My Strictly III: Let The Music Play!

dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
Forum Member
✭✭
After Natalie Gumede and Shem Jacobs took the second My Strictly trophy, it's time to start things all over again for a third installment.

With comedians, supermodels, sportsmen and even a rapper, it's going to be a fun series!

Join me in two hours for the announcement. ;)

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Better not have the same cast. *wink wink*
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better not have the same cast. *wink wink*

There was someone who I got rid of in my cast about an hour before you PMd me, and that person seemed to have been in your cast. So hopefully not. :p
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    There was someone who I got rid of in my cast about an hour before you PMd me, and that person seemed to have been in your cast. So hopefully not. :p

PM their name just to make sure. ;):):o
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rishi. <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Rishi. <3

Sadly, no. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexandra Burke is in the middle of a deal for the next series of My Strictly, it has been rumored.

The singer has been offered a large amount of money to take part in the rival show of her former show, The X Factor.

The cast is announced at midnight, and is expected to also feature a former one-hit wonder, and an international supermodel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra Burke is in the middle of a deal for the next series of My Strictly, it has been rumored.

The singer has been offered a large amount of money to take part in the rival show of her former show, The X Factor.

The cast is announced at midnight, and is expected to also feature a former one-hit wonder, and an international supermodel.

I'm sure Alexandra fits under the 'one hit wonder' umbrella. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fifteen minutes until the first three stars are revealed. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLIFF PARISI
    • Actor
    • 52 years old
    • 6'0 tall
    • Odds of 30/1
    Cliff began his career in 1982 as a stand-up comedian, but later branched into acting in the late 1980s. However, despite many parts, it wasn't until 2002 that he got his most famous role as Minty Peterson on the BBC soap EastEnders. He stayed on the show for 8 years, and since then has appeared on Hollyoaks and Call The Midwife. But can he get you to call for votes?

JIM BOWEN
    • Comedian and TV host
    • 75 years old
    • 5'9 tall
    • Odds of 75/1
    Jim began his career in showbiz on the TV show The Comedians, but his big break came in 1981 when he was appointed as the host of Bullseye. Staying on the show until 1995, he recently recovered from a minor stroke, but has been back on his feet presenting radio on a few occasions. We know he can talk the talk - can he walk the walk?

ALEXANDRA BURKE
    • Pop singer
    • 24 years old
    • 5'4 tall
    • Odds of 6/1
    Alexandra began her career auditioning for The X Factor in 2005, but was rejected at judges' houses. Returning three years later, she went on to win under the mentoring of Cheryl Cole, and her performance with Beyonce was marked as one of the best moments of the TV show's history. But can she make history again and win her second TV show?
    Forum Member
    Jim > Cliff > Alexandra.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim > Cliff > Alexandra.

Your votes will certainly be interesting, this series. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Cliff Parisi, 52, Actor
    2. Jim Bowen, 75, Comedian
    3. Alexandra Burke, 24, Singer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SANDI TOKSVIG
    • Comedienne
    • 54 years old
    • 4'11 tall
    • Odds of 50/1
    Sandi began her roots into fame as a children's TV presenter, but moved onto the comedy circuit which she is most known for, starring on panel shows such as Call My Bluff, Have I Got News For You and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. Will she have any clue how to dance?

ANTONY COSTA
    • Singer
    • 31 years old
    • 5'8 tall
    • Odds of 9/1
    Antony started out on the show Grange Hill, but is best known for being a member of boyband Blue, who have had three consecutive number one albums. They also represented the UK at Eurovision (one of three of this year's contestants who have!), and Antony even had a short solo career, but how will he fare with a partner in dancing?

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN
    • Singer and actress
    • 64 years old
    • 5'6 tall
    • Odds of 15/1
    Born in Cambridge, Olivia is known for being a four-time Grammy winner with six platinum albums, and has also sold over 100 million records. She's also well known for starring in the hit 1970s movie Grease with John Travolta, but will she be lightning on the dancefloor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4. Sandi Toksvig, 54, Comedienne
    5. Antony Costa, 31, Singer
    6. Olivia Newton-John, 64, Singer

The remaining 8 celebrities will be announced tomorrow- expect an internet sensation, a one-hit wonder, an international supermodel, an actress from both the East and the West End, two more Aussies, someone with a similar background to Alexandra, and a recent gameshow presenter. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandi was in my series, but then I decided she smelled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DAMIEN WALTERS
    • Gymnast
    • 31 years old
    • 5'10 tall
    • Odds of 5/1
    While he may be the unknown star of the series, Damien is big over the internet for being known in the sport of freerunning, which has racked up near 100 million views. He's also starred as a stuntman in Hollywood movies such as Kick-Ass, Captain America and Skyfall, and was a world finalist in gymnastics. But can he make the finals in dancing?

MC HAMMER
    • Rapper
    • 51 years old
    • 5'11 tall
    • Odds of 18/1
    Born Stanley Burrell, MC Hammer began his career in the late 1980s, but it took him three albums for his big hit, "U Can't Touch This", to make him big in 1990. The song was voted the sixteenth best of the decade, and it went 5x platinum, but how will he go from the infamous 'Hammer pants' to the tux and ballroom shoes?

BRIGITTE NIELSEN
    • Supermodel and actress
    • 49 years old
    • 6'0 tall
    • Odds of 35/1
    Starting off as a model, Brigitte began her acting career in 1985 alongside no other than Arnold Schwarzenegger! That year, she married Sylvester Stallone, and starred with him in the fourth Rocky movie and Cobra. She's even a reality TV stalwart - going from taking part in the German version of Strictly, to also winning the country's version of I'm A Celebrity! But will luck run again in the UK?

SAMANTHA WOMACK
    • Actress and singer
    • 40 years old
    • 5'8 tall
    • Odds of 10/1
    Samantha is best known for playing Ronnie Mitchell on EastEnders for four years, but has also starred in shows such as Game On for the same length. She's also the third of our contestants to have represented the UK in the Eurovision - which she did in 1991, finishing in tenth. And she also has relation to one of Series 2's contestants, as she replaced Deborah Gibson as Sandy in Grease on the West End, so will she do as well as her, or maybe even go the extra mile?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7. Damien Walters, 31, Gymnast
    8. MC Hammer, 51, Rapper
    9. Brigitte Nielsen, 49, Actress
    10. Samantha Womack, 40, Actress

Four more celebrities left!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gonna reveal the last four at midday. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ANDREW FLINTOFF
    • Cricket player
    • 35 years old
    • 6'4 tall
    • Odds of 12/1
    Andrew began his cricketing career playing for Lancashire in 1995, and never looked back, staying there for 15 years. Since then, he's built up a successful media career, becoming a team captain on sports panel show A League of Their Own, and also judging Let's Get Gold. He later took up boxing and won his pro debut in November 2012, but can he show enough to win here?

AMANDA BYRAM
    • TV presenter
    • 39 years old
    • 5'8 tall
    • Odds of 16/1
    Amanda made her mark on British television, presenting The Big Breakfast in 2001, but she also presented The Swan in the US for two seasons. However, she's best known for presenting gameshow Total Wipeout for three years, but it ended late last year. She's also presented the tour of Strictly Come Dancing, but how will she fare moving away from the microphone, and closer to the dancefloor?

MARCUS COLLINS
    • Singer
    • 24 years old
    • 5'8 tall
    • Odds of 8/1
    Marcus started his pop career in the group Eton Road, but soon went solo and auditioned for The X Factor in 2011. He came second next to girl group Little Mix, and went on to release his debut album, which featured his top 10 single "Seven Nation Army". As of February 2013, he began playing Seaweed Stubbs in the West End musical Hairspray, but will he get top billing on Strictly?

DELTA GOODREM
    • Singer and actress
    • 28 years old
    • 5'10 tall
    • Odds of 3/1
    Delta signed a record deal with Sony in 1999, but failed to get her career kick-started. However, a role as Nina Tucker on hit soap Neighbours for three years gave her the boost, as her debut album Innocent Eyes went 15x platinum in Australia, and went to number 2 in the UK. After a public battle with Hodgkin's lymphoma, Delta was soon back on her feet and is now judging the Australian version of The Voice. But can she swap the pipes for the Paso Doble?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7. Damien Walters, 31, Gymnast
    8. MC Hammer, 51, Rapper
    9. Brigitte Nielsen, 49, Actress
    10. Samantha Womack, 40, Actress
    11. Andrew Flintoff, 35, Cricket Player
    12. Amanda Byram, 39, TV Presenter
    13. Marcus Collins, 24, Singer
    14. Delta Goodrem, 28, Singer

So there's your full Series 3 cast!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brigitte was on the German version of Dancing with the Stars, one of the judges absolutely hated her and kept giving her threes, I hope she does better in this series. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Brigitte was on the German version of Dancing with the Stars, one of the judges absolutely hated her and kept giving her threes, I hope she does better in this series. :D

I found that out while Googling her lol, it looks like that judge just hated everyone :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    • Delta Goodrem [3/1]
    • Damien Walters [5/1]
    • Alexandra Burke [6/1]
    • Marcus Collins [8/1]
    • Antony Costa [9/1]
    • Samantha Womack [10/1]
    • Andrew Flintoff [12/1]
    • Olivia Newton-John [15/1]
    • Amanda Byram [16/1]
    • MC Hammer [18/1]
    • Cliff Parisi [30/1]
    • Brigitte Nielsen [35/1]
    • Sandi Toksvig [50/1]
    • Jim Bowen [75/1]

Last year, Natalie was fourth in the odds, but Deborah, the runner-up, was tenth!

I might do the launch show tonight. Any pairing predictions? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found that out while Googling her lol, it looks like that judge just hated everyone :p

He does, he gives everyone three's. :D
  • SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Samantha for the win! Great cast! :)