Options

Heart Stations

Comments

• Options
    kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the subject of the incorrect guess list, wouldn't make sense to delete all the guesses that are not British male musicians now?
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the subject of the incorrect guess list, wouldn't make sense to delete all the guesses that are not British male musicians now?

It would,but that would mean somebody would have to go through the whole list,name by name. And it's a very long list.
    To be fair,if you know the name you're looking for,it doesn't take long to find out if they're on the list.. More than likely,they will be..:)

Also it's possible that person dong the "deleting" wouldn't necessarily know who all the people on the list are,so wouldn't know if they should be deleted or not.

There's certanly plenty people on the list I've never heard of.
  • Options
    pjexpjex Posts: 9,380
    Forum Member
    It would,but that would mean somebody would have to go through the whole list,name by name. And it's a very long list.
    To be fair,if you know the name you're looking for,it doesn't take long to find out if they're on the list.. More than likely,they will be..:)

Also it's possible that person dong the "deleting" wouldn't necessarily know who all the people on the list are,so wouldn't know if they should be deleted or not.

There's certanly plenty people on the list I've never heard of.

Can't believe Chris Moyles, Nick Grimshaw, Scott Mills and Greg James were guessed, do people really think Heart would use Radio 1 DJs?

Plus 3 daytime Radio 2 DJs guessed, Heart listeners not very loyal then.
  • Options
    ThemaverickThemaverick Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    pjex wrote: »
    Can't believe Chris Moyles, Nick Grimshaw, Scott Mills and Greg James were guessed, do people really think Heart would use Radio 1 DJs?

Incorrect.
    Doubtful the audience even notice the real difference between BBC Radio and commercial. They're DJ's on the radio that sometimes appear on the TV.

They're not going to look at those individuals as competitors, they're just people that talk on the radio.
    Nothing about loyalty, just a good example of a typical listener.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjex wrote: »

I suspect it's someone having a joke- like the caller last year who suggested Ken Bruce and Paul Gambaccini.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A letter from the Alphabet the next clue would be good if the name isn't found by Saturday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dpb wrote: »
    I suspect it's someone having a joke- like the caller last year who suggested Ken Bruce and Paul Gambaccini.

I doubt it.
    If they've sat there and spent time continuously trying to get through on a premium rate number to say those names as a joke... I think there's only one person who'll be laughing.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it.
    If they've sat there and spent time continuously trying to get through on a premium rate number to say those names as a joke... I think there's only one person who'll be laughing.

I see your point - they wouldn't judge it like that, they would judge it as getting one over on Heart by naming a BBC DJ.

Where in fact as you say Global/Heart is the one who is winning with the calls revenue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stevie Nicks, Ben Stiller and l think the other one is Steve Wright dhhhhh ' What Steve Wright from Radio 2 '? Yeah, ' do you want me to lock it in' lol.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Stevie Nicks, Ben Stiller and l think the other one is Steve Wright dhhhhh ' What Steve Wright from Radio 2 '? Yeah, ' do you want me to lock it in' lol.....

Even if it was Steve Wright,they wouldn't win the hundred grand,because the other voice is Ben Miller,not Ben Stiller..:)

Sorry,I couldn't resist it. In fact I have made the same mistake with those names myself.

It would be quite funny if somebody did guess the third voice correct and then messed up on one of the other two that are already known.

Well,not funny for them,but funny for everybody else.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A letter from the Alphabet the next clue would be good if the name isn't found by Saturday

"The male celebrity does not have a Z in their name."
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben Miller, Stevie Nicks, Ben Miller, Stevie Nicks, Ben Miller, Stevie Nicks,

How many more times will I hear those damn names! Lol :)

These presenters must be so bored.
  • Options
    simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why oh why oh why don't they do something about callers going through who haven't checked the wrong guesses. They should have other callers lined up or something so they can go on to the next one ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonk243 wrote: »
    Why oh why oh why don't they do something about callers going through who haven't checked the wrong guesses. They should have other callers lined up or something so they can go on to the next one ?

Because if they have paid their money for the phone call and have been lucky enough to get through,they are entitled to get on the air and get their shot at the money. Even if,as you say,they have no chance of winning because they have not even bothered to check that the person they think it is has already been guessed,and they will end up just looking silly.

That is their fault,not Heart's fault.

It is not often on this forum that I find myself defending Heart,but in this case,they are correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Ben Miller, Stevie Nicks, Ben Miller, Stevie Nicks, Ben Miller, Stevie Nicks,

How many more times will I hear those damn names! Lol :)

These presenters must be so bored.

Yes,they keep saying,we're so close now,we're only one name away,they've been saying that for months.

It is a bit like being shown three haystacks,and being told to find the needle in each one. The first haystack is quite small,it is a lot of work to find the needle,it takes days,but eventually you do find it.

The next haystack is a bit bigger,and it takes weeks to find the needle,but,again,eventually .you do find it.

Finally you look at the last haystack,and it is ten times the size of the last one. You are two down,only one to go,you are so close!

But you realise that looking at the size of it,this is not going to take days,or even weeks. Unless you get lucky,it is going to take months.
  • Options
    wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incorrect.
    Doubtful the audience even notice the real difference between BBC Radio and commercial. They're DJ's on the radio that sometimes appear on the TV.

They're not going to look at those individuals as competitors, they're just people that talk on the radio.
    Nothing about loyalty, just a good example of a typical listener.

Maybe this post is a good insight into why the big groups can get away with "groundhog day" radio done on the cheap!!

Have we REALLY dumbed down SO much as a society, when you think people can't tell the difference between stations completely different......

Oh, and don't get me started on "Gullible Gertrude" who spends a fortune dialing that premium rate number!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it dosnt go by Christmas what happens?Is the money given to charity?
  • Options
    kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes,they keep saying,we're so close now,we're only one name away,they've been saying that for months.

It is a bit like being shown three haystacks,and being told to find the needle in each one. The first haystack is quite small,it is a lot of work to find the needle,it takes days,but eventually you do find it.

The next haystack is a bit bigger,and it takes weeks to find the needle,but,again,eventually .you do find it.

Finally you look at the last haystack,and it is ten times the size of the last one. You are two down,only one to go,you are so close!

But you realise that looking at the size of it,this is not going to take days,or even weeks. Unless you get lucky,it is going to take months.

You know an Italian artist is about to spend two days doing this don't you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It will go by Christmas,almost certainly. As I said before,the clues are going to get easier every week. If it still hasn't been won by the beginning of Christmas week they will probably give out a clue that more or less gives it away,and it'll just be the luck of the draw who gets picked on the phone that day.

Which will be a bit frustrating for those who claim to know who it is and have known for weeks,but can never get through on the phone to say their answer. So run some of the comments on the Heart website,anyway.
  • Options
    Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It will be won they'll give more and more clues out another clue will come on Monday no doubt if its not won by then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wckartist wrote: »
    Maybe this post is a good insight into why the big groups can get away with "groundhog day" radio done on the cheap!!

Have we REALLY dumbed down SO much as a society, when you think people can't tell the difference between stations completely different......

Oh, and don't get me started on "Gullible Gertrude" who spends a fortune dialing that premium rate number!

I think it's the absolute opposite, there are many more streams of entertainment for people to latch on to, the audience is more savvy and talent often appears cross brand.

You could be hearing Sam and Amy on Radio 2, seeing Stephen Mulhern on BBC 1, listening to Graham Norton on Capital Breakfast talking about his new book.
    The various music and video streaming sources mean that stations are constantly battling with audience retention and pure choice, means there just isn't the brand loyalty or listening awareness than there was 15 or so years ago.

This is amplified in the big cities, with London being a totally different marketplace altogether.

Groundhog day radio is a sweeping statement. Simply an interpretation of a particular format. It's radio tailored to those who dip in and out, pick and choose those streams to find something they want to hear. And there must be some audience data that suggests that these tracks are the ones that the typical listener wants to listen to.
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has finally won Who's On Heart! It was Ben Miller, Stevie Nicks and Nigel Kennedy! Well done Paul Jagger, the guy who won it! £100,000 richer! About time, too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    td1983 wrote: »
    Someone has finally won Who's On Heart! It was Ben Miller, Stevie Nicks and Nigel Kennedy! Well done Paul Jagger, the guy who won it! £100,000 richer! About time, too!

As Ben Miller,as one of the RAF pilots might have said,"Random."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know an Italian artist is about to spend two days doing this don't you

I was wondering what you meant,I thought you were joking,until I saw the story in the paper today,and then looked it up. You can actually watch him doing it,live. Or you can watch five hours of yesterday's searching on YouTube,if you want.:D

I had no knowledge of it when I wrote my post.

How odd.:)
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    td1983 wrote: »
    Finally. :eek: