WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Finally managed to wangle a move to Spurs. Very pleased :)

Got a 2 year deal so hopefully I won't need to move anywhere else.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopped the BAL mode for now as I think I have gone as far as I can with my custom player

Still concentrating on the online cups, still a bit hit and miss at the moment

Feel most comfortable with Real Madrid and Spain

Little bugbears though, like when the person you are playing deliberately time wastes when there is still some time left on the qualifiers

Recently I was 1-0 up and we would have got the game finished just before the time expired in the qualifiers, so they stop playing and press pause as soon as the ball went dead or in this case when I went 2-0 up

Or in another case pass the ball along the back line to deliberately kill time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to the quarter finals of the Wepes Championship online tournament earlier

First knockout round, went 1-0 up and then they quit and I went through via forfeit

Quarter final, finished 0-0 in normal time then match went straight to penalties and I lost 4-1

Online rating shot up into the 500's so not all bad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone had any problems where the players all sprint at the same speed? I've tried deleting the game data and starting again but its still the same. I haven't changed the game speed settings either.
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when the winter data update is released?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That commentator Jim is a right negative git.
    I score 4 goals and he still says my shooting should be better.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love this game

got fifa because pes was lagging but returned it and got pes back within 2 weeks

fifa is so scripted

pes is about the best man winning and much more influence on tactics

long live pes!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noticed a big change playing PES 12, picked up PES 13 at launch and can see what and how they have improved. Fifa not in the same league this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    That commentator Jim is a right negative git.
    I score 4 goals and he still says my shooting should be better.

Jon Champion's end of match comment when both teams cancel each other out annoys me

"This is what threatens to kill football, negative tactics, fear of failure....These managers should be ashamed of themselves"

On the plus side though, have finally won my first online tournament in the Novice Cup....Not much I know but it's a start :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do many people in this thread who have also played the differing Fifa releases honestly believe that PES 13 plays better than EA's devil child this year?

I bought Fifa'13 at launch and enjoyed it for about a week, then I started noticing the numerous AI bugs more and more i.e. rubber banding or momentum whatever you want to call it. Is this at all present in PES this year? Has it ever been?

Really tempted to pick this up and give it a chance, I played the demo and didn't think much of the robotic movement if honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it much more satisying than fifa konami deserve credit for changes made to the movement of players and influence on tactics which change games. I would say give it a go I brought at launch and still playing to death today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've really gotten back in to playing online since i managed to recover the copy i'd bought after my backup corrupted.

just had a cracking game with spurs against real madrid. some good end to end stuff and i nicked a 1-0 win right at the death and proceeded to punch the wall next to my computer desk. ouch :)
  • Options
    The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just picked this up, I have Fifa 13 but felt like giving this a go. Really like it, I like the way you can build up an attack.

My issue is the menu, its a bit confusing and me and as mate spent ages trying to find out how to play each other online.

I have also noticed quite a bit of lag online and I haven't experienced this with any other games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just got utterly, utterly battered by someone ranked miles higher than me. Madrid (again .. yawn) against Spurs and I lost 8-0 in the end.

Went on to play someone who chose City and ended up beating them 5-1 playing some rather excellent stuff I must say :)
  • Options
    DarkestHourDarkestHour Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just picked this up, I have Fifa 13 but felt like giving this a go. Really like it, I like the way you can build up an attack.

My issue is the menu, its a bit confusing and me and as mate spent ages trying to find out how to play each other online.

I have also noticed quite a bit of lag online and I haven't experienced this with any other games.

Welcome to PES - terrible menus (seem to get worse with each year) and inconsistent online play (some games fine, some laggy). It's fun, but can be frustrating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what winds me up about this game ..

http://i40.tinypic.com/1fk6sk.jpg

I get why people do it, but it just makes it quite tedious a lot of the time. anyway, after spending a good hour getting battered six ways from sunday last night, i was paired with someone who chose Barcelona and ended up beating them 4-1, which made up for all the previous losses :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just uninstalled. Really no point in carrying on playing a game online that i'm just not good enough to do. game after game after game i get stuffed and, more often than not, i start to lose my temper after the first couple of goals go in so i start chasing round the other players trying to foul everyone as much as possible.

Might install it again one day but not any time soon ..
  • Options
    The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For all its flaws, I can see why people constantly turn to Fifa these days.

The online play of this game is a joke. 95% of people I play against pick Real Madrid, at least Fifa gives you a chance to match up against a similar level team.

Through ball abuse is absolutely ridiculous compared to Fifa too. I thought PES was supposed to be the choice of the football purist not the through ball bores.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    through ball spamming is the obly thign pes does wrong imo and it MUST be recitfied in pes 2014

i had 3 games yesterday , i had total of 37 shots, my oppens tally was 11 shots!

i lost 2 games 3-0 all from through balls to ronaldo

arghgh

still million times better than fifa though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and just like that i created a new tactic and beat three 800 plus rated players in a row! this game rewards brains
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    through ball spamming is the obly thign pes does wrong imo and it MUST be recitfied in pes 2014

i had 3 games yesterday , i had total of 37 shots, my oppens tally was 11 shots!

i lost 2 games 3-0 all from through balls to ronaldo

arghgh

still million times better than fifa though

What do you mean by "through ball spamming" ?
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be so hard for Konami to generate some semi-realistic names for the available youth team?
    I would also like to see the WE and PES leagues replaced by licenced teams and players. Either that or create some decent fictional teams. It's too laborious to edit teams and players through the Xbox.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    What do you mean by "through ball spamming" ?

its when someone just plays through balls with Y button(or lofted through balls with L1) non stop everytime they regain possession, in pes it is too easy for the ball to go over defensive line and striker runs on to it clean through on goal

however my new tactic has drastically reduced this and i am now on my best ever run of 12 online games unbeaton:D

tactics in pes are unrivaled,i hope they never change it

on fifa you get like 30secs and only make superficial changes
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    its when someone just plays through balls with Y button(or lofted through balls with L1) non stop everytime they regain possession, in pes it is too easy for the ball to go over defensive line and striker runs on to it clean through on goal

however my new tactic has drastically reduced this and i am now on my best ever run of 12 online games unbeaton:D

tactics in pes are unrivaled,i hope they never change it

on fifa you get like 30secs and only make superficial changes

I understand.

To avoid this i immediately switch to a defensive player that automatically tracks the runner, so the forward never gets beyond them with that through ball. I love that they remain persistant with the tactic in desperation to get back into the match.