Ha anyone heard of Hyperoptic?

DreamRJDreamRJ Posts: 3,369
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone has heard of this company? Hyperoptic?

https://www.hyperoptic.com/

They have residential options for broadband at £22 per month for 6 months then "47 a month aftewards, it says that is speeds 1gb download and 1gb upload?

It isnt available in my area, im soo annoyed, i would love to get this one, 1gb upload and 1gb download would be awesome.

If anyone is using them or heard of them and has anymore info, i would appreciate it.

Comments

• IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,064
    Forum Member
    Yes of course. They are are excellent. True fibre to the premises and 1Gbit available as a speed option.

They aren't available to most people though, you can get it in a few apartment blocks in London, Liverpool, Cardiff and a couple of other cities I can't remember.
  • DreamRJDreamRJ Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Icaraa wrote: »
    Yes of course. They are are excellent. True fibre to the premises and 1Gbit available as a speed option.

They aren't available to most people though, you can get it in a few apartment blocks in London, Liverpool, Cardiff and a couple of other cities I can't remember.

ok i see, and how can we make them roll out to new areas? and thanks for the info
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,417
    Forum Member
    DreamRJ wrote: »
    ok i see, and how can we make them roll out to new areas? and thanks for the info
    A mate of mine lives in one of the apartment blocks that is potentially getting this. From what he told me someone needs to register an initial interest, then providing the building management are ok with it Hyperoptic will assign a rep to the building and arrange a site survey. This then gives them an idea of if a roll-out is feasible and how many people in the complex will need to register interest for them to proceed. You can view the progress on the main website and see how many more people are needed.

It sounds like a great idea for a communal setup. Even if you don't need the full gig speeds they offer 20mb and 100mb at prices comparable to ADSL from the regular ISPs. Its a shame my development is probably too small for them to consider it since neither Openreach or Virgin appear to be interested :(
  • DreamRJDreamRJ Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    A mate of mine lives in one of the apartment blocks that is potentially getting this. From what he told me someone needs to register an initial interest, then providing the building management are ok with it Hyperoptic will assign a rep to the building and arrange a site survey. This then gives them an idea of if a roll-out is feasible and how many people in the complex will need to register interest for them to proceed. You can view the progress on the main website and see how many more people are needed.

It sounds like a great idea for a communal setup. Even if you don't need the full gig speeds they offer 20mb and 100mb at prices comparable to ADSL from the regular ISPs. Its a shame my development is probably too small for them to consider it since neither Openreach or Virgin appear to be interested :(

ok i see, thanks for the info :)
  • IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,064
    Forum Member
    But I think realistically you have to be in a city they are already present in for that to work. They are probably choosing cities that they know will have a lot of new build apartments in the next few years.