'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 257)

Comments

• elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and they invite the entire WFCTGIO thread to join them :D

This!! :cool: :D

Yeah I totally agree! When Zainab reconciled her differences with Syed and then Christian, Masood was always this figure in the background who was like "Oh, you forgive them now? OK, me too." I think EE got a lot of negative feedback when Masood lost his Mr Nice Guy image so they're trying to bring it back by pretending Masood only treated Chryed the way he did because he was trying to please Zainab or something, but this quite clearly wasn't the case. He's never been as loving towards Syed as he is towards Tam and Kamil. We haven't forgotten, TPTB! I really want to see some scenes between Syed and Masood where they explore the father-son relationship and show how Masood really feels about his son and why he reacted the way he did, but I suppose we'll never see that now :(

Alice is in her early 20s I think :) My brother is 17 and doesn't drink though, so some teenagers don't.

Totally agree! We really, really need especially Masood/Syed, but also Masood/Christian scenes!
  • jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Random Fact:

I now want a scene where Zainab says lol or yolo.

YOLO! :cool:
  • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. All the time through Tam and Masood scenes I was just thinking....where was your support and love and care when Syed was going through awful times.....answer, no where. He's disowned him more than once without even a backward glance. Seriously frustrating how little they have explored their relationship. I get the feeling Masood was jealous of Syed when he came along, new wife's attention all on Syed instead of him....and Zainab put Syed on a pedestal and Masood always just seemed to be waiting for him to fall. I do think he loves Syed but he hardly ever shows it. I mean Syed nearly dies because of Masood (ABRC) and all Masood can muster is a phone call to the hospital...pathetic. And yes, I'll never forget the cruel, cold way he treated Christian, telling him about the pregnany, after the attack....they might try and paint Masood as the jolly postman but he has a really cruel steak too.
    I do love the character because Nitin plays him so well, and he does have lots of good points too. But the bad points shouldn't be swept under the carpet and we should see Masood on screen with Chryed, see those relationships develop and grow

Brilliant post and I totally agree. :)
  • MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    towers wrote: »
    I don't think it's just that, Masood told Zainab back in 2009 - before he knew anything about Syed being gay - that "I always did take second billing" which means Masood has always had issues with Syed. It's a subject I'd like to see brought up again but who knows if it ever will be.

Yeah, you're right :) When Syed first arrived in the show, Zainab was the one to forgive him and Masood look much longer to, and there was also that scene where Masood told Syed he was proud of him and syed said "You've never said that to me before." (:cry:)

There's so much unexplored ground in their relationship and yet it's constantly swept under the rug in favour of screentime for other families :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening:)

Cute little scene with Christian and Amy. He's had his arms full this week! Christian came across well, taking the situation seriously and doing the responsible/right thing.

I really didn't like the scene with Masood and Tamwar. The screwing up the eyes thing was too much, it went on for too long and to me took away the seriousness/emotional impact of the initial reactions to Tamfia's split. I know sometimes it works to throw a little humour into situations like this, if I wasn't laughing I'd be crying kind of thing. But in this case I don't think it worked at all and in a way just highlighted how Tamfia haven't been given the importance and weight of storytelling they should have. Though I did notice at the end that it was a Povey ep, so that probably explains a lot:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Aw, i love seeing them together. :)

Yep, their relationship is such a contrast to Masood's and Syed's. I wish tptb would explore it more, it tends to get overlooked in favour of Zainab's relationship with Syed.

BIB: I do too...it is a gift of a storyline and a natural progression in their relationship. There has always been tension between them (more from Masood than Syed) and that doesn't go away over night. They could easily start it off around this football thing, but I fear that will be more about the viewers guessing which one of the players Kat is getting off with (it better not be Syed:eek: - You know what these soaps are like! Who knew stacey killed Archie?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lovesy wrote: »

Cute little scene with Christian and Amy. He's had his arms full this week! Christian came across well, taking the situation seriously and doing the responsible/right thing.

I really didn't like the scene with Masood and Tamwar. The screwing up the eyes thing was too much, it went on for too long and to me took away the seriousness/emotional impact of the initial reactions to Tamfia's split. I know sometimes it works to throw a little humour into situations like this, if I wasn't laughing I'd be crying kind of thing. But in this case I don't think it worked at all and in a way just highlighted how Tamfia haven't been given the importance and weight of storytelling they should have. Though I did notice at the end that it was a Povey ep, so that probably explains a lot:sleep:

Must admit I didn't really get what Masood was going on about...suppose he was trying to cheer Tam up but they could have done it better, absolutely.

Oh, Povey? Figures. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »

Ha, i just had to google that! :o I wonder what acronym they're going to come up with next.
    Yeah, you're right :) When Syed first arrived in the show, Zainab was the one to forgive him and Masood look much longer to, and there was also that scene where Masood told Syed he was proud of him and syed said "You've never said that to me before." (:cry:)

There's so much unexplored ground in their relationship and yet it's constantly swept under the rug in favour of screentime for other families :(

I always get the impression that many of Syed issues with his father relate to his childhood/teenage years and that they've just been compounded by his sexuality and events surrounding this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I didn't really get what Masood was going on about...suppose he was trying to cheer Tam up but they could have done it better, absolutely.

I just ended up bursting out laughing once i'd given up trying to figure out the metaphor. It didn't work at all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB: I do too...it is a gift of a storyline and a natural progression in their relationship. There has always been tension between them (more from Masood than Syed) and that doesn't go away over night. They could easily start it off around this football thing, but I fear that will be more about the viewers guessing which one of the players Kat is getting off with (it better not be Syed:eek: - You know what these soaps are like! Who knew stacey killed Archie?)

Don't say that :eek: I would probably feel like attacking the TV with an axe if they did that :o
    Ha, i just had to google that! :o I wonder what acronym they're going to come up with next.

I've had to google many acronyms...YOLO's the latest one :p
    I just ended up bursting out laughing once i'd given up trying to figure out the metaphor. It didn't work at all!

Haha! And you're great at finding metaphors so a definite sign it didn't work! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, I didn't like it at all - not the right moment, and it didn't work. There was a perfect opportunity there for a good emotional scene but they missed it again. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I always get the impression that many of Syed issues with his father relate to his childhood/teenage years and that they've just been compounded by his sexuality and events surrounding this.

This totally. I don't think the simple fact of Syed being gay was the real issue for Masood either, it was the surrounding events. Syed's being gay, or more the way it came out almost gave Masood a reason to justify everything he'd previously thought. For Zainab it was about being gay, and about the community/religion, for Masood it was a lot more complex and personal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This totally. I don't think the simple fact of Syed being gay was the real issue for Masood either, it was the surrounding events. Syed's being gay, or more the way it came out almost gave Masood a reason to justify everything he'd previously thought. For Zainab it was about being gay, and about the community/religion, for Masood it was a lot more complex and personal.

Absolutely - I agree again. I really do want their relationship investigated and explained. It's so neglected and there is so much there. I'm hoping we some father son stuff with the football. :)

There is so much backstory waiting to be discovered. I do hope that AJ was around when Syed was a teenager, maybe he will provide some insight into life back then, hopefully he will have scenes with Syed - and we might get to hear a bit about the past. :)
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely - I agree again. I really do want their relationship investigated and explained. It's so neglected and there is so much there. I'm hoping we some father son stuff with the football. :)

There is so much backstory waiting to be discovered. I do hope that AJ was around when Syed was a teenager, maybe he will provide some insight into life back then, hopefully he will have scenes with Syed - and we might get to hear a bit about the past. :)

That would be good. :)

I do still wonder if AJ will be part of Chryed's next storyline, the timing of AJ's arrival and when Chryed's next storyline is meant to happen is a bit too close to be an accident.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It just felt a bit bizarre and out of place. I found myself screwing my eyes up aswell, in a wtf?! kind of way:p

But yes, when I saw who wrote it, it all seemed to make sense after all:sleep:

I just googled YOLO:o
    I agree, I didn't like it at all - not the right moment, and it didn't work. There was a perfect opportunity there for a good emotional scene but they missed it again. :(

I'm sure if it was Titney splitting up we'd be subjected to lots of lengthy emotional scenes:sleep:

It did seem to follow on from the general 'jokey' vibe we've had with Zainab and Masood this week, and the scene was just as much about Zainab and Masood as it was about Tamfia. I do like the funny side of the Masoods, and Zainab has had some great one-liners this week, but it has felt a bit contrived as we haven't had nearly enough of the deeper emotional stuff too. I know from a storytelling pov they want them to move on, not be dragged down in mis-er-ree forever, but a balance can be found.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed.

But no one should ever say that again unless they're a douchebag frat boy. Or, as Urban Dictionary once told me, a girl who will try anal.

I don't need to know that much about your sex lives.
  • elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hey hun :) I agree, it was an odd scene! Maybe Tam should have spoken to...oh I don't know...his older brother? :sleep:
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I nearly had a nervous breakdown when I thought Roxy was moving in with Christian and Syed:eek::o Thank god Christian clarified she was going back to live with Phil:D

Oh and for the record Roxy Mitchell

Its christian and Syed's place:sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey hun :) I agree, it was an odd scene! Maybe Tam should have spoken to...oh I don't know...his older brother? :sleep:

elphie have you moved into delusionville again, suggesting Syed has a scene with his brother/family:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just felt a bit bizarre and out of place. I found myself screwing my eyes up aswell, in a wtf?! kind of way:p

But yes, when I saw who wrote it, it all seemed to make sense after all:sleep:

I just googled YOLO:o

Yeah - at least Tam seemed to think it was silly too :p
    Indeed.

But no one should ever say that again unless they're a douchebag frat boy. Or, as Urban Dictionary once told me, a girl who will try anal.

I don't need to know that much about your sex lives.

Or Zainab?

On second thoughts, I could settle for a LOL. :o

ETA: Hello Susan :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    crazysusan wrote: »

I nearly had a nervous breakdown when I thought Roxy was moving in with Christian and Syed:eek::o Thank god Christian clarified she was going back to live with Phil:D

Oh and for the record Roxy Mitchell

Its christian and Syed's place:sleep:

This! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    crazysusan wrote: »
    elphie have you moved into delusionville again, suggesting Syed has a scene with his brother/family:eek:

Syed having a scene is a bit delusional as well!! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or Zainab?

I would assume she didn't know the double meaning.

I think lol would be more appropriate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah - at least Tam seemed to think it was silly too :p

Or Zainab?

ETA: Hello Susan :D

hiya
    This! :)

:D
    Syed having a scene is a bit delusional as well!! :rolleyes:

I know. As if, Syed in a scene, a whole scene:eek:whatever next, giving him lines:sleep:
This discussion has been closed.