TNA Wrestling on Challenge TV

Comments

• AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. Robbie E in that X-Div match was awesome. His selling reaction from Red's faux kick was supreme. hahaha :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    Good show last night, I enjoyed it a lot.

One thing that doesn't make sense though. Hogan and Bischoff, who in storyline terms have all the power in TNA hate the X-Division, yet they allow an entire PPV to be based on X-Division matches.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Georged123 wrote: »
    If they signed the other 3 straight away it would make the match stipulation look pointless. Im sure we will see them again in TNA,

You could still sign them and debut them gradually over the next few months.
    Forum Member
    Alfie2008 wrote: »
    Good show last night, I enjoyed it a lot.

One thing that doesn't make sense though. Hogan and Bischoff, who in storyline terms have all the power in TNA hate the X-Division, yet they allow an entire PPV to be based on X-Division matches.

According to the "promo" TNA put out for the PPV, Bischoff said it was the Network.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else catch Eric Young saying "That was the shits" after the Curry Man segment? Very funny.
  • luvuchloeflynnluvuchloeflynn Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    RuthStar wrote: »
    IIRC There was a match between Rob/Murphy/Gunner and the winner kept their place in Immortal, losers got kicked out, Robs back probably in the British Invasion again which is probably the best they can do with Rob, and Murphy hasn't been seen since i think, Idk, don't pay attention to those two. I quite like Gunner though.

Thanks for explaining it :)
  • luvuchloeflynnluvuchloeflynn Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Aries is pretty good on the mic.
  • KOE_9_ASHKOE_9_ASH Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Just watched the PPV and enjoyed it immensely.

The 4 way match for the contract was match of the night for me, closely followed by AJ/Daniels.

I loved the chant at the start of the 4-way when the crowd started up with "Ev-ry-Body! clap-clap-clapclapclap".

The the "Sign them all!" chant as well. Which they should.

The Ultimate X match was a bit of a letdown because it seemed to end pretty abruptly as well. But overall a great effort - consistent quality throughout.

Agree 110%. Thought the chants showed an appreciation of WRESTLING, rather than the acting. Like a typical British crowd. :)
    JCR wrote: »
    Bryan Alvarez, who is mates with/trained Jack Evans, stated you'd get more money teaching gymnastics than the kind of money they'd be getting from TNA. So they may not want to sign.

All depends if Jack wants to get his name out there, or has a passion for wrestling and to carry it on.

Fair play to his mate trying to protect him, but quite frankly, I want to see him signed and on Impact a LOT more. Think it could be a problem though. He's already under a contract elsewhere, isn't he?
    Oh they annoy the hell out of me, but I just found it quite a witty chant.

The PPV audience is completely different to the Impact Wrestling one. Last night's crowd was bouncing, to me. Good atmos' for Orlando.
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    LOL. Robbie E in that X-Div match was awesome. His selling reaction from Red's faux kick was supreme. hahaha :D

Robbie E's not too bad of a talent. A bit like RVD with the over-zealous sells, but hell, it's good.

EDIT: http://t.co/6RJ1Gzo

And so, Sting plants the seeds for "one more match" with Hulk Hogan.

Urgh.
    Forum Member
    Dunno if it's worth it, but I posted this over at the Challenge TV Facebook page. I'd like to think that if it got enough support, they might actually read it. Is it time to push to get Impact back on Saturday? They show a repeat in the 9pm slot anyway, so why not show the première on Saturday and a repeat on Tuesday night? No change to the format. Just a change to the première showing.

http://www.facebook.com/ChallengeTV/posts/192111227511191
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KOE_9_ASH wrote: »
    The PPV audience is completely different to the Impact Wrestling one. Last night's crowd was bouncing, to me. Good atmos' for Orlando

Very true - in many PPV's, i've watched matches wrestled in near silence because the crowd wasn't interested. They were 'up' for most of the stuff this time which made a huge difference to the overall atmosphere.

I still think that if they're going to hold PPV's in the Impact Zone then they should at least try to theme the stage and ramp accordingly, just to set it apart from the weekly shows.

I can't imagine it would be all that expensive to construct some kind of themed entrance way to place over the usual one to make it look a bit different.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    Are you feeling ok JCR? That looks suspiciously like praise for TNA. :eek:

The wrestling is fine most of the time. :eek: :p

If only the stories made sense. If only.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I just watched the Destination X show.

I wasn't blown away by it but preferred it to all the Hogan/Bischoff crap you get on the weekly shows.
    I'm not at all interested in the Sting storyline. IMO it's killing his reputation. We had The Crow rip off for years and now we have The Joker rip off.

What was people's thoughts on Doug Williams vs Mark Haskins? I was surprised to see Mark on the show. I'm a big fan of Mark having seen him in some superb matches in IPW:UK but was disappointed by this match. He wasn't given the opportunity to show what he can do. He would have been better with a better opponent. Yes Doug is a great wrestler but IMO he is wrong for Haskins who worls better with the cruiserweight wrestlers better.

Hopefully he will get another chance in TNA and not just on the UK tour.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »

Excellent news! I'm guessing Destination X done a better than average buyrate for them to follow this through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully he will get another chance in TNA and not just on the UK tour.

I thought Haskins just looked a bit nervous. He botched a couple of moves but I can forgive that considering the situation. As you say, maybe he could have been given one of the x division guys to work with just to show what he could do.
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to say that I like Robbie E as well. An entertaining and funny character who always brightens up the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention as well, I thought Jeremy Borash was terrible on commentary.

Apparently Tazz had a "family obligation" on Sunday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    I forgot to mention as well, I thought Jeremy Borash was terrible on commentary.

Apparently Tazz had a "family obligation" on Sunday.

It's a shame that Don West couldn't have come back for one night.
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Excellent news! I'm guessing Destination X done a better than average buyrate for them to follow this through.

Sadly....
    they don't follow it up with anything good on Impact
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    Sadly....
    they don't follow it up with anything good on Impact
    Not in terms of storyline but it looks as though they are building Austin Aries up to be the next champion, which I think is a great idea. Not sold on Kendrick.
    Forum Member
    Quite enjoyed next Tuesday's Impact. Not spoiling, of course. ;)

Miles off being the worst I've seen. Pretty decent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xplosion now to air on a Wednesday at 10PM - http://tnauk.wordpress.com/2011/07/15/breaking-news-tna-xplosion-changing-nightstimeslot-on-challenge/

Really good news, I hated it being on right after Impact and on until 1AM. I'll definitely be checking it out more often now.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Destination X was the first TNA show in over a year that managed to get my undivided attention.

Fantastic stuff.

Obviously it was too biased to the X Division by nature - but it highlighted just how much I've missed what effectively felt like TNA of old.

And for god sake keep the 6 sided ring. It's TNA. It just works.
    Forum Member
    Xplosion now to air on a Wednesday at 10PM - http://tnauk.wordpress.com/2011/07/15/breaking-news-tna-xplosion-changing-nightstimeslot-on-challenge/

Really good news, I hated it being on right after Impact and on until 1AM. I'll definitely be checking it out more often now.

Obviously brought about by the excellent rating announced last week/week before. Good move.
    Forum Member
    Not in terms of storyline but it looks as though they are building Austin Aries up to be the next champion, which I think is a great idea. Not sold on Kendrick.

No surprise about your opinion on Kendrick being low. He's been handled terribly.
    f_196 wrote: »
    And for god sake keep the 6 sided ring. It's TNA. It just works.

The 6 sided is pointless. A few of the guys were slipping off the ropes throughout the night.
This discussion has been closed.