Options

Amazon have banned me for too many returns!

Comments

• Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Not in my case. They've been fantastic with my orders. All the couriers, except for one, have delivered my parcels either on the 5th day, or before. Their customer service have been great when I've used them the very odd time as well. As far as I'm concerned, Amazon are a very reliable and trusted company to order from. They're a rare breed.

They were good enough to refund me for an item after discovering it was damaged while in transit. Quick phonecall to customer services for the reason as they just sent me an email saying 'here's your money back.' Saved me and them the hassle of me receiving it and having to send it back. Can't fault them, they've always been great in my experience.
  • Options
    jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aye but are you 'returning' kindle downloads after reading them? You have 5 days to return a downloaded kindle item and I know someone who was downloading books, reading them quickly then returning them for a refund. They had their Amazon account disabled too....
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. I can't see how it would be in Amazon's interests to ban people for little or no reason.
    That's what I thought.

When asked how many returns were involved,the OP said:
    I think this year it would be around 7 or 8?
    and I was reminded of my OHs replies when he comes home from the pub a bit pissed and I ask him 'how many have you had?'

I tend to add at least 25% to whatever number he gives me :D
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you one of those people who orders clothes and shoes in half a dozen sizes, then send back 5 of them?

I'd ban you for that....
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Is this what your superposed to be in titled to?
    And its not like you can check the item out in the shop like in the high street.

you are entitled to return things, there is no suggestion that they haven't allowed the OP to do this. and amazon are entitled to tell you to go **** yourself.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    I'm outraged! I love my amazon account too! :(

I've returned quite a few items on/off this year and they've refunded me etc, then all of a sudden I get an email saying that "our business has to end here" and that too many returns have exceeded a limit.

I know someone who had their account banned because of too many refunds, which is odd seeing as all amazon need to do in the first place is say "no" or whatever.

I'm gonna miss it so much, I got everything on there! :(
    So you have been banned for too many returns/refunds and you know someone else who has been banned for the same thing whereas I have had an Amazon a/c for about 10 years now and know not a single person who this has happened to.

Fact is indeed stranger than fiction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    So you have been banned for too many returns/refunds and you know someone else who has been banned for the same thing whereas I have had an Amazon a/c for about 10 years now and know not a single person who this has happened to.

Fact is indeed stranger than fiction.

Given it's pretty well known that Amazon customer service is one of the best in the business... if this is true I think we can all see that the OP has done something outrageous.

Probable reasons:

1) Repeatedly buys multiple sizes of garments, and sends back the ones that don't fit, meaning the sale usually costs Amazon money in restocking costs combined with a minimal profit margin

2) Some sort of suspected piracy scam (repeatedly returning DVDs and Blurays, after copying them).

3) Repeatedly returning suspiciously damaged/used items.

4) Buying the same item, waiting 30 days, returning it, and buying it again - basically renting things free of cost.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^ Agree, I'm a prime member and have been ordering from Amazon for 7 years or so. My order page runs to something like 250 pages. In all that time I've had to return maybe 2 things, because they were broken/not as described etc.

There's something the OP's not telling us.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure we don't need a million and one "I'm a happy camper" posts regarding amazon.

We need more details from the OP, as Amazon tend to have the best customer service of any retailer, on par with John Lewis.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Agree, I'm a prime member and have been ordering from Amazon for 7 years or so. My order page runs to something like 250 pages. In all that time I've had to return maybe 2 things, because they were broken/not as described etc.

There's something the OP's not telling us.

Bloody hell! You must have had a ton of orders from them. The total number of order pages in my account doesn't amount to anywhere NEAR that. You must be getting parcels every week/two weeks/three weeks/a month from them.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^ Probably 1 parcel a week, over xmas up to 3-4 a week. With PS4 launch week I think I have 6 parcels coming to me.

Just looked it's not 7 years but 9 (2004)

I buy just about everything from them, except food and clothes.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many was it the year before
    and the year before that?
  • Options
    scottlscottl Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Customer service maybe good but delivery is AWFUL

Amazon Logistics who delivered my package just couldn't deliver - was marked as undeliverable as they couldn't do saturdays, couldn't take it to a depot - like royal mail do - couldn't change the delivery to my workplace.

Pootmatoot wrote: »
    Given it's pretty well known that Amazon customer service is one of the best in the business... if this is true I think we can all see that the OP has done something outrageous.

Probable reasons:

1) Repeatedly buys multiple sizes of garments, and sends back the ones that don't fit, meaning the sale usually costs Amazon money in restocking costs combined with a minimal profit margin

2) Some sort of suspected piracy scam (repeatedly returning DVDs and Blurays, after copying them).

3) Repeatedly returning suspiciously damaged/used items.

4) Buying the same item, waiting 30 days, returning it, and buying it again - basically renting things free of cost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scottl wrote: »
    Customer service maybe good but delivery is AWFUL

Amazon Logistics who delivered my package just couldn't deliver - was marked as undeliverable as they couldn't do saturdays, couldn't take it to a depot - like royal mail do - couldn't change the delivery to my workplace.

If you can't be around when there's something that needs signing for, can't you just use an Amazon Dropbox.... they're all over the place now.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your account would of flagged up on the system and the system will automatically ban you if you do too many returns in a short period of time. Also if you constantly use reasons such as "i've changed my mind" or "unwanted gift" etc you will be flagged up on the system.
    It's not nice for us in the distribution centre having to keep sorting through returns that don't need to be returned in the first place. I'm not saying that's what you do , the best thing you can do is request a callback be polite and they might reinstate your account.
    Yes i work for Amazon lol.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I would cease to exist if I couldn't use Amazon. I have ordered about 10 things from them this month alone.

Come on OP - more info please.

really :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, ok, I use Amazon all the time and have never returned anything and think they're great. But - I want more info on the OP. Sounds juicy :D
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really :eek:

God yes - I spend my life on there. I live in the middle of nowhere with barely any shops nearby and because of that I buy the majority of my stuff online. I am also massively impressed by their customer service when needed.

Just today I had three deliveries from Amazon. A torch, batteries and a cuddly toy for the dog.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Read this on Amason forum. I love Amazon never had a problem in the 9 years I been wth them

Yes, you can be banned from buying things on Amazon. It is usually related to a history of sending products back for no good reason--and particularly if the items show up in poor shape. One can be banned from posting to threads pretty quickly if one begins to threaten other people--some posters are stupid enough to put up real pictures of themselves and/or use their real names. It isn't hard to figure out who they are--and if they can prove that they are being stalked or harrassed, the individual can get banned. Refusing to follow community standards (insisting on starting political discussions in non-political threads) is another thing that will get one "banned."

But, getting banned from buying books and getting banned from commenting are pretty much two different things. As dependent as I am on Amazon for things I need for work, I would really hate to get banned from purchasing. Other people probably don't care.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Funk You wrote: »
    Sort of says alot about the stuff you buy if you have to return it and the fact Amazon is probably the worst site you can buy from. The times I tried to buy something only for it to be suddenly out of stock or it says its in stock but isnt or I buy something and its broken.

Never really had that problems. In many years of using Amazon that has only ever happened to me once.
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why buy stuff only to return it?

Frankly I am not surprised your account has been banned.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Op are you still purchasing or just sending items back without a replacement for a refund?

Ive only ever had to send one item back and that was because it was incorrectly labelled. That was a straight swap for a larger item so no issue.

I could see their point if you continually order items then change your mind and send them back.
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Op are you still purchasing or just sending items back without a replacement for a refund?

Ive only ever had to send one item back and that was because it was incorrectly labelled. That was a straight swap for a larger item so no issue.

I could see their point if you continually order items then change your mind and send them back.
    The only time I have had any problem is when the seller sent me the incorrect cable instead of the one I ordered, contacted him to about it and he told me just to keep the wrong one and he would send the correct one to me.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it depends on what was returned and how much you've ordered over the year. If you have ordered over 200 itmes them 7/8 is excessive but you only order 10 then it probably is. Ask Amazon for details
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP has been on DS this afternoon ... but hasn't posted on here again (I don't think). Come back OP, we need more info.