Cats with a cold?

funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
Forum Member
Tonight my two girls seem sniffly and lethargic. There was also some sick in the bedrooom about an hour ago, They are not themselves at all. I will obviously whip them to the vets tomorrow if there is no improvement but wondered if anyone else had any tips.

They look so sad, there eyes look quite weak too.

We had a nice snuggly weekend this weekend and me and my partner never left the house and the girls live indoors, so I wonder why they have picked something up.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »
    Tonight my two girls seem sniffly and lethargic. There was also some sick in the bedrooom about an hour ago, They are not themselves at all. I will obviously whip them to the vets tomorrow if there is no improvement but wondered if anyone else had any tips.

They look so sad, there eyes look quite weak too.

We had a nice snuggly weekend this weekend and me and my partner never left the house and the girls live indoors, so I wonder why they have picked something up.

Infections can often have a longer incubation period that two days/a weekend and can be airbourne, so can enter via any air current, including opening outside doors or windows or via airbricks.
    They can also be picked up by direct contact from the environment and walked into the house on shoes or carried in on clothes, hair, hands etc.
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Are the cats vaccinated?
    As Tass says, even indoor cats need to be vaccinated as infections travel in via their owners and visitors.
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    Lippincote wrote: »
    Are the cats vaccinated?
    As Tass says, even indoor cats need to be vaccinated as infections travel in via their owners and visitors.

Yes all vaccinated, their next booster is March :)
    Forum Member
    Tass wrote: »
    Infections can often have a longer incubation period that two days/a weekend and can be airbourne, so can enter via any air current, including opening outside doors or windows or via airbricks.
    They can also be picked up by direct contact from the environment and walked into the house on shoes or carried in on clothes, hair, hands etc.

Thanks Tass, yes I guess I know that but sanity kind of goes out the window when you worry! :o

They seem ok but just quiet. It's the first time in two years either has been off colour.

Going to monitor them tonight, just in case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Tass, yes I guess I know that but sanity kind of goes out the window when you worry! :o

They seem ok but just quiet. It's the first time in two years either has been off colour.

Going to monitor them tonight, just in case.

Definately. It's usually easier to be calm and logical about someone else's pet, when it's your own panic sets in and logic flies out the window :)
    Forum Member
    Tass wrote: »
    Definately. It's usually easier to be calm and logical about someone else's pet, when it's your own panic sets in and logic flies out the window :)

Well they both seemed to perk up around 11pm and were playing:confused: So fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Forum Member
    Although I now seem to have a humdinder of a cold!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I now seem to have a humdinder of a cold!

Have you been vaccinated? :eek::D
    Take some catnip and go to bed with a hot mouse ;)
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    lol!

One of my cats had a 'cold' when she was about 5 months old, didn't seem to affect her too badly. Hope you and the kitties are all on the mend soon!