Paul McDonald: The Tracks Of My Tears
Pia Toscano: All In Love Is Fair
Scotty McCreery: For Once In My Life
Stefano Langone: Hello
Thia Megia: (Love Is Like A) Heat Wave

Comments

• Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    It was a good night for them all in all. A few good song choices, I think this could give us a surprising bottom three.

Favourites: Jacob, Pia, Haley and Lauren.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping someone would pick Haley's choice this week, just don't think it should have been her. She made it come across a bit 'dirty':o and I love the original more tender version.
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping someone would pick Haley's choice this week, just don't think it should have been her. She made it come across a bit 'dirty':o and I love the original more tender version.

They were all really good this week. I actually thought Haley sang the song great and doesn't deserve to go. Don't know who'll go but probably should be Thia, Naima or Paul ....
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    It was a good night for them all in all. A few good song choices, I think this could give us a surprising bottom three.

Favourites: Jacob, Pia, Haley and Lauren.

I agree, it was a good night for them all, everyone put in a solid performance. I've predicted my B3 but there could be a surprise or two. Though I expect people will vote a lot harder for their personal faves, even if they didn't perform that well for them, as they'll want to see them on the tour.

My top 3 were Jacob, Paul and Naima - which I also think was their best night so far. I actually found Jacob listenable, he reined it in nicely. Except for the very end note/screech.

I don't think the arrangement for Scotty's song was very good, too plinky-plonky, so it wasn't his best song, but he did OK with it despite of that.

Thia and Stephano are so soul-less and unconnected with their songs. It was like singing-by-numbers for Thia.

I also think Haley has a good voice, but I'm not sure that she's connecting with the voters. I'd like to see her stay but I think it's looking uncertain for her.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO, Haley, Thia, Stephano and Naima are the ones in danger of going this week.
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen a such a camp version of the song Jacob did. OK it was good, but not as good as the judges said. They really are over the top this year.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think this was his best week so far (and by that I mean his most restrained) but I find Jacob very difficult to watch, with his affectations, and when he opens his mouth wide....as though he's about to swallow the mic whole.

Honestly, stick a wig on him and he could be Fantasia's double:
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen a such a camp version of the song Jacob did. OK it was good, but not as good as the judges said. They really are over the top this year.

The judges are ridiculous this year.

That performance by Jacob was bordering on stupid most of the way through with the bouncing, tippy toeing and fingerpointing, and tipped the edge at the end with the affected vocal tone and gurning. Still, Steven Tyler spared Jacob's blushes by behaving even more ludcrously than Jacon's performance.

What are the judges watching and listening to?