Evanescence & Within Temptation Gigs

EvanWhisper05EvanWhisper05 Posts: 3,094
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They're performing on tour at the minute. I grouped them together because they're similarish artists.

Has anyone seen them live at all? It's the first time I'll be seeing both. I've not usually been impressed by Amy Lee's vocals generally but I think she's getting a lot better.

I've also got a spare ticket for each one next week if anybody is interested. (But if this isn't the place for it, then I apologise)

Comments

• gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to see Ev next week, I haven't seen them before because they cancelled the last gig I was going to and then never rescheduled :(

From what I've seen, Amy has been nailing the vocals this time round (with a few hitches on the crazy-hard songs), and it sounds like she's had vocal coaching again. I can't wait!
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Evanescence in Hollywood last month. Amy Lee sounded great, for the most part. Missed some notes here and there (who doesn't, besides Adele?). Her piano playing is cool. Not a lot of down time between songs, so light on the banter. Show moves quickly and she handles the stage well. They need to make it a little more personal and they should grab someone on stage to help sing Bring Me To Life, since the guy isn't there to sing it with her. The band sounds great too. Pretty Reckless, if still opening, were surprisingly strong.
    Hope any of this helps! Have fun!
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not bothered about Evanescence to be honest, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Within Temptation @ Brixton Academy in nine days time!! Especially as my tickets are for the original gig cancelled way back in March! :D
  • sbeck201sbeck201 Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Not bothered about Evanescence to be honest, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Within Temptation @ Brixton Academy in nine days time!! Especially as my tickets are for the original gig cancelled way back in March! :D

I'm going to Paris this weekend to see WT. Like you I bought the tickets at the start of the year for a different venue. This is now the 3rd venue for this concert.