I have 3 cats and have just found out someone is poisoning them in my area!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
Forum Member
So far 2 cats have been killed.:mad:

Comments

• Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't let them out until the culprit is caught. That's the only thing you can do. Seal up the cat flaps.
  • TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JS180 wrote: »

You've still got one left. Just be more careful with it.
  • joopyjoopy Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tinpot wrote: »
    You've still got one left. Just be more careful with it.

:D

Lollerskates
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Ignore the comedians :rolleyes:
    This must be absolutely terrifying for you :(
    I'm afraid the only thing you can do is keep them in until the nutter who's doing this is caught.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JS180 wrote: »

Don't believe the hype. A lot of speculation (two missing cats) ends up as fact within hours (two cats killed by deranged gardner).

Don't worry about it.
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    How have you found this out, OP? Is it gossip and speculation, or is it fact? What have they allegedly been poisoned with?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Its true because the owner of the cat had a test taken at the vet and there were traces of poison. And the story is in my local paper.
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Does the story say what the poison was? The fact that a cat has been poisoned doesn't mean it was done deliberately. It would also be useful to know how far away the people concerned live, so you can judge if there is a threat to your own cats. If you're worried, keep them indoors.
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost a beautiful cat to poison. The council had lain rat poison further down the street and 5/6 animals were affected. My poor brave boy was treated but I believe he finally chose to die as he couldn't take it anymore (he was the cleverest animal I have ever owned). The vets took the council on and won their corner. I suggest you call the police/council/local vets/RSPCA - get them involved in finding the culprit. I love animals and cherish my pets but anyone who lays poison is not thinking of the damage it could also do to a child - this is the argument that should be put forward to those in authority.