Options

Disturbing video of NYC workers destroying 13 year old 4WD by force.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
Forum Member
✭✭
Strong language.

Fascist automaton city workers destroy all that stand in their way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy behind the camera sounds like a bell end.

What's with the fascist automation city workers? you're not by any chance related to Stud U Like?
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly "destroy".

And the poster above is right, the guy with the camera is a complete t*sser. Shame it wasn't his car.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was trying to get the snow plough out, hardly touched the car:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gotta love all the threats of people calling for lawyers from the people watching up on the rooftops :rolleyes::D

"nobody leaves here until i get a police report, this is ridiculous!" :D
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    He was trying to get the snow plough out, hardly touched the car:confused::confused::confused:

So if someone came round smashed in your back lights smashed in the rear end and shattered your back window - you would say oh you have hardly touched it.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    The guy behind the camera sounds like a bell end.

What's with the fascist automation city workers? you're not by any chance related to Stud U Like?

Yeah, I'm not sure when dumb and fascist became interchangeable either.

I like how they decided to park right across a junction after getting the digger out. :D

And what's with the knob with the camera, it wasn't even his car! He's a heart attack waiting to happen if he gets that riled at everything.
  • Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Hardly "destroy".

And the poster above is right, the guy with the camera is a complete t*sser. Shame it wasn't his car.:(

Um did you watch, the very heavy plow repeatedly mashed into the side of the suv, major body damage, if not bending the frame, in any case the repeated pounding from such a heavy object might have caused enough to total the vehicle.

The incompetence continued long after the drivers should have figured out something was wrong, a single bump or two you might forgive, but he mashed into that suv over and over...even when his cab windows were right along side..no way he didn't see. Viewing conditions were clear, it wasn't a white out or anything. No excuses, so yes the camera man was upset seeing such incompetence.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    And what's with the knob with the camera, it wasn't even his car! He's a heart attack waiting to happen if he gets that riled at everything.

You've never met a New Yorker, have you?:D

A few weeks ago a friend of mine (Canadian, like me) was telling me about something that happened to him during a trip to New York. He ordered a hot dog at a stand on the street, and he told the vendor that he didn't want any relish on it. The guy standing behind him in the queue overhears him and says, "What! No relish! C'mon, buddy, ya gotta have relish on your dog." My friend says, "No, it's okay, I'm not too fond of relish." Queue guy replies: "Get outta here!? You're not from around here, are ya? Ya can't eat a New York hot dog without relish on it." Then the fellow turns around and addresses other people milling about: "Hey! We gotta a guy here, from outta town, who doesn't want relish on his hot dog!" Somebody then shouts at my friend: "No way! No relish? New York dogs have relish, pal!" At this point my friend is stunned, and a little bit frightened, so he relents. He tells the vendor that he'll have relish on his hot dog. People around him cheer and pat him on the back.:) "That's what New Yorkers are like," my friend noted in concluding his story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Smashing a 4WD by force? You mean you can't kill it with kindness?
  • Options
    indiadog1indiadog1 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »

A few weeks ago a friend of mine (Canadian, like me) was telling me about something that happened to him during a trip to New York. He ordered a hot dog at a stand on the street, and he told the vendor that he didn't want any relish on it. The guy standing behind him in the queue overhears him and says, "What! No relish! C'mon, buddy, ya gotta have relish on your dog." My friend says, "No, it's okay, I'm not too fond of relish." Queue guy replies: "Get outta here!? You're not from around here, are ya? Ya can't eat a New York hot dog without relish on it." Then the fellow turns around and addresses other people milling about: "Hey! We gotta a guy here, from outta town, who doesn't want relish on his hot dog!" Somebody then shouts at my friend: "No way! No relish? New York dogs have relish, pal!" At this point my friend is stunned, and a little bit frightened, so he relents. He tells the vendor that he'll have relish on his hot dog. People around him cheer and pat him on the back.:) "That's what New Yorkers are like," my friend noted in concluding his story.

Yeh similar experience, they can be quite over the top like they are performing in a hollywood film!. New Yorkers are only decendants of the wild west, run out of their mining towns for being rough and common!;)
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indiadog1 wrote: »
    Yeh similar experience, they can be quite over the top like they are performing in a hollywood film!. New Yorkers are only decendants of the wild west, run out of their mining towns for being rough and common!;)

Er yeah ok. :rolleyes: Funnily enough if you spoke like that about some countries and cities you'd be labelled a bigot or a racist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nice anecdote and use of stereotypes, but then you're a canuck.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Sentenza wrote: »
    So if someone came round smashed in your back lights smashed in the rear end and shattered your back window - you would say oh you have hardly touched it.

No, but I'd be pretty understanding if it was city workers trying to get out a snow plough in one of the worst snow storms in years. It's only minor damage and their insurance will cover it. Their priority is (rightly) getting the roads clear for the majority, not keeping one car scratch-free.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That kind of reminds me of a guy who visited Scotland and on the train a Scots guy asks him if he wants a drink. When he refused, the Scottish guy says to him, "Are you refusing my hospitality, Jimmy ? Here, drink, or I'll ram it down your F****** throat" !!! :eek:

Aggressive friendliness
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    They could get a job with our local council? A moron zoomed along our road with a bull-dozer, drove HALF way across my front garden, and deposited a three foot snowdrift in front of my window. Fortunately I'm "low-maint", but I still paid a few thousand for landscaping, this last Summer. But he COULD have destroyed plants, paving etc. under the snow. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Loud-mouthed idiots who like the sound of their own voice too much? Not all of them, thank goodness. :D The one holding the camera seems to have his brain stuck just before the "need to get a grip" stage - what did people say before "Oh my God" and "Are you f-ing kidding me?" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice anecdote and use of stereotypes, but then you're a canuck.

When people over and over again fit a certain stereotype, what is one to do? Ignore it? That anecdote is about something that happened to my friend, like I said, but I have no reason to believe he made up it up. I can say that I have never met a New Yorker who DIDN'T fit the stereotype of "intense" and bold as brass. In the case of American white Southerners, however, EVERY white Southerner I have ever met has been FAR different than the stereotype of "racist and dumb." Frankly, "intense and bold as brass" isn't THAT bad a thing, is it? Far better to have people say that about the people where you live than "racist and dumb."

And "Canuck" IS a nick-name for Canadians, so what's your point? I certainly don't object to the name.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Er yeah ok. :rolleyes: Funnily enough if you spoke like that about some countries and cities you'd be labelled a bigot or a racist.

Certainly uninformed. What has the Wild West got to do with New York?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't argue with that conclusion.
  • Options
    GonerilGoneril Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When people over and over again fit a certain stereotype, what is one to do? Ignore it? That anecdote is about something that happened to my friend, like I said, but I have no reason to believe he made up it up. I can say that I have never met a New Yorker who DIDN'T fit the stereotype of "intense" and bold as brass. In the case of American white Southerners, however, EVERY white Southerner I have ever met has been FAR different than the stereotype of "racist and dumb." Frankly, "intense and bold as brass" isn't THAT bad a thing, is it? Far better to have people say that about the people where you live than "racist and dumb."

And "Canuck" IS a nick-name for Canadians, so what's your point? I certainly don't object to the name.

Now, if everyone responded like this^ then we really would have a great forum for debating....rather than the usual decent into name calling and petty snide remarks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Loud-mouthed idiots who like the sound of their own voice too much? Not all of them, thank goodness. :D The one holding the camera seems to have his brain stuck just before the "need to get a grip" stage - what did people say before "Oh my God" and "Are you f-ing kidding me?" :D
    Heheh. One wonders? I guess it's his way of "dealing with anxiety". <G> Moreover, re. something that doesn't DIRECTLY effect him anyway? A bit like DS, in that sense? I suspect everyone is happy... except the poor s*d who owns (owned?) the 4WD. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nitpick wrote: »
    I suspect everyone is happy... except the poor s*d who owns (owned?) the 4WD. :o

Actually, the vehicle belonged to one of the departments of the city government. So it is public property and no individual is likely to be too distressed by the damage -- not counting the guy who shot the video.:D
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'll be paying to repair the car in front as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That 13 year old knew some tricks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know Canuck is a nickname for Canadians. That's why i used it. What's my point? My point is, someone posts a video and you use it as an opportunity to label every New Yorker based upon your own personal experiences about a damn hot dog seller. It's dumb and it's bigoted. That's my point.