Nokia 6630 on 3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
Forum Member
Anyone got a Nokia 6630 on 3 they are offering some cracking deals on these, are they any good ????

Comments

• lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The phone is apparently great - but go for it on any of the other networks, three (3) restrict their handsets too much (i.e. you can't go on any other websites - only Three's own)
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to watch out as 3 is ropey in terms of call reliability. Best deals on this handset seem to be with an 18 month contract on 3.

I dont think I'd want to take a chance living with 3 for 18 months, 12 is bad enough.

Check out recent genuine customer reviews at the following websites:

www.reviewcentre.com www.grumbletext.co.uk

also www.talk3g.co.uk - New Independent 3G customer forum
  • Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got a Nokia 6630 on 3 they are offering some cracking deals on these, are they any good ????
    The phone is great, the network, while still not 100% perfect, operates MUCH better on these '3rd Wave' of 3G handsets such as the Nokia 6630 & Motorola A1000.

If I were you, I'd go into the Carphone Warehouse and sign up to their £15/half price for 12 months contract. You've got 14 days to see how it works for YOU - never mind what people who have no experience of the latest handsets tell you.

If in the 14 days you find you're having problems, ditch it and you'll at least know that you tried. If not, enjoy the HUGE savings on your phone bill.
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "never mind what people who have no experience of the latest handsets tell you."

Excuse me but how do you know what anyone has in terms of handsets? You cannot simply dismiss others opinions by supposition!

I have a new (3rd generation 3G mobile), Motorola c975 and a couple of others too. I have upgraded 4 times in the last 22 months after listening to glowing comments and feedback on forums and elsewhere about new 3G models...all to no avail. The 3 service where I stay is still far less robust and often remains barely useable compared with other networks.

I agree the best thing to do is to try the handset for the 14 days but one can always get a reasonable assessment of how good things are in general use by taking account of the prior experience of others. The whole 3 problem is not so much a hardware issue as a network issue in terms of my own experience. After all 4 handsets by 3 different manufacturers displaying the same performance problems cant be coincedence.
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three is s**t, full stop - next question? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me but how do you know what anyone has in terms of handsets? You cannot simply dismiss others opinions by supposition!
    So YOU actually have a Motorola A1000, NEC 338, LG 3138, LG 3130 or Nokia 6630 - these being the latest handsets available on 3? I have. I also have experience with several of the older 3 models and the 5 handsets I have mentioned above are infinatly superior.
    I agree the best thing to do is to try the handset for the 14 days....
    There you go Mr G; Try 3! You've got nothing to lose. If you sign up, let us know how you get on!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you do they maths on all the 18month contracts on 3 with cashback, they actually work out more expensive than a normal 12month contract on 3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never sign an 18 month contract with ANYONE. Curse you T-Mobile for introducing those darned things to this country in the first place!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I took the plunge and got myself the 6630 on 3, 12 month contract, 500 mins & 100 txt for £15pm for 9 mths then £30 per month, so far so good and the 3 signal in the area where I live seems to be very good so far, and I can't fault the phone :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lee18xx wrote:
    Three is s**t, full stop - next question? :D

This from a Vodagroan customer ;)

Oh, sorry Lee18xx, I'll need to translate for you

T s f o a V c t e
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took the plunge and got myself the 6630 on 3....

Good for you Mr G! Remember, you've got 14 days experience the network for yourself. If you're not happy, you can always cancel.

I'm real jealous mind, I'd love a 6630 :(
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a 6630 on vodafone and i do like it!

500 mins w/ 100 texts for £40/m which i know is dearer than 3, but i know i am going to be able to make calls.

Only thing is, lately it keeps switching itself off for no reason.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Only thing is, lately it keeps switching itself off for no reason.....

It's probably that naff Vodafone firmware they force upon their customers.... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    E2 Save are selling the phone on three, but it doesnt have any of the settings on the phone. Nightmare!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr G? How are you finding it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Tried out the video calling, not to good as the 6630 only has 1 camera so you can't see each other either they can see you or you can see them, but hey thats not what I bought the phone for. The 3 recption in the Ipswich area is very good and all main A roads are good, when going out into the sticks it switchs over to O2 however there is a time while it changes bewteen networks when you can't make calls as it shows a week 3G connection but I couldn't dial out then a minute later it switched over to O2. But so far so good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive got a 6630 on orange 3g the phone is fantastic, however the video calling is a bit iffy casue you cant do it without a stand. but orange have better 3g coverage than 3, and our 3gs only been launched onto mobiles at xmas! 3 i wouldnt go near, as they have poor signal, poor customer service, you may aswell just get it on 02 as thats how 3 use for their 2.5g coverage anyway!