Points Of View Spring 2014

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
More complaints of poor sound quality, mumbled and slurred lines in BBC Drama.

Have they not learnt from the last lot of complaints? rolleyes

They are going to learn lessons. Yeah right

Brucie leaving Strictly.

Claudia Winkleman to take over?

Is this really worthy of a POV comment? rolleyes

Revenge of the Egghead.

Proved a big turn off to have CJ as the Egghead. Tone too hard.
We're right to experiment with the format.

The Guest List

Disappointing. Felt flat. Poor imitation of Blankety Blank.

Eastenders Who Dun it.

Praise. For actors and storyline.
Wooden acting from new born pup.

Eh? They captured the Easter message and the whole series has been a delight.

What is she on?

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,682
    Forum Member
    Brucie leaving Strictly.

Yes, 'cos it's not like it's the most-watched programme when it's on. Oh, wait.... :rollingeyes:
    Revenge of the Egghead.

Correct. Complaints were stupid. I've never ever seen the show before and I could tell straight away, just from the clips, that the 'personal comments' were not meant to be taken seriously.
    The Guest List

So you're just giving a precis of the programme for those who didn't see it. But if we didn't see it, why would come into a thread about it? Kinda pointless really, don't you think?
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It returns from a break more fluffy and inconsequential than before. Hard to imagine how they managed it.

Move over Jeremy and let your brother front this abysmal token show - It IS a bloody joke after all.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,564
    Forum Member

What is she on?
    Yes, what was that all about? :confused:
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't realised it was back on, thanks for the heads up :)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I hadn't realised it was back on, thanks for the heads up :)

I didn't realise either, I only caught the last bit so had to watch on Iplayer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Yes, what was that all about? :confused:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was strange. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was just wondering if its on iPlayer - I'll maybe try and catch it at some point if I remember. I saw Escape to the Country and Monkey Planet were on yesterday but hadn't thought to check the listings for later on (Monkey Planet being the last show to appear on that page of the EPG). It used to be on at c. 3-4pm I think?. I wish they wouldn't move it around the schedules quite so much - maybe I should email and complain lol.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,564
    Forum Member
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was strange. :)

There's a suggestion on the PoV messageboard that she was referring to the series "Rev". Makes sense, though I'm sure she didn't actually say that!
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing Danny Cohen YET AGAIN trying to tell us WE WILL like and watch The Voice
    I DON'T AND WON'T
    the arrogance of the guy is breathtaking
    As for Jamaica Inn they tweaked the sound for the last two episodes with little or no effect
    Apparently they will " learn lessons" over this !!
    Seemingly THATS that then
    How many thousands of pounds of OUR LICENCE MONEY WASTED???
    POV should just be taken off air
    Its the Tv equivalent of a toothless Alsatian
    Can't bite but will give you a good gumming !
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Points Of View never touch the real issues such as Snooker coverage, I only watch it for comedy purposes now.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes same with me.

I went to check another recording and saw it was on.

I didn't see any publicity about it at all and with JV not being been on his Radio Two show for the past fortnight it didn't get a mention there either.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Points Of View never touch the real issues such as Snooker coverage, I only watch it for comedy purposes now.

Can anyone actually remember the last time when the powers that be actually changed anything as a result of the show
    I sure as hell can't

What was the tagline Auntie used the other year ????
    Its YOUR BBC ........NOT from where I'm stood
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Can anyone actually remember the last time when the powers that be actually changed anything as a result of the show
    I sure as hell can't

Its just a box ticking thing, Not really listening to viewers. Snooker fans are better off complaining to Barry Hearn. Only thing is the boss of the Snooker wonders why everyone complains to him on Twitter instead of the BBC. Think its because the BBC never listen.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    I sure as hell can't

They are never wrong that is why >:(

I didn't realize it was on again. To many complaints maybe.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some 30 years old but just as true now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukun8nc5Y8U
    Forum Member
    More complaints of poor sound quality, mumbled and slurred lines in BBC Drama.

Have they not learnt from the last lot of complaints? rolleyes

They are going to learn lessons. Yeah right

Brucie leaving Strictly.

Revenge of the Egghead.

The Guest List

Eastenders Who Dun it.

Praise. For actors and storyline.
    Wooden acting from new born pup.

What is she on?

WTH was the puppy revival :o .. he would have killed it keeping it on it's back like that. So glad I stopped watching this rubbish years ago. I note the acting is still as bad as ever :D

Not sure what that woman was on about as Rev (someone said it was connected to that) was not mentioned :confused: I think Mr Vine left out a vital line of his speech for that clip :blush: I wonder if someone will complain about that next week :D
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Some 30 years old but just as true now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukun8nc5Y8U

:o I remember when it was first aired :D Just so true.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the programme producers have been cherry picking the messages for the past four decades, with the object of "providing a balanced content of perceived entertaining trivia and plenty of BBC PR puff," it has always been impossible to take it seriously.

"and there you have it" as Mr Vine often says.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,682
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing Danny Cohen YET AGAIN trying to tell us WE WILL like and watch The Voice
    I DON'T AND WON'T
    Of course he has never actually said anything like that whatsoever. That said, approx 6m per week do and did; and it was the most-watched show every week.
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    They are never wrong that is why >:(
    Of course, they've never actually said that; ever. It's just that they know how to make TV and the most complainers don't. Hence why most of their "complaints" are easily countered with logic and common sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    There's a suggestion on the PoV messageboard that she was referring to the series "Rev". Makes sense, though I'm sure she didn't actually say that!

I just caught the show on iPlayer - No she didn't say that. That viewer video was played directly after a clip of Phil Mitchell in Eastenders apparently (along with text quote saying as much) giving the kiss of life to a stuffed toy :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just caught the show on iPlayer - No she didn't say that. That viewer video was played directly after a clip of Phil Mitchell in Eastenders apparently (along with text quote saying as much) giving the kiss of life to a stuffed toy :confused:

I've a feeling they were comparing the resurrection of the pup with the resurrection of Jesus Christ. :)
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    //////////

Of course, they've never actually said that; ever. It's just that they know how to make TV and the most complainers don't. Hence why most of their "complaints" are easily countered with logic and common sense.

The more perceptive would realise, that they only choose to air the "complaints" that they can "easily counter with logic and common sense."

Any complaint which might prove truly embarrassing, will never get on the programme.

So many people seem to be oblivious of this fact.
    The whole programme is really just a bit of BBC PR fluff, with the odd "we got that wrong" over something trivial, to give an appearance of even-handedness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've a feeling they were comparing the resurrection of the pup with the resurrection of Jesus Christ. :)

A stuffed toy? or was it supposed to be real? lol. I don't watch EastEnders.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see them getting rid of that POV forum soon.
    Forum Member
    A stuffed toy? or was it supposed to be real? lol. I don't watch EastEnders.

It's 4 little legs were as stiff as a board. There was no hope for it :( despite what tomato face said :kitty: