[GAME] The Vs Factor 4 | Live Show #7

jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Welcome back to The Vs Factor!

Tonight is our Semi-Final, and helpfully my laptop has decided to not load any we pages so we're coming live from my iPhone!

Please welcome the Final Four:

noonan15 and the boys
Matt Cardle
Whenua Patuwai

Arran_Dempster and the girls
Lucie Jones

pingu58011 and the over 25s
Pyke Pos

Due to the technical issues, I am going to post all performances at once, like last week, then the judges will post all of their comments. Lines will then open and you are free to vote until 9pm.

Comments

• jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Culture Shuffle
    1 Girls Lucie Jones Already Home (Anabel Fay)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCisFQhN1wg

2 Boys Matt Cardle Bloodstained Heart (Darren Hayes)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZlFIKYIegg

3 Over 25s Pyke Pos Clockwork (Douglas Dare)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKaTi4yHMQU

4 Boys Whenua Patuwai Make Love To Me (Luke James)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkt7fEA1cQE

Get Me To The Final
    5 Girls Lucie Jones Bandit (Elena Coats)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyKb2YJPGrA

6 Boys Matt Cardle Chasing Shadows (Frankmusik)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y7imF_OHjg

7 Over 25s Pyke Pos When We’re Fire (Lo-Fang)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-FLcJ4ASvU

8 Boys Whenua Patuwai Towers of Tokyo (Elijah Blake)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMb-PcR8Xdw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom's comments

The Culture Shuffle

Lucie Jones
    Lucie, finally!!!!! I get to hear your stunning vocals; this is what I have been looking for since week 1!!!! I am so happy with you tonight, excellent; I hope you keep up this standard in the next round! Well done!!!!

Matt Cardle
    MATT!! I am so proud to be your mentor, I really really am! I am so happy with you, your falsetto there was beautiful, and you are just an incredible singer! I cannot wait for the next round!!!

Pyke Pos
    Pyke, a very eerie performance tonight, not the best I have heard from you but still very good nevertheless! You are an artist I wouldn’t normally listen to but I do look forward to your performance each week, so you are obviously very gripping! Best of luck in the next round mate!

Whenua Patuwai
    Whanua, we decided to go a bit more RNB here, show off your vocals a little bit more! And I am so proud of you, each week you come out and kick some major arse! I am so happy and cannot wait to see your second performance as I know it is amazing!

Get Me To The Final

Lucie Jones
    Lucie, very very nice indeed!!! You have really impressed me tonight, you really have, the past few weeks you haven’t always been very memorable, but tonight you have kicked some arse! Very well done! Best of luck in the voting!

Matt Cardle
    *standing ovation* Matt, that was absolutely beautiful! I am so proud of you, oh my god! I just pray the public get behind you and vote you into the final because you most certainly deserve it!

Pyke Pos
    Pyke, that was nice! I personally don’t feel as happy with you as I have been in previous nights, that being said, you haven’t been bad so please don’t take it the wrong way! You have performed well just not as well as you have done in the past! Best of luck tonight!

Whenua Patuwai
    *standing ovation* WOOOO! THE SOUL MAN IS IN THE HOUSE!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!! Your vocals are just stunning! You poured your heart and soul into that, I am so proud!!!! I really pray the public get behind you and vote you into the final!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu's comments

The Culture Shuffle

Lucie Jones
    YES!!!! I absolutely love Annabel Fay and her amazing voice. This suited you perfectly. Last week I was so dissapointed and so much that I actually wanted you through over Niki (Don't tell her I said that). This really was great Your vocals were just gorgeous and yeah, great job! If your next performance is as good as this, then I have no doubt that you'll be in the final!!!

Matt Cardle
    Meh is what I thought of that performance I'm afraid Matt. I thought it was pretty lazy of your mentor using Darren Hayes who I used just a few weeks ago for James. Now I thought some parts of this suited you like the higher pitched bits but the low parts were just a bit too rocky and not like you. I hope you can bring it back with your 2nd performance!!!

Pyke Pos
    *Standing Ovation*

Ohhh Pyke, that was just beautiful It was so simple but soooooooo effective. Your vocals were just amazing as always but what really got me was the emotion. I felt every single word that you sang and it really was just a magical. Everything about it was just out of this world. As I have said before I absolutely adore mentoring you and finding songs that really suit you. This was just perfect for you and I know that you have another great performance coming up!!!

Whenua Patuwai
    Whenua I liked that you showed a different side, but I don't know if this was right. Some parts sounded like you but most parts were too RnB sounding and the vocals weren't soulful enough for you through most parts and I just think it led to being a not very good performance. Last week you really got back into your stride but this felt like another step back. I hope you can bring it back!!!

Get Me To The Final

Lucie Jones
    Lucie I liked your first performance, but I absolutely loved this. This was just an amazing choice. It suited your voice very well and it had that youthfulness which is what you are all about. Your vocals were great as always and I think you have definitely proved your place in this competition. Well done Lucie and I will be very shocked if you are not here in the final. Well done and good luck!!!

Matt Cardle
    Matt, this suited you a lot more than the first song choice. Even though I am seeing Frankmusik used, I thought this suited you really well and it actually felt very anthemetic and like a winners song and definitely something i could see you getting a number 1 single. It showed off all your ranges and yeah, it was a pretty good choice. Well done Tom and I think you have just brought it back for yourself. You have been amazing in this competition and I wish you the best of luck!!!

Pyke Pos
    *Standing Ovation*

Oh my god Pyke!!!!! That for me was the performance of the evening. I absolutely love that. When I came across the song, I just knew it would be perfect for you and it was. Your vocals were flawless and you showed off all your ranges. I loved the higher range the best. As I said, I absolutely adore mentoring you and you have been one of the most interesting acts I have ever mentored. You have been by far one of the most consistent acts in this competition. In fact, I don't think you have had a single negative reception? Once again you wowed me and I will be soooooooooooooooooooooo angry if you don't make it to the final because you 100% deserve it. Everyone please vote for Pyke!!!

Whenua Patuwai
    *Standing Ovation*

Whenua!!!! This was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than your first performance. It had the soulfulness and the amazing vocals and just everything suited you perfectly. For me, that was by far your best performance in this competition. You should know it's good because whenever I am amazed by a performance, I always type really fast and guess what I am doing right now? I think you may have just saved yourself. Well done and amazing job Tom!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With that, LINES ARE NOW OPEN and will close at 9pm
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Pyke and Whenuai basically stole the show tonight both had one epic and one good performance :D

Matt and Lucie were a bit meh compared to them for me :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Pyke and Whenuai basically stole the show tonight both had one epic and one good performance :D

Matt and Lucie were a bit meh compared to them for me :(

Thanks Jakk. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lines have now closed and I am about to reveal which act has the fewest votes, and is going to be sent home now...

Tom with his boys: Matt and Whenua,
    Arran and his last girl: Lucie
    Pingu and his last over 25: Pyke.

The act with the fewest votes and leaving in 4th place is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MATT CARDLE
    Commiserations to Matt, who leaves in 4th place.

But that leaves us with Whenua, Lucie and Pyke in next weeks final!

The final will be held on Sunday 27th July at 7pm with the following themes:

1. Free Choice
    2. Celebrity Duet
    3. Favourite Performance (top 2)
    4. Winner's Song (top 2)

Good luck and get looking ;)
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted to lose Matt! But onwards and upwards with Whenua!!
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much for voting Pyke!!! :D

However, comiserations to Matt and Tom.:(

It just goes to show, one bad night, and you're out. I'm sure you did this with Dami last series didn't you? :p
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted to have missed tonight's show...commiserations to Matt. :(

Pyke or Lucie to win in the end, though. :)
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Pyke or Lucie to win in the end, though. :)

Thanks. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Due to some scheduling conflicts, the Final will now take place on Monday 28th July at 7pm.

Also, I still need Arran and Tom's song choices.
    Forum Member
    When will the show begin?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    When will the show begin?
    In the thread right now :)