Elder Scrolls Online (ESO)

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking it a bit more now. Wish I could say why without getting wrong from DS :o!
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I'm liking it a bit more now. Wish I could say why without getting wrong from DS :o!

It's not DS that has anything to do with it, it's the NDA you agreed to when you signed up for the beta testing :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    It's not DS that has anything to do with it, it's the NDA you agreed to when you signed up for the beta testing :)

lol, I know. However, posting stuff on DS which is protected by NDA will get me banned, or at the very least a warning ;)
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I wont talk about the beta ;).

This game falls between two stools and will end up pleasing neither.

So you have the ES fans who have played the previous single player games and in ESO get to play with the MMO crowd and vice versa.

Problem is immersion is destroyed for the ES fans as they watch every mob in the land mown down by the mmo'ers steam rollering the content, swamping the quest givers and generally getting in the way.

On the other hand you have the mmo'ers who just cant understand why half the server want to be on their own and don't like it when they "help" kill their mobs.

It has all pretty much been seen before and in no way justifies a monthly sub.....

The graphics on max are pretty meh I suspect.

Obviously as the wannabee forum police seem to be out in force in this thread - my above comments are a total guess and in no way based on the current beta......
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't like it, got bored.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RedSnapper wrote: »

Problem is immersion is destroyed for the ES fans as they watch every mob in the land mown down by the mmo'ers steam rollering the content, swamping the quest givers and generally getting in the way.

The servers are "smart". I forgot the term they are using, but each area is capped at a certain number so that zones don't see over crowded but are still "full". So in theory, we shouldn't have any probably with people swamping quest givers.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I wont talk about the beta ;).

This game falls between two stools and will end up pleasing neither.

So you have the ES fans who have played the previous single player games and in ESO get to play with the MMO crowd and vice versa.

On the other hand you have the mmo'ers who just cant understand why half the server want to be on their own and don't like it when they "help" kill their mobs.

It has all pretty much been seen before and in no way justifies a monthly sub.....

The graphics on max are pretty meh I suspect.

Obviously as the wannabee forum police seem to be out in force in this thread - my above comments are a total guess and in no way based on the current beta......

Ouch. If I'd have played it I would agree with the bib but I haven't so I can't; I have heard that the graphics are friggin' awesome however :o:p
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played it a ton over the weekend, and I didn't come across a mob of people attacking the same thing. Three of four people at the most. I'm a big ES fan, but I'm also a massive MMO player. I think they've done pretty well with putting the two together.

ES series has a massive fan base, so you're not going to please them all. But I'm really looking forward to the release of this game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing to do with being wannabe forum police, more a case of pointing out that Digital Spy had nothing to do with anyone getting into trouble if they posted information from an NDA beta.
    I played it a ton over the weekend, and I didn't come across a mob of people attacking the same thing. Three of four people at the most. I'm a big ES fan, but I'm also a massive MMO player. I think they've done pretty well with putting the two together.

ES series has a massive fan base, so you're not going to please them all. But I'm really looking forward to the release of this game.

My experiences would mirror yours SilverCrown besides which most MMOs have evolved to the stage that any mob which generates a quest item can be "tagged" by multiple people who all receive the same xp and quest related drops.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that beta weekend it certainly looked playable. It looked to me as if they were trying to bring Skyrim players into ESO rather than convert MMO players. I think there is a risk that it fails to satisfy both the single players who want storyline depth and the MMO players who want complex repeatable multiplayer content. I suppose it all depends upon the end game and other things we didn't see in the beta.
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You only have to check the beat forums to see the problem (cant now they are closed)

Including the long thread suggesting there should be an offline mode........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Nothing to do with being wannabe forum police, more a case of pointing out that Digital Spy had nothing to do with anyone getting into trouble if they posted information from an NDA beta.

and I never said they were. However, if I decided to post stuff protected by NDA here, then DS would be forced to act ;-) It was a misunderstanding. There was no forum police :D!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    So they are locking the Imperial race behind a paywall for an extra £40 upfront..

Well that saved me money on this game, will stick with Skyrim :)
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Kuldiin wrote: »
    So they are locking the Imperial race behind a paywall for an extra £40 upfront..

Well that saved me money on this game, will stick with Skyrim :)

still a bit OTT but isn't it a £20 difference between the standard edition and the imperial ?

quite common for games that release a standard and a "deluxe" edition I think
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes £50 and £70 respectively. Pretty steep.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    still a bit OTT but isn't it a £20 difference between the standard edition and the imperial ?

quite common for games that release a standard and a "deluxe" edition I think

It's £20 difference yes which is pretty standard for a Collector's Edition upgrade if not a little cheaper than they can be. I think there was about £30 difference between the vanilla WoW and Collector's Edition box sets and the boxed SWtOR Collector's Edition was £120. Boxed Collector's Editions are always more expensive than their digital versions because they include actual items as well as in game ones.
    I've got boxed Collector's Editions for vanilla WoW, City of Villains, Warhammer and Rift and they all come with things which, imo, make it worthwhile buying it - ie music CDs, artwork books, statues, maps etc. With SWtOR, they also offered a digital upgrade to the Collector's Edition, same with Rift (from memory) and I expect tESO will do the same with a digital upgrade to purchase the Imperials.

There are already cheaper versions available online. My OH has bought me the boxed normal pre-order from Amazon for £39.99 and he's paid £54.99 for his digital Collector's Edition of ESO from GreenManGaming.com as it had a special discount running last weekend and he got 25% discount as he's bought from there before.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get an invite for BETA
    but hope this is going to fill the void WOW has left.
    Vanilla player I just hate the direction the Game has taken so finally Quit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next beta is on Friday!
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    got my invite for this weekend :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same :)
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member

I hope people who took part in the last beta can also play again.

I didn't get much of a chance to play it last time and I want to give it a decent play.

Edit; Just checked my E-mail and I have an invite to this weekend. :D
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone didn't get one, Curse are giving away 500,000 .. open to normal members tomorrow:

http://www.curse.com/news/the-elder-scrolls-online/49348-grab-your-exclusive-beta-key-for-the-elder-scrolls
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Dipping again this weekend. Anyone joining me? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    Dipping again this weekend. Anyone joining me? :)

Oh yes :)
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Jolly good :)
    Went live a couple of hours early last time.