Duck Quacks Don't Echo

13»

Comments

• NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    A couple of the facts from last night have been on QI.
    The non Newtonion liquid and the Civet cat coffee.

I was surprised that they didn't mention that the animal can detect the best/ripest berries and that's what makes the coffee superior.

I thought they did. :confused:

As for the Newtonion liquid fact, i still think Brainiac did it best all those years ago by filling Richard Hammonds actual swimming pool with custard and getting Jon Tickle to walk across it. :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I thought they did. :confused:
    I don't remember them mentioning that specific point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't remember them mentioning that specific point.

I think it was in the video segment that they said it. I’d never heard the fact before the programme, but now know that one of the reasons its true is that animals can detect the best/ripest berries, so I must have heard it in the programme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A third series has been confirmed and will be recorded later this month for broadcast on Sky 1 later in the year.

Confirmed guests for the new series are:

Catherine Tate
    Claudia Winkleman
    Jerry Springer
    Jack Dee
    Jimmy Carr
    Sarah Millican
    Rob Brydon
    Ricky Wilson
    Davina McCall
    Heston Blumenthal
    Dara O’Briain
    Bob Mortimer

And Lee Mack is confirmed as returning host.
    Forum Member
    New series starts tonight at 8pm
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch it?

They've changed the format slightly (audience do the scoring, everyone joins in the end game). Can't believe they really had to wear safety goggles for pulling a tablecloth off a table!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Audience scoring is better, I think. With only 3 people scoring it got pretty random, and also they tended to give lower scores early.

I forget the details now, but I remember thinking that the experiments weren't so good. Previously one of the strengths of the show was their use of controls.
    Forum Member
    I see they've got rid of the school teacher and replaced him with a Doctor. I always wondered why they didn't have a Doctor or Professor there in the first place. It just seemed out of place.

Something does irk me about the new woman though. It's like she whispers when she talks. She's done reports for The One Show before and it always bugged me - athough the content of her reports was great.
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ISomething does irk me about the new woman though. It's like she whispers when she talks. She's done reports for The One Show before and it always bugged me - athough the content of her reports was great.

She does seem unnaturally bubbly and exuberant! Of course, it's quite possible that this is simply the way she is in real life! :D

Thought Jonathan Ross ruined it a little this week, by constantly jumping in and taking over, although this is pretty much what he always does. Dara O'Briain is very suited to a show like this, but hardly had a chance to talk!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something does irk me about the new woman though. It's like she whispers when she talks. She's done reports for The One Show before and it always bugged me - athough the content of her reports was great.
    The black woman from The Sky At Night? I think her natural speech cadence is very fast, and she has to consciously slow herself down for TV. Which sometimes means several fast words, then an unnatural pause, then some more fast words. She's got a bit better, though, since she started TSAN.
    Forum Member
    Thought Jonathan Ross ruined it a little this week, by constantly jumping in and taking over, although this is pretty much what he always does. Dara O'Briain is very suited to a show like this, but hardly had a chance to talk!
    I didn't get that. He was his usual self but it wasn't as though he was talking over the others.

In any case, the same can be levelled at Dara on other shows. On Mock the Week he was coined The Joke Surfer as when one of the panelists starts on a bit he will jump in and take over the joke.
    Forum Member
    Do you think you wouldn't notice if the person you were talking to chanced race?

It would be an interesting experiment to take part in.

Not really impressed by the final experient. You can see similar in many cooking shows these days :D
    Forum Member
    Series 4 started last Sunday.

I didn't see any ads and only saw it in the Sky Picks section of the EPG.
    Ep1 is available On Demand.