do you believe the coventry pensioner?

PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
Forum Member
Who claims she won the 113 million but her husband lost the ticket.

I think its a reaction based on the unfounded speculation the ticket was bought in Coventry but basically I dont believe her.

Comments

• stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really care, but I'm finding your obsession fascinating.
  • PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    Fascinating??Pardon??!!!!:confused::eek::):)
  • sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    Of course I don't believe her.

I just happen to be posting whilst sifting through a Coventry dump.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fascinating??Pardon??!!!!:confused::eek::):)

As in "it fascinates me". It's interesting to see what people can become obsessed with.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    sadoldbird wrote: »
    Of course I don't believe her.

I just happen to be posting whilst sifting through a Coventry dump.

:D:D:D
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I'm doubting if she is from Coventry or even if she is a pensioner.

It's been keeping me sleepless :p:D
    Forum Member
    I find it fascinating that people think they can try it on like this-If it wasnt for the Coventry rumour this would never have happened!She must think Camelot are fools!:D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i guess she'll have the last laugh if she can provide camelot with enough information about where and when she bought the ticket.

they will pay out without one, providing you can say where, when and roughly what time you bought your ticket.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be hilarious if when Camelot announces the area & it's not Coventry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look... Over 1000 people(!) have submitted written claims to Camelot, saying they are the possible winner :rolleyes:

(link)
    Camelot confirmed that more than 1,000 people had written to lodge a claim
    Forum Member
    I think they should be charged with trying to obtain money by deception/fraud!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they can't all have won... :eek:

I agree they should be charged with attempting to defraud.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long do they leave it before it goes back in the fund?
    Forum Member
    180 days
    Forum Member
    If she has lied she should be publicly named and shamed
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you got a lotto fetish or something? llol.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but it is my understanding that you need the winning ticket to claim.

You can have all the dates, times, cctv footage you want, you can could even have a high resolution scan of the ticket with barcode and serial number, but unless you have the original, you get nothing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100% true. She wrote the winning numbers in a book and everything.
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about all these cctv's we pay for, Who walked in there at the time the winning ticket was bought?

Must admit the shop is in the papers, but only she could remember the time & day it was bought. She could be telling the truth, and no one else has the ticket.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but it is my understanding that you need the winning ticket to claim.

You can have all the dates, times, cctv footage you want, you can could even have a high resolution scan of the ticket with barcode and serial number, but unless you have the original, you get nothing.

As far as I know it is at their discretion, but they might pay out if you can prove when/where your brought your ticket.
    If you know the place and time that you bought the tickets then there's a possibility that the lottery operator will pay out on lost tickets. However, you will see from the rules below that they are under no obligation to do so.

Your case will be strengthened if you know the numbers on the lost ticket (say you always play the same numbers), and/or if you know other items that you bought at the saem time as the tickets.

http://www.lottery.co.uk/info/lost-ticket.asp
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe the OP saw the necessity to start another thread when there is already a well established one discussing the draw and the potential claimants to the prize.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I once accidently threw away a winning ticket. It was a syndicate from my work and it had several winning lines on it. I got the money after 180 days.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Just heard on Central News that Camelot has paid out money and (not 100% sure) they think it was from the Spar shop in Coventry.

Maybe the winner was Mary Bale (Coventry woman who put cat in bin). I believe she's not working at the bank any more! That win would help to pay off her fine for animal cruelty that she got yesterday.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think they should pay out if you don't provide the ticket, although I believe they have in the past if people have provided enough evidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just heard on the radio she'd drowned in a sea of public indifference.