share your creativity......

Comments

• RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    sketcher wrote: »
    I sometimes work as an illustrator. I'm practicing my digital art at the moment using characters from The 100 as inspiration.

http://1milly2.deviantart.com

Did you do those Teddies?

Utterly fantastic! As a Teddy Bear fan, I think they're beautiful.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member

is that a sketchbook you`re keeping? i keep meaning to start a new one.
    Not quite menopausal yet, definitely not a hippy, I don't think I'm mad, and only one cat (so far), but my creativity is explored through baking and cooking. I'd also love to develop skills in interior design.

your bakes are beautiful, you should post some photos.
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    The beginnings of stories that I leave unfinished due to laziness.

i`ve learned to call the unfinished stuff "samples" and "practice" :D.
    Anonimus wrote: »
    Forgot to mention, we're not a;llowed to promote our youtube channels on here (you'll just have to take my word for it) but NEVER let me loose with alcohol, Paintshop Pro ad similar graphic/photo editing software, even when sober.

you`re ok to post a link i`m sure, i`d love to have a listen.
    I especially like the teddy with the cat one

I have soft spot for things like that :blush::blush:

I forgot to say earlier that I like cooking/ baking as well as sketching. I'd love to write a book but that's never going to happen. I love reading all sorts of stuff but especially crime thrillers and the skill of some people is fantastic, I could never write like them.

well that`s a good thing that your style is your own.

Dusty pillow from the litters of my cigarette.
    A Smoked room, ashtray burning with the window open.

Throat excited from the waterfall of liquor.
    A half empty bottle, corkscrew dead with the head attached.

Ears drowning from the waves that beat its drum.
    A speaker rattles, volume turning with the mouse perched beside.

Hand tingling from the touch of its best friend.
    A heart content, time encroaching with the love of someone’s banter.

Sun appearing from the safety of night.
    A day attacks, timetable leering with the bag of time to leave.

I breathe.

(Meh.. The last thing I wrote. I don't particularly think I'm any good an I don't even know much about poetry, but I enjoy it an that's all that matters)

i like this. very descriptive, i might steal something from that for some stitchery if you don`t mind.

edit: i`ll have to attribute the quote to "bastard" :D
  • AnonimusAnonimus Posts: 5,670
    Forum Member
    iyou`re ok to post a link i`m sure, i`d love to have a listen.
    :D

Don't expect anything in the levels of Vangellis, Jean Micheal Jarre, The Beatles or the Street Hawk theme as they weren't done with expensive proffessiional software and gear. I'vedone a few small tunes on it and I'm working on a simulationof graphics done on '80s style 8-bit computers (my emulation of a BBC micro start up's done) and it's a matter of selecting the sequences and with the right phone app (Bitzah from Google Play Store) I can get 8-bit computer graphics style photographs (who said I have to do normal things with photography and photo editing software))?
    Forum Member
    Anonimus wrote: »
    Don't expect anything in the levels of Vangellis, Jean Micheal Jarre, The Beatles or the Street Hawk theme as they weren't done with expensive proffessiional software and gear. I'vedone a few small tunes on it and I'm working on a simulationof graphics done on '80s style 8-bit computers (my emulation of a BBC micro start up's done) and it's a matter of selecting the sequences and with the right phone app (Bitzah from Google Play Store) I can get 8-bit computer graphics style photographs (who said I have to do normal things with photography and photo editing software))?

it`s all good, i like to fiddle with all the music software demos, you can make just as good sounds with free things as bought and often much better - that goes for instruments too..
  • AnonimusAnonimus Posts: 5,670
    Forum Member
    it`s all good, i like to fiddle with all the music software demos, you can make just as good sounds with free things as bought and often much better - that goes for instruments too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP3T8UWJsFI
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    That's beautiful! I'd love to be able to do something like that ...
    ]

Thank you
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    That's rather beautiful.

Thank you to you, too.
    Forum Member
    Fanielle wrote: »
    I've got 4 weeks to go! I find my mind more creative, but in practice, no lol. My poor mum has had a list as long as her arm of things I wanted making (she sews, embroiders and crotchets) - I've got patchwork quilts, cushions, a cot mobile, sleeping bags, changing bags etc that I've envisioned and she's made for me!

sorry, i missed this on the first go round :blush:, i`m with grandchild so am also making baby things :D.

i was big on sewing and knitting in my pregnancies.
    alan29 wrote: »

do you have more please?
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the 2011 thread for anyone one wants to read it http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1485811 Some really impressive pieces in both threads :) Loving the picture of the teddybear and cat!

I wish I had more time for crafts, I would like to start a giant cross stitch of Hogwarts Castle from Harry Potter sometime!
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great idea for a thread, I had been looking on this forum for somewhere for crafters/artistic makes etc.
    Everyone's work is wonderful here!

I started crochet last February and I adore it, I tried knitting but couldn't get going, but this just stuck! I love all kinds of crafty things though and have a few projects on a to do list that I am collecting for. At the minute I am putting together a flower blanket, I have done all 64 squares and now just need to join them together.

Here's some of my crochet makes....

Kira the kanga
    20150301_115808_zpswjweuine.jpg

Lupo the lamb
    20140819_124724_zps4snjpb6b.jpg

Little dog
    20140926_151804_zpsqkpmfjzf.jpg

A couple of happy hippos
    SAM_8399_zpse5c3254b.jpg

SAM_8397_zpsd79f28da.jpg

Not crochet but it's something I did in decorating the house last year, I did a patchwork sort of wallpaper collage on the middle of my doors, I used samples of wallpaper that fit in with my vintage inspired room and I liked.
    20140723_163413_zpsbgzsturj.jpg

20140723_102733_zpseej5l0o8.jpg

My PB is going really slow ATM so I'll leave it there, but I may add some later, I have quite a few crocheted animals that I have done. I also do scarfs and hats, but not any photos of those.
    Forum Member
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    Great idea for a thread, I had been looking on this forum for somewhere for crafters/artistic makes etc.
    Everyone's work is wonderful here!

I started crochet last February and I adore it, I tried knitting but couldn't get going, but this just stuck! I love all kinds of crafty things though and have a few projects on a to do list that I am collecting for. At the minute I am putting together a flower blanket, I have done all 64 squares and now just need to join them together.

super tidy work and i adore your door ♥.

i`ve been crocheting a fair bit too of late, i tend to make a lot of things up as i go along and adapt patterns.

i`ve just finished [bar the weaving and snipping] a double sided string of cdish sized hearts with crocheted flowers in the centre and joined by the same hearts in watermelon and strawberries and cream colours for a child`s room.

too idle to take photos, i might slip out later with some of my makes and my camera.
    Forum Member
    annie24601 wrote: »
    Here is the 2011 thread for anyone one wants to read it http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1485811 Some really impressive pieces in both threads :) Loving the picture of the teddybear and cat!

I wish I had more time for crafts, I would like to start a giant cross stitch of Hogwarts Castle from Harry Potter sometime!

blimey, i forgot that thread.:D
    Forum Member
    does anyone here have any tips for making teacup candles?

i got a huge bag of tea lights for a quid in a charity shop and a collection of vintage and antique glass creamers kicking around doing not much useful. it wouldn`t ruin them right? i can clean them up again with some solvents can i?

also thinking of making some teacup/creamer pin cushions but don`t want to employ a glue gun if that would permanently damage them?

i`ve got them all marked out for my garden later, when i get one.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did draw the curtains last night. Does that count as artistic (I drew them with a flourish if that helps).
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    most people have something creative going on, even if they don`t recognise it.

I'm not too bad at photography, but other than that the 'How be creative handbook' must have got lost in the post.
  • FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone here have any tips for making teacup candles?

i got a huge bag of tea lights for a quid in a charity shop and a collection of vintage and antique glass creamers kicking around doing not much useful. it wouldn`t ruin them right? i can clean them up again with some solvents can i?

also thinking of making some teacup/creamer pin cushions but don`t want to employ a glue gun if that would permanently damage them?

i`ve got them all marked out for my garden later, when i get one.

I have a teacup candle and it's not caused any damage to the cup that I'm aware of just yet. Maybe buy a cheap one from a charity shop and try it out first before using your nice ones. You can buy waxed wicks on eBay for next to nothing and a drop of essential oils in your wax will make some lovely smells. I think the most tasking part will be getting the wax from the tea lights out and melted
  • frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    I create and design textile art items and sell what I make. I also belong to an arts consortium and get involved with exhibitions occasionally. Available time to create/design with two kids means it's quite limited though, I swear as soon as I sit down with my sewing machine and fabric ready to go I get disturbed! Now the kids are back to school today I should hopefully get back on it.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I make jewellery from time to time.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sketcher wrote: »
    I sometimes work as an illustrator. I'm practicing my digital art at the moment using characters from The 100 as inspiration.

http://1milly2.deviantart.com

The digital stuff is really gorgeous.
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    super tidy work and i adore your door ♥.

i`ve been crocheting a fair bit too of late, i tend to make a lot of things up as i go along and adapt patterns.

i`ve just finished [bar the weaving and snipping] a double sided string of cdish sized hearts with crocheted flowers in the centre and joined by the same hearts in watermelon and strawberries and cream colours for a child`s room.

too idle to take photos, i might slip out later with some of my makes and my camera.

Aw thank you. I have to admit I love it too, I have done two, the cupboard and the back of the door and now the rooms all done it looks really great, I changed the handle to crystal too. It was so much fun too!

I love the crochet, I'm not too good at adapting patterns, I tend to follow them on the whole but if there's a mistake made I can usually pick it up by changing!

Oh yes please take some!

Isn't the weaving and sewing things together the worst? Well for me it is anyway, I hate it when everything is all crocheted up and I have to sew all the bits together! :blush:
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to write poetry, it really helps with stress
    When I'm feeling really sad or when my heads a mess
    The rhymes they come quite easily and sometimes really quick
    Which is a tad surprising because I really am quite thick
    There is nothing more rewarding than taking a few words
    Whack em in a sentence and then create a verse
    I know all poems don't have to rhyme but all my do you see
    I'm just too pedantic and a little OCD
    I wrote this in my lunch hour it took about 5 minutes if I'd written it on paper I'd have probably binned it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

your paintings are beautiful :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    The digital stuff is really gorgeous.

Thank you. It's taken me a long time to get round to learning to paint digitally. I'm practicing with the portraits. :)