Jane McDonald

Comments

• Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Jane too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Jane is great & as we both live in the same town, she's often spotted with her mother shopping - she's very friendly, will stop & chat forever & has never come over as a diva.
    We saw Jane the other week with her new bloke, they were sat having a coffee & looked very happy together.

Her mother's just as lovely, she used to work as a volunteer in the local hospital (taking the newspaper trolley/books around) she then worked in a newsagents in town.
    At the time of the cruise showing, her mother told everyone to watch it lol, she was so proud.

When you see Jane out & about, she is very glamorous, immaculately dressed & her hair & make up are perfect.

She has recently moved again, it's a road that is locally known as "Millionaires Row" when you look on google earth the amount of land they have & the size of their houses you know they've made it big time :)

I'm not a stalker by the way lol, my daughter goes to school in the same area :D
  • SWMBOSWMBO Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    This week's Woman Magazine has an article about Jane in it.

How did she lose all her money?
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Jane McDonald and have done since The Cruise.

Has anyone noticed on Return to...The Cruise that she has a slightly less broad northern accent though?

It could be that she was putting on a bit of accent because she was nervous all those years ago? Or is it because she knows how much everyone loves her down to earth nature and "northerness" that she maybe puts a little bit of it on now?

Hmm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »
    I really like Jane McDonald and have done since The Cruise.

Has anyone noticed on Return to...The Cruise that she has a slightly less broad northern accent though?

It could be that she was putting on a bit of accent because she was nervous all those years ago? Or is it because she knows how much everyone loves her down to earth nature and "northerness" that she maybe puts a little bit of it on now?

Hmm.

I noticed that. In clips from the original show it appeared that she was trying to sound posh but her broad accent kept coming through.
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    I like Jane on Loose Women. It's the only time I ever hear anyone say 'oranmemts' these days.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    45 year old Jane McDonald *cough*:D
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    45 year old Jane McDonald *cough*:D

I think she looks great now, certainly a lot younger than 10 years ago. The makeup still needs toning down and less fussy clothes and hair but I guess we all get stuck in a time warp at some stage :o
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole look is still very '80s cabaret singer' chic, although she looks better than she did a decade ago.
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    She's lovely - but she's older than she is letting on IMO.
    I'd guess late 40's or even early 50's.
    There were some old photos seen at the time her autobiography came out [they may even be in the book] and I seem to remember she was standing near a car in one of them which would date her as being several years older than she says she is.
    But she isn't the only one to have a 'showbiz age.' :D

I watched the return to the cruise last week and really enjoyed it. I never saw it first time round.
    She came over as being really nice.
    I did feel nauseous at the bits where she was gazing lovingly at Henrik and when she kept going on about him, though.
    Give it a rest, love!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    SWMBO wrote: »
    This week's Woman Magazine has an article about Jane in it.

How did she lose all her money?

Wasn't it something to do with Henrick?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    I don't mind her. She seems down to earth, inoffensive. The only reason she's everywhere right now is because she's got an album out, after that she'll just go back to Loose Women I'm guessing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't it something to do with Henrick?

I think their split was rather acrimonious.

Her former husband was supposedly very controlling and took over all aspects of her life - money, career, etc.
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »

Her former husband was supposedly very controlling and took over all aspects of her life - money, career, etc.

She probably had to give him a huge share of her earnings for the time he was her Manager.
    She now has her own company, Jane McDonald Management, and will be financially ok again - but this time all her earnings will actually be hers.
  • pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

not surprised, she came over as thick as mince
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I think of her I think of Janet auditioning as a singer for cruises on Two Pints. Janet says "was I any good?" and the guy says, "Good? You shat all over Jane McDonald" lmao. for some reason that line makes me crease :D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member

Oh right, I thought he had done her over with the money she she had made. Wasn't he her financial advisor or something too, dealing with all of that side of it. I thought she'd made a joke recently about him running off with her money. I may be wrong though and it was her ex.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Loose Women some time ago she was talking about him going out and buying a top of the range car and a motorbike, paying cash out of her money.

On another day she said that she was gagged by a court order from talking about the divorce.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he took control of her cash - and promptly blew the lot of it!!
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember during their marriage too, she had to defend him to the press because he publicly said she was too fat and needed to lose weight.

I don't think she's thick, I think during the Cruise she seemed to be completely bowled over by Henrik and kind of blinded by how besotted she was with him.

I do really like her, I don't think she's lying about her age though is she?! I think she is just one of those people who looks older than they are - I mean ten years ago you'd have thought she was in her fifties!
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I remember during their marriage too, she had to defend him to the press because he publicly said she was too fat and needed to lose weight.

I don't think she's thick, I think during the Cruise she seemed to be completely bowled over by Henrik and kind of blinded by how besotted she was with him.

I do really like her, I don't think she's lying about her age though is she?! I think she is just one of those people who looks older than they are - I mean ten years ago you'd have thought she was in her fifties!

I think you might be right there. She looks younger now, probably because she saw herself on The Cruise and realised what a fright she could look at times. I think now she's got a bit more money, she can afford to invest more time in her appearance, and make sure she wears more flattering and fashionable clothes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She once produced her passport on national TV to prove that she was born in 1963 - which makes her 45 now!
  • claire800claire800 Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Good for you Jane

No 7 in the album charts with no BBC air play.
  • Dave 162Dave 162 Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    45 .. more like 65 ..lol

She doesnt love ANYONE as much as herself ......as my old mother used to say ?
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I hate Jane MacDonald... average singer, average chat show host, average talent. I won't be rushing out to buy the new 'covers edition' cd. But I will continue to watch loose woman, because I do enjoy the wee programme.

sorry
    Bonny