Comments

• trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully still in the ground.

Will go up on the 15th at the earliest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I put mine up tonight..looks nice and got tinsel on stuff and all my xmas nicnaks..My little niece is going to love them :D
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    All 5 of our trees remain in the loft until I'm sent into battle with the bugs to retrieve them at some point this week

Dare I ask why you need 5 trees?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    As is mine until 23rd December.
    What is this obsession with dragging Christmas out over all December?

Can't speak for others but personally I am quite childish and enjoy the twinkly lights, Christmas music, and excuses to get pissed for a month.

Everyone seems all festive and cheery and I love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a post a photo of your Christmas tree thread last year. That was lovely.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a REAL fibre optic one. Spread it out, plug it in and away you go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I found mine when i moved into this kip im living in.......it was in the attic with a box of promotional miranda orange baubles.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a fairly big, green fibre optic one that I stuffed to the hilt with decorations.

I love tacky Christmas trees. I hate themes and matchy-matchy decorations.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still in the loft. I'm thinking of pulling down the one from when I was a kid in the 70s, which is mostly all spindly wire and moulting tinsel, but some weird part of me is feeling the drag of nostalgia and I thought maybe I could make it look less like an early Blue Peter Advent crown and more like a tree.

It'll all end in tears.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found mine when i moved into this kip im living in.......it was in the attic with a box of promotional miranda orange baubles.

do you mean mandarin :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    do you mean mandarin :confused:

No,it appears to be a brand of foreign or old orange drink.
  • cardiffstecardiffste Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Sad that no-one has posted a pic of their tree yet :( a #trelfie maybe?
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    xp95 wrote: »
    VERY boring to say the least.

Your's is VERY boring, or other peoples choices are VERY boring?
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cardiffste wrote: »
    Sad that no-one has posted a pic of their tree yet :( a #trelfie maybe?
    i posted mine last year, I am about to put mine up again today with the same decorations but I will take more pics again. My theme is 'candyland sort-of'.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Not decorated for a couple of weeks but there's a nice kink in the trunk at the base and a reverse kink at the top :D

6ft, £20 from local greengrocers - yes we still have one.

£30 quid was cheapest we saw elsewhere.

We still have our Christmas decorations from 30 odd years ago that go on including our Blue Peter yoghurt pot lids with photo of a duck and glitter :D
  • Harry.KewellHarry.Kewell Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like this. Was planning on changing the colour scheme this year from purple to teal/turquoise as there were quite a few nice ones last year that I wanted in that colour, however this year the shop didnt have any of them, so I stuck with the purple/white and silver.
  • Tamryn29Tamryn29 Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite rustic really. I wanted to go for something a bit more natural and less gaudy than Christmas seems to have become over the years and so have foraged with the kids for loads of pine cones, and we've made ribbons in red and cream, and soft white lights. Next weekend we are going to gather some fresh holly from a local park and long twigs to lay all across the mantle piece with lights intertwined. I have some gold spray paint that I may use to do the twigs with but I'm still undecided.
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like this. Was planning on changing the colour scheme this year from purple to teal/turquoise as there were quite a few nice ones last year that I wanted in that colour, however this year the shop didnt have any of them, so I stuck with the purple/white and silver.
    Which shop didn't have them in stock? :confused:
  • Harry.KewellHarry.Kewell Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xp95 wrote: »
    Which shop didn't have them in stock? :confused:

Botany Bay in Chorley, they do more elaborate decorations usually and they are segregated into separate colour areas, but this year there wasn't much teal or blue to pick from.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mines a white faux tree with pink, purple, blue and green baubles. No tinsel this year as last year it got everywhere.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The tree is green, It is old fashioned these days to have it up too late.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our main Christmas tree looks like this

Artificial, and with baubles just about everywhere! I love our tree though, every year we go 'Maybe we should have fewer baubles on it...', 'Maybe we should have a classy tree this year...' But no. :D

Then in my bedroom I have this- brown and gold decorations and white lights, to match my room - and this - a mini tree with multicoloured lights and decorations.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Can't speak for others but personally I am quite childish and enjoy the twinkly lights, Christmas music, and excuses to get pissed for a month.

Everyone seems all festive and cheery and I love it.

I just get pissed all year round! No need to limit it to one time of year! And I can't be arsed with the faff of trees and decorations and presents.
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I have not got one yet. Every year you hope to buy one where it's colour and pines stay for a good while. Also, another important thing about a tree is it's scent.

Does anyone know any tips for retaining the condition of a fir tree during the festive period? I have heard that not having it near any heating helps?

Keep it away from the radiators I know you have the sense to keep it away from the fire too :D, you need plenty of water too. The water pot should be checked and topped up every day.

We went back to a fake tree a few years ago, mainly because the cost of the real ones was going up each year.
    We have a green tree with red, whit and green decorations. It looks lovely with coloured lights but I have a little village which has warm white lights and the 2 different sorts of lights drive me mad so I went back to warm white last year.

Trying to summon the energy to get off my backside and get started on it......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    mine is nice, but looks bare lol..needs more lights on it..put it up last night and haven't got the patience to do it..the lights were in a tangled mess :(