GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    The Last of Us is £54.99.

https://www.centresoft.co.uk/products/view/productid/13661/the-last-of-us

And you'd use his wi-fi.

Not from PSN it isn't, it's 40 quid.

And they said its for use over LAN not WAN which broadband is.

Also the people here defending these is ridiculous... No MP3 play back is poor, higher RRP is poor...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Not from PSN it isn't, it's 40 quid.

And they said its for use over LAN not WAN which broadband is.

Also the people here defending these is ridiculous... No MP3 play back is poor, higher RRP is poor...
    Just because it is cheaper on PSN store doesn't mean the RRP isn't £54.99!

And wrong, it does work on WAN.
    For Remote Play to function over a wide area network, a robust and stable WiFi connection and broadband Internet connection is required

They said they do not recommend it away from home unless the broadband is robust.

They're saying this because streaming the video and having a lag-free experience will require decent internet, and so if they said:

Can I remote play anywhere?
    Answer: Yes.

And people got home with their crappy connection tried it and and found it to be a pile of poo they'd be pissed off, if they say up front that you'll need a robust connection then you won't be upset.

It 100% works, home or away over any wi-fi and we've known this for a while. You can do it on the PS3 as well.
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shuhei Yoshida has responded about this already on twitter. "Thanks for the feedback to the lack of MP3 and DLNA support at the launch of PS4. I'll share with the PS4 Dev team for future consideration." Future firmware? Interesting that he says launch, and not just PS4 in general.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone said that they already had DLNA on the list of stuff to add in the future.

I'm not sure they'll change MP3s in the background. It is a new feature so anything is a bonus might be the attitude they take on that one.

The ability to play MP3s via an app, maybe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Someone said that they already had DLNA on the list of stuff to add in the future.

I'm not sure they'll change MP3s in the background. It is a new feature so anything is a bonus might be the attitude they take on that one.

The ability to play MP3s via an app, maybe.

These are features the PS3 has that they have removed... Bonkers...

It's all so they can sell you movies and music via their own services... Who do they think you are, Apple?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    This, however, is very cool:

Can PS4 and PS3 users play together online, cross-platform?
    The functionality is technically possible and some developers may choose to support it for their titles.
    Helldivers will do it.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/395696961702998018
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Cancelled my preorder as over 50% of the time i use my PS3 is streaming content.

Until they change this I will keep my PS3 instead!!

No CD, No mp3, no DNLA media server. I have always bought a playstation on launch day. Sony has lost some Kudos...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Lack of DNLA is actually quite a big thing for me, I'd say about 80% of my PS3 usage (before it broke last month) was using it as a media server to stream from my PC. Any idea if they're allowing playback of files (AVI/MKV) via memory stick? Infact, are they even supporting those file types at all given their stance on MP3's now?
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The PS3 also launched without some of these features. DLNA, MPEG-4 AVC, DivX/XviD and video files larger than 2GB weren't supported until 2-12 months after UK launch.

It's a shame that these aren't available day one but they can be added later. Sony might have more important things to work on at the moment.

No support for audio CD isn't news though, Shuhei Yoshida confirmed this during E3.
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Disappointed in no DLNA at launch, was gonna let my Son have the PS3 in his room but hopefully will be added later.
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering cancelling pre-order too, launch list looks kind of weak now, no DLNA, no confirmation of the streaming services provided, no mp3 support.. hmm. I will still pick one up eventually, but am thinking money might be better spent on upgrading my PC right now.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see why no CDs and no DLNA would upset people and maybe put them off the system.

For me though I rarely, if ever, use either feature on PS3, so this doesn't really affect my purchasing decision.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Useful FAQ list.

The big thing for me was how access to online gaming was going to work for a PS4 with multiple accounts on it. Me and the missus both play online, so I was concerned that we would have to get two plus subs or pay an additional fee for the sub account. So the way they are handling that is really a relief.

The music thing is a poor show though. I currently have a music unlimited subscription - due to the special offer last year where you got a year for £20ish. It is a good service and I do use in on my phone quite a bit. When the year is up I wont be re-subbing - it is not something I would pay £10 a month for. Coincidentally the years sub runs out just before the launch of PS4. Sony are evil masterminds!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I had a Music Unlimited subscription after it went on special offer for PS+ subscribers, it's a great service, but there's no way in hell that I'd pay £10 per month for it.

I notice BTW that the Tune-In radio app is currently free to + subscribers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redmoons wrote: »
    Cancelled my preorder as over 50% of the time i use my PS3 is streaming content.

Until they change this I will keep my PS3 instead!!

No CD, No mp3, no DNLA media server. I have always bought a playstation on launch day. Sony has lost some Kudos...

No CD support doesn't bother me as all my music is in MP3 on Google Play. Not being able to play these or stream video from my PC is annoying.

I wasn't gonna buy one at launch anyway and this is just more reason to hold out.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting tweet from Shuey.....

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/395844205215363072

"@yosp: Had a very good discussion w the PS4 Dev team today. We're happy & appreciative to learn so many people use and like PS3's media features."

I wonder if a U-turn for media features might be on the cards?
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Lack of DNLA is actually quite a big thing for me, I'd say about 80% of my PS3 usage (before it broke last month) was using it as a media server to stream from my PC. Any idea if they're allowing playback of files (AVI/MKV) via memory stick? Infact, are they even supporting those file types at all given their stance on MP3's now?

Same here, Sony have managed to kill my interest in PS4.

Hope things change soon on the streaming front or at the very least some form of MKV playback appears.

Lack of MP3 support is also disappointing as I have a lot of MP3 files sitting on my PS3 HDD.

Sort it out Sony, I was expecting improvements in these areas not the total removal of these features :mad:

I wasn't buying at launch anyway so you have about 12months to sort this out.

Next Generation is a depressing prospect :mad: :rolleyes: :cry::cry:
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atleast my official PS3 Bluetooth keyboard will work! :) (& so will the wireless headset after a patch :cool:) ... Can't see anything regarding the Official PS3 remote tho! :confused:

(& I'm gonna be seriously pissed if I can't use TVersity!!! :mad:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Can't see anything regarding the Official PS3 remote tho! :confused:

Won't work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't work.

Really?

Bah thats poor... no doubt they will sell you another one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

Bah thats poor... no doubt they will sell you another one.

Or maybe allow us to use the PlayStation App for that?? That could be cool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe allow us to use the PlayStation App for that?? That could be cool.

Hmm, yeah that would be a nice feature.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, yeah that would be a nice feature.

Pretty sure that's been announced, at least for the future if not immediately.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I had a Music Unlimited subscription after it went on special offer for PS+ subscribers, it's a great service, but there's no way in hell that I'd pay £10 per month for it.

I notice BTW that the Tune-In radio app is currently free to + subscribers.

Worth logging on the music unlimited website at the moment. If you click on subscription options there is a 90 day extension available for £3. I have gone for that, so I am covered until mid February now. It will at least give me the chance to try the service on PS4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting tweet from Shuey.....

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/395844205215363072

"@yosp: Had a very good discussion w the PS4 Dev team today. We're happy & appreciative to learn so many people use and like PS3's media features."

I wonder if a U-turn for media features might be on the cards?
    Leaker on GAF said DLNA was already on the cards.

That tweet sounds like a Penello tweet though. Entirely true but actually means nothing.

We yeah love that you like PS3 features... (then the bit he missed off) ...but we ain't doing them on PS4.