Why have they pitched Ella so low??

fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Her voice is much, much better a few notes higher. It made her sound weak at that register.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gave her a crap song as well
  • pepipoppepipop Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still, a classic performance.
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. She's my favourite but I think that song was too big for her. I could only really see Melanie smashing that song. Weren't a keen fan on the arrangement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Agree. love that song, but her version sounded odd.
  • fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pepipop wrote: »
    Still, a classic performance.

I don't agree, sorry. I think it was disappointing, she could've done it so much better.
  • lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agreeing with Nicole there as was her weakest performance unfortunately :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has no range, no personality and no character. If it was higher she couldn't have reached that last note which is at the very top of her range.

Emperor's New Clothes syndrome in absolutely full swing. She is DULL.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Honestly I'm guessing it was because they had to. I don't think they would have done it otherwise. It's a shame really.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PG30 wrote: »
    Gave her a crap song as well

Totally disagree. Absolute classic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    She has no range, no personality and no character. If it was higher she couldn't have reached that last note which is at the very top of her range.

Emperor's New Clothes syndrome in absolutely full swing. She is DULL.

I am starting to agree that she is a bit one dimensional. An album of hers would be a load of samey tempo and pitch with a bit of growling chucked in. Disappointed as she was so promising.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agree with nicole. but love how gracious ella is...:)
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The high note at the end saved her, not my favourite of performances!. I get the fact she's 16! (it keeps being pointed out on the show?)
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree, sorry. I think it was disappointing, she could've done it so much better.

have to agree a missed opportunity
  • GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The live shows have ruined her.

Far, far better when she was in the auditions and she sang her own song. Thought she was a winner then but not anymore.

Tulisa a good mentor - no don't think so.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Shes overrated
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    I agree with OP and Nicole, it was too low and gave her nowhere to go, which killed the song's epic, dramatic quality.

On a more general note, I need to hear Ella control her voice a bit more now, not just welly out her power vocal throughout every song. We need to see that she can do 'soft' and restrain the vocal sometimes, tell a story, be light and dark, big and small. She's no Leona yet.
  • advidadvid Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    honkhonk wrote: »
    I am starting to agree that she is a bit one dimensional. An album of hers would be a load of samey tempo and pitch with a bit of growling chucked in. Disappointed as she was so promising.

...that's exactly what happened to Leona Lewis and her first album..too samey..
    Ella is the best female voice since Leona in my opinion...let's hope her first album (I'm sure she'll do one) is not too 'samey'...