Options

Help me decide

drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This samsung or this sony

on the argos site it says the samsung refresh rate is 50hz but on the amazon site it says 200hz :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,518
    Forum Member
    Sony are a far better make than Samsung, and the products are better made.

As for refresh rate, I don't think there have been any 50Hz sets for a very long time - and it makes sod all difference anyway :D.
  • Options
    AlanOAlanO Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd suggest you go and take a look at them before making a decision and see which picture you prefer.

Reliability is relative - and when you're spending sub £ 300 for a TV, it's very much a throwaway item - I can recall selling 21" CRT sets back in the late 80s for £ 300-400 and those sets were far lower quality than either of the ones you're looking at.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that price range, I'd say this was a better bet. A work colleague bought one for £399 just before Christmas and says its great. It's from last year's range, but it was rated best value tv under £500 by What Hi-fi. Now reduced to £329 from John Lewis with a 5 year guarantee.

http://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-viera-40cs520b-led-hd-1080p-smart-tv-40-with-freeview-hd-and-built-in-wi-fi/p1929511
  • Options
    paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that price range, I'd say this was a better bet. A work colleague bought one for £399 just before Christmas and says its great. It's from last year's range, but it was rated best value tv under £500 by What Hi-fi. Now reduced to £329 from John Lewis with a 5 year guarantee.

http://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-viera-40cs520b-led-hd-1080p-smart-tv-40-with-freeview-hd-and-built-in-wi-fi/p1929511

Is that Panasonic TV not a Vestel made one? if so you'd be better off just buying a supermarket one of the same size and saving the money.
  • Options
    AlanOAlanO Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulj48 wrote: »
    Is that Panasonic TV not a Vestel made one? if so you'd be better off just buying a supermarket one of the same size and saving the money.

No - it's the C300 series which are Vestels and maybe the C400s.

The 500 series and higher are genuine Panasonics - so this one, the CS520 is definitely a genuine and a very good set it is too - I have one of its sister models (a DSG exclusive version).

Highly recommended.