When will we get this TiVo update?

Comments

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,310
    Forum Member
    the live guide looks weird and confusing.
    i completely agree with you.
    Also from those shots, the US grid/ Live has an extra synopsis line showing the actors.
    Virgin Media's TiVo is the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I care, but can obviously live with it.

For all the stuff that Tivo can do, I couldn't believe some menus were still in SD when it launched.

Yeah took me by surprise too. Especially as those SD menus show less information than they could/should if they were HD.
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    martine93 wrote: »
    i completely agree with you.

Virgin Media's TiVo is the same.

is it?

must be blind. or hardly anything uses it.

I swear it's not there for everything.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    Yeah took me by surprise too. Especially as those SD menus show less information than they could/should if they were HD.
    Erm. No they couldn't. They're only a higher resolution, not a larger picture.
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    If they are a higher resolution, the font would be smaller so it could display more information couldn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BenMcr77 wrote: »
    If they are a higher resolution, the font would be smaller so it could display more information couldn't it?

Yes you are correct. If the screens were HD they could show smaller text which was still legible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member

Erm. Yes they could. The SD font is almost twice the size of the HD font on the other pages.
  • dannylaudannylau Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Technically a higher resolution is a larger picture as it has more pixels
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [tongue in cheek mode] It must be really cool seeing the list of channels in HD so you can see pin sharp detail all the channels that you haven't got in HD #giggle [/tongue in cheek mode]

PJ
  • 56up56up Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares about HD menus, in fact who cares about HD or 3D tv, both are well over rated. I watch both on a 62" LG 3D screen and am still happy watching all channels in standard defenition.

I disagree strongly. On a little 16" set, HD really is a luxury, but it comes into its own on a large set. We have just purchased a 60" Samsung set and, even at our large viewing distances I am thankful for HD
    Forum Member
    gizzy77 wrote: »
    Yes you are correct. If the screens were HD they could show smaller text which was still legible.
    Any smaller and people without perfect eyesight (like me) wouldn't be able to read it! :(
  • dwarfofpoisondwarfofpoison Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    The SD screens are like windows in safe mode, who on earth thinks that blocky text with far less info easier to read? Let alone desirable!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any smaller and people without perfect eyesight (like me) wouldn't be able to read it! :(

I'm not saying make it smaller. The font size used on all the HD pages is perfect. If the SD screens were converted they could use the same font size and get far more information in.
  • PiazzaCharliePiazzaCharlie Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannylau wrote: »
    Technically a higher resolution is a larger picture as it has more pixels

It can still be the same size, even with more pixels. HIgher resoltion just means more pixels packed into the same space. Its more about the pixel density than the number of pixels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can still be the same size, even with more pixels. HIgher resoltion just means more pixels packed into the same space. Its more about the pixel density than the number of pixels.

It depends on the definition of size at this point.

Let's move out of this pedantic chasm :D
  • PiazzaCharliePiazzaCharlie Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right - it could get really dull! :D
    Forum Member
    Picture of the HD Season Pass Manager ( Manage My Series links )
    http://twitpic.com/b71dd1

and picture of the HD To Do List ( My Planned Recordings )
    http://twitpic.com/b7200b

Basically imagine that red with different icons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I don't care what colour the guide is or how it looks, I just want to be able to record something live from start to finish (last Sundays MotoGP for instance) and have the whole event recorded and not cut half way through because the guide says it should finish at 8am for example! I forget to change the over-run or I don't change it as it will mess up the wifes recordings!! And we can't have that can we
    Forum Member
    Actros_man wrote: »
    I don't care what colour the guide is or how it looks, I just want to be able to record something live from start to finish (last Sundays MotoGP for instance) and have the whole event recorded and not cut half way through because the guide says it should finish at 8am for example! I forget to change the over-run or I don't change it as it will mess up the wifes recordings!! And we can't have that can we
    So that's user error then; on both counts. It does have more than one tuner you know ;)
  • dannylaudannylau Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actros_man wrote: »

So if you didn't change the options because it would mess up your wife's recordings assuming it had worked as you want it to and extended the recording it would then have messed up your wife's recordings and still been in the wrong.
    Forum Member
    martine93 wrote: »
    Picture of the HD Season Pass Manager ( Manage My Series links )
    http://twitpic.com/b71dd1

and picture of the HD To Do List ( My Planned Recordings )
    http://twitpic.com/b7200b

Basically imagine that red with different icons.

Picture of the HD My Shows for Multiroom Streaming
    http://twitpic.com/b7cige

Picture of the HD History screen ( Recording Hiccups )
    http://twitpic.com/b7nmj4

I would like to know when will we get all of them ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I forgot to add that, as I work nights, a lot of my recordings are done via the iPhone app.......but what is wrong with wanting that kind of EPG, i'm sure others would want it. They got 'reminders' and their as much use as a handbrake on a canoe! The masses wanted those to work in the same way as they did on the V+, not so you have to sit in front of the TV waiting for it to show and make a decision! If i was in the garden or elsewhere around the house, I could hear the 'buzzer' and in I went to watch the footy or some other live event.....not so now.
    Forum Member
    On TiVo If you miss the reminder it will automatically change to the channel at the start of the programme.

Anyway more info on these on HD menus
    http://blog.tivo.com/2012/10/fall-update-for-tivo-premiere-dvrs/
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a VIRGIN MEDIA Tivo thread, not a "TIVO" thread, thanks.
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    This is a VIRGIN MEDIA Tivo thread, not a "TIVO" thread, thanks.
    Virgin Media TiVo is based on the core TiVo Premiere code and when did you become a moderator ?

Anyway i have also read changes to the HD Season Pass Manager are done in the background which is great news imo.