Which shops do you refuse to step foot in?

Comments

• Dixie Scott 106Dixie Scott 106 Posts: 11,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    You may as well just heat up a frozen sausage roll or pie at home... It's all they do.

I wonder how many proper bakers have closed because of this place?

Not quite right, they also sell cakes, fruit drinks, breakfast rolls, coffees.

Greggs is a proper bakery
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Not quite right, they also sell cakes, fruit drinks, breakfast rolls, coffees.

Greggs is a proper bakery

Honestly? Is this correct?

I've yet to see a Greggs with a "proper" area for actually mixing, proving and baking bread.

Proper bakery? No, it isn't.
  • a_c_g_ta_c_g_t Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disney Stores
    Starbucks
    Costa Coffee
    Any Private Bookshop "nudge nudge, wink wink"
  • Dixie Scott 106Dixie Scott 106 Posts: 11,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a_c_g_t wrote: »
    Disney Stores
    Starbucks
    Costa Coffee
    Any Private Bookshop "nudge nudge, wink wink"

Whats wrong with Costa Coffee, I love the place
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Here are a few you won't catch me in:

ASDA - I am not a chav and don't like to slap my back pocket like a prat

Morrisons - do they ever have anything you want in stock?

Co-op - Home of the living dead

Dixons (now called Curry Digital) - the world's most clueless shop staff. Do they actually train their staff on what they are selling?

Matalan - I like my things to last longer than 3 weeks before falling apart

Any others to add to the list?

I don't do these things and I go to ASDA...
  • FraserGJFraserGJ Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Honestly? Is this correct?

I've yet to see a Greggs with a "proper" area for actually mixing, proving and baking bread.

Proper bakery? No, it isn't.

Yes it is, all the Greggs branches in my local area make their own bread, pasties etc. It is the same as a supermarket bakery in that respect.

A couple of times they've even gone to the oven for a sausage roll if there are none left.

In answer to OP's question:

Happy to go in almost any shop but not fan of KFC, furniture shops get on my nerves or anywhere you are chased around by sales people
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Jewelry shops/furniture shops/mobile phone shops - any shop where the staff hound you as soon as you walk in. If I want something, I'll ask about it. I do not want or need people mithering me when I'm trying to browse. Grr.
    (The only exception to this is Lush, but that's because I really like their stuff, and most of the staff know me by sight now and know not to approach me.)

TK Maxx - it just resembles a jumble sale to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    PC World or Vodafone

As soon as you walk in they ask if your buying for Business or Personal. If its the latter your probably going to have to wait for an hour or two before anyone will speak to you
  • BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Original Factory Shop. Full of tat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Russel and Bromley - I got some really bad sales advice there once from an arrogant **** who was determined to sell me shoes a size smaller than I normally get.

Dixons - idiots.Are they bankrupt yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pound Shops
    Primark
    Fast food shops:)
    Top Shop
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debenhams - not for moral reasons (they have some nice clothes!) however they rudely put the blooming perfume counter at the entrance of all of their shops. I'm quite allergic to most perfumes, just standing outside can give me symptoms similar to hay fever. Goes for a lot of Boots shops as well actually.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I second Gregs.

Aldi
    Lidl
    Morrisons
    Argos
    Top whatever
    Bon Marche
    Peacocks
    WHS
  • Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Here are a few you won't catch me in:

ASDA - I am not a chav and don't like to slap my back pocket like a prat

Morrisons - do they ever have anything you want in stock?

Co-op - Home of the living dead

Dixons (now called Curry Digital) - the world's most clueless shop staff. Do they actually train their staff on what they are selling?

Matalan - I like my things to last longer than 3 weeks before falling apart

Any others to add to the list?

The pound shops. Don't see the point of buying cheap tat. I prefer something a bit better quality that will last longer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Farm foods, yuk :(
  • Fancy pantsFancy pants Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TKMaxx
    Farm foods
    Argos
    Bonmarche
    Matalan
    Lidl
    Game
    Roman Originals
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only shops I won't go into are some in Gran Canaria which have blacked out windows and doubt they sell anything I need:eek:, in terms of the UK there are shops I very very rarely use like Starbucks or Costa but that doesn't mean I'd never set foot in them.

I got some thermal base layers in Primark last year, great stuff, cheap as chips and kept the cold out. Yes they like most retailers buy cheap from India where your shoes and clothing are made by youngsters but then I think working in a factory better than a life of prostitution which would often be the alternative if we all went 'right on' and stopped buying. Have a look where your nice trainers and bits and bobs are made, where your winter 'The North Face' duvet jacket is made, India, China, Vietnam et al.
  • rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    I second Gregs.

Aldi
    Lidl
    Morrisons
    Argos
    Top whatever
    Bon Marche
    Peacocks
    WHS

You may prefer this one :Dhttp://www.lebonmarche.com/
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    I will go into any shop BUT if I am attacked as soon as I get through the door with "Can I help you" .. I walk straight out.

But it does not mean that I buy from any shop :D
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any individual store that has short-changed me.

Any Tesco.
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carphone Warehouse is about the only one that springs to mind - terrible company to deal with, and even harder to get away from at the end of a contract.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pault2006 wrote: »
    I'm from Cambridge. :)

There's a designer clothes shop called Guilio in a road called King's Street and when I used to go in there, the staff were all over me after about 5 seconds.

I hate going into designer clothes shops. The staff expect you to make a £100 purchase after about 10 seconds!

Me to. I had a browse round there and the staff would not leave me alone. Also went into Levi's and picked up a top I liked, the staff member took it from me and put it behind the till, for some reason that really got on my nerves so I have not been back.

Lush to, again there staff just do bit seem to know the meaning if the word just browsing, and the smell nearly made me pass out.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't refuse to go into any shop. If there's something I need I will just go in and get it.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Feel free to call me snobbish, but

Lidl
    ASDA
    Primark

are the only ones that spring to mind
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louisa320 wrote: »
    Ann Summers is a great shop, lots of nice sexy little numbers to browse through! Well, for me anyway :D

P.S. I occasionally purchase too :p

ugh..