondered whos ur fave or your faves in order. Either Rose, Martha, Donna, Amy or Clara? or others etc

I cant choose whos my fave, they're all good and enjoyable to watch.

In order my faves - Amy & Martha, Rose, Clara & Donna but i like them all. I love Captain Jack aswell x

Comments

• Options
    joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martha
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to like the current companion most. I'm always really sad when I hear they're leaving and am sure I won't like the new one. Then after an episode or two I find I really like them.

If I absolutely had to pick. I'd go Donna.
  • Options
    Philip_LambPhilip_Lamb Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I think Martha got a raw deal. I'd have liked her to have got a second year, could have done with less of her mum though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Martha

2. Clara
    3. Rory

4. Donna
    5. Rose

6. Amy

7. Jack
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I like them all but perhaps Amy.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Rose.

Felt like an equal more than any other companion to me. you have one end of the spectrum with donna basically acknowledging she knows nothing and letting the doctor lead her(although she had her good points too), then the other end of the spectrum with the 'being shouty and bossy towards the doctor makes me look and feel important' types such as Amy and Clara, but for me, rose was the only one of the new series companions who just believably wanted to be his equal, which by the end of her time she was.

You only have to look at the scene in the impossible planet where the doctor says 'might be dangerous, we should leave' then they both simultaneously burst into laughter because she now is so in tune with him and thinking like him. Then in army of ghosts we see that she is beginning to learn the some of the TARDIS controls. she had no agenda, other than just to be his friend and be part of his world. No other new series companion has had what felt like such an equal partnership as the relationship between the doctor and rose, in my opinion at least.

Oh and also, quite importantly for me she appreciated the opportunity to travel with the doctor and understood just how special it was. Not taking it for granted, or as something mundane that could just be picked up and put back down like amy and clara. Donna appreciated it too in that way, but I just felt it more with rose somehow.
  • Options
    donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martha,she was a real breath of fresh air after all the Rose/Doctor lovey dovey stuff
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna Noble, for sure! Most of series 4 in 2008, was a breath of fresh air, compared to the dirgfulness of Martha the previous year! The only episode of series 4 i didn't like as much was Turn Left. I don't like Doctor-lite episodes much at all.

I would say Sarah Jane Smith is my second favourite companion, followed by Nyssa of Traken.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C21 - Donna.
    C20 - Probably go for Tegan. Ian, Barbara, Jamie, Liz Shaw and Romana right up there though.
  • Options
    chattswhochattswho Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    donovan5 wrote: »
    Martha,she was a real breath of fresh air after all the Rose/Doctor lovey dovey stuff

Agree! But i liked amy also.

1) amy/martha
    3) rose
    4) donna
    5) jack

IMO too early yet to judge clara.
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its only 'New(er) Who'.

Amy and Rory - they are great in my book, when they left I found it very emotional and it was the first (and possibly only time) I immediately watched an episode again.

Older Who I really like Leela. Strong but has a real reason to not know things which can be funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Amy/Rory & Martha were the companions I found most enjoyable to watch.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie, Ian, Charley, and ace.....
  • Options
    donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie, Ian, Charley, and ace.....

Yes to be fair if including the Audios then I'd go with Charley,in fact I like a lot of 8th Doctor audio more than the TV stuff and McGann and Fishers chemistry is perfect
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wilfred.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Martha
    Donna
    Rose (Series one Rose especially)
    Clara.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Nice to see a lot of love for Martha.

My favourite is (and probably will always be) Sarah Jane, and then Donna, Rose and Martha.

I think Clara started well but became a little dull as the episodes went on. I'm hoping now the 'impossible girl' story is over we'll get to know her much better.
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peri, Polly, Sarah Jane, Both Romana's, Jo and from the male companions, Ian.

Also like Tegan, but the later version from when she'd called down and in the New series, I like all the female companions. Rose, Donna and Clara are particularly good.

:)
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donovan5 wrote: »
    Yes to be fair if including the Audios then I'd go with Charley,in fact I like a lot of 8th Doctor audio more than the TV stuff and McGann and Fishers chemistry is perfect

Ah yeah agreed. If BF is included then Charley has to be up there. The chemistry between Charley & 8 is perfect. (I also like Evelyn & 6 chemistry wise)

I guess which Doctor it is and the chemistry are a massive factor.
  • Options
    doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana 1 + 2, Ace, Peri, Jamie and Harry. Martha and Rose were great from the new series.
    Sarh Jane being my favourite. My favourite combination is the fourth doctor with Sarah Jane and Harry. :)
    Also a mention for Lucie Miller from the Big Finish audio's, great chemistry with the Eighth Doctor. :cool:
  • Options
    madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Jane had always been my favorite, followed by Amy, Martha and Clara. Speaking of Amy, I watched Oculus last night and Karen Gillan, imo was the perfect choice for this film and I hope she goes on to have a long and successful acting carreer.
    From a whovian point of view, It was like watching Amy pond, (speaking with quite a believable american accent.) in her very own spin off show. I thought she played the part effortlessly and made me feel a little nostalgic at times..:blush: She will always be Amy Pond in my eyes, in whatever she does and I really hope we see allot more of her.
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,296
    Forum Member
    Rose and Donna.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Early Jon Pertwee companion Liz was beautiful, in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy/Rory...for me them with 11 was PERFECT! my Team TARDIS for two and a half years just such refreshing and electric energy. great casting.

Clara...I feel just pips Donna...I loved her launch into the show, a different energy...yet also for some reason reminds me of classic Who too...that air of nostalgia about her...look forward to seeing her blossom further with Capaldi!

Donna Noble, only in third place due to how excellent the aforementioned are but Donna is a class of her own...loved her chemistry with Tennant...even when i didnt like a storyline she made it watchable.

Then i think Rose especially in series 1, perfect to launch the show with...but i loved her stints in series 4 and the recent Day of the Doctor she was PERFECT as Bad Wolf.

Capt Jack because why not ;)
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sonic Screwdriver :D