Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could just about accept us employing bargain basement Hodgson , when we were on the verge of being swallowed up by G&H's debts. What's the problem in us employing someone who won't be out of there depth now though?

Well in the next day or two you may get that answered if we lose this, as seems pretty much certain right now. NESV must be twitching. results and the voices of the crowd won't go unnoticed will they.

We've been desperate tonight. It's like Rafa is still in charge and we think we are playing out a 1-0 win.
  • Options
    edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost for words, supposedly world class players and play like something i dropped on Christmas day.

Complencency maybe either way a ****ing joke.

Surely this cant be blamed on Roy he puts out a ver very strong team and they play like poo.

Well done Wolves well deserved and i mean that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hahahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ned to get rid of some players in a few days and bring in some young players that want to play and not ones that demand high wages.

Feel sorry for those that paid £35 for a ticket to see so much crap!!!!!

Sorry for the rants but as a die hard reds fan it hurts me to see how we have declined so rapidly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    Lost for words, supposedly world class players and play like something i dropped on Christmas day.

Surely this cant be blamed on Roy he puts out a ver very strong team and they play like poo.

That's the point though , he's become so unaccountable in the media reporting of LFC. Even David Pleat as co commentator tonight is refusing to criticise him , instead focusing on players, As at any club , the manager and players have to share the responsibility for poor performances. These players may well respond better to somebody who is comfortable at managing a high pressure job and at least tries to implement attacking football.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't deserve fans with a result like that. At home as well. Disgraceful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edduk1981 wrote: »

I blame Roy for this as he put out an unbalanced team. We have Kuyt moved out of position to the left, with no natural wide player replacing him on the right, just Meireles and Gerrard taking turns to fill in, and all to have the unnatural pairing of Ngog and Torres up front. The players lacked shape throughout, and so you have to look at the manager.

Even if you think the line-up is good and blame the players for the first half, the manager has to take responsibility for the fact that he hasn't fired the players up to come out fighting in the second half. Unimaginable as it seemed at half-time, we've actually been worse. The players have to take their share of the blame for sure, but so does Hodgson.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    Painful, painful stuff. I can't believe I'm seeing a liverpool team play so impassionately at Anfield.

Switching off, I can't bear to hear Roy try and talk this one away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the point though , he's become so unaccountable in the media reporting of LFC. Even David Pleat as co commentator tonight is refusing to criticise him , instead focusing on players, As at any club , the manager and players have to share the responsibility for poor performances. These players may well respond better to somebody who is comfortable at managing a high pressure job and at least tries to implement attacking football.

Oh dont get me wrong i constantly criticise Roy and dont agree with his appointment but when u have almost a fulyl fit squad and they play like they have eaten far to much over Christmas and cant be bothered then that is not down to the manager, if he put out youngsters then he would have been hauled over the coals for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could we send our squad and management out to visit supporters who are soldiers out in Afghanistan. It might teach them a thing or two about putting in a decent shift.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally outplayed by a relegation certainty. Oh dear.

It may be an unpopular view but maybe trying to force Gerrard back into the team somewhere has upset what had been a promising centre midfield. Time to flog him to Madrid next week? No one player is bigger than the team. etc.

That said, I'm struggling to find a player that wore the shirt with any pride tonight. All over the pitch we are really quite average.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to Wolves, just a pity for them that they'll have much harder nights than this if they are to survive relegation.

As for that lot pretending to be Liverpool FC, the manager can go now , the players can go on Saturday.
    Not one person involved tonight deserves to be associated with any top level football club never mind one of the most successful in history
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I am shocked to the core. How worse can it get?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    o.m.f.g. :( how depressing was that.

now im no football expert, but why does roy feel the need to play so many players out of position? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roy Evans saying it like it is on LFC TV. That they should hang their heads in shame and get the biggest rollicking tonight. Not sure what difference that would make to our pampered over paid lot though. I include the manager in that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dangerman wrote: »
    Congratulations to Wolves, just a pity for them that they'll have much harder nights than this if they are to survive relegation.

As for that lot pretending to be Liverpool FC, the manager can go now , the players can go on Saturday.
    Not one person involved tonight deserves to be associated with any top level football club never mind one of the most successful in history

Sadly for Wolves all the headlines will be about Liverpool's utter cr*pness.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucas, Gerrard, Merieles and Kuyt in midfield. No width and no balance. 2 weeks to prepare for a match and the team looked clueless and like it had no idea what to do.

Hodgson is way out of his depth while Torres looks like he hates playing under him. When a player like torres is so bad week in week out I am questioning the reasons why and it isnt just down to fitness. His whole game looks shot.
    Roy Evans saying it like it is on LFC TV. That they should hang their heads in shame and get the biggest rollicking tonight. Not sure what difference that would make to our pampered over paid lot though. I include the manager in that.

Evans had us playing fantastic football. Football that Houllier, Rafa and Hodgson have not got us near playing!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to say 2011 would be better but we'll more than likely have a lower half PL finish and see Utd take their 19th title.
    By 'eck the days when we win things again will feel extra sweet after what we've gone through in the past 18 months!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually, I'd take Roy back tomorrow.
  • Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evamoo wrote: »
    o.m.f.g. :( how depressing was that.

now im no football expert, but why does roy feel the need to play so many players out of position? :confused:

He's The Waiter in disguise.
  • Options
    superboysuperboy Posts: 4,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A sign of how bad we've become - there's hardly any mancs bothering to mock us
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gr8 we have Bolton on new yr day another home defeat then!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    superboy wrote: »
    A sign of how bad we've become - there's hardly any mancs bothering to mock us

That's if they've finally decided to stop saying that Roy is the right man for us , or was at least when we still had the debts. Just as they are the best judges of their own club , we are the best or ours. Too many non LFC footy fans take the Sky/Murdoch media line that good old Roy should be given more time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's The Waiter in disguise.

Out of interest JP , who would you expect out of Rafa and Roy to be offered the job at a big club next?;)
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen RH's post match interview. The guy is a joker. He really has no idea what this club expects and demands.
This discussion has been closed.