Options

will c4 bb ever be repeated on uktv again?

biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
Forum Member
or is destiny to be locked up in archives forever never to be seen again only clips on those crappy tv of the 00s type shows.

Comments

• Options
    Jungle CatsJungle Cats Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whole series are available on youtube - I recently watched BB5 again.

but no they will never be repeated on TV
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is a pity that with all of c4 channels and time to fill they don't
    but..
    as c5 showed, repeats of other things pull in more viewers and c4's nbr 1 job is to maximise eyeballs at all times...
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but..
    as c5 showed, repeats of other things pull in more viewers and c4's nbr 1 job is to maximise eyeballs at all times...

It's because of the public vote element. They probably wouldn't see it as much of an event given that the decisions have already been made and broadcast.

I would rather like to see them repeat BB1, however.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but..

It could be Endemol that have the power to decide whether or not these get repeated again or not. I think the episodes would stand a far better chance ending up on DVD than being shown on TV. I'd definitely buy a DVD/Blu-Ray box set if they released on for this show.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    It's because of the public vote element. They probably wouldn't see it as much of an event given that the decisions have already been made and broadcast.

I would rather like to see them repeat BB1, however.

It could be watched for nostalgia reasons.
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whole series are available on youtube - I recently watched BB5 again.

but no they will never be repeated on TV

Christ on a bike - I thought this thread was a joke!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

why?

IMO BB5 was the best series
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's like saying would X Factor 2007 ever be repeated, why on earth would you think a show of this nature would be?! :confused:
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some of can't stand watching Big Bore on Channel 5 so we watch the old superior Channel 4 series on YouTube.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be interesting to see what ratings an old C4 BB could get on say Challenge TV for example. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's like saying would X Factor 2007 ever be repeated, why on earth would you think a show of this nature would be?! :confused:

Well that might be as well. You can watch any number of ancient episodes of Supermarket Sweep or other game/ quiz shows. Big Brother might find its niche on an oldies cable channel.

The only disadvantage I can think of is that they have had some dodgy moments that they might not want re-shown; ofcom have occasionally found against them, and I am not sure what the situation is re. repeating a show that has been censured in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    Some of can't stand watching Big Bore on Channel 5 so we watch the old superior Channel 4 series on YouTube.

exactly. it's very snobbish to deride those of us who wish to re-view classic series