Options

James Arthur - Paul McCartney's lovechild?

2»

Comments

• Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a good enough reason to get rid of the X factor, without that show, this idiot - with what appears to be a dead squirrel on his head - wouldn't have any press attention whatsoever.

How did he win? Who were the other contestants? Can he actually sing, he hardly says anything on panel shows he has been on, seems bored with everything when really he should be grateful he is even asked onto them, he is a very self important person and acts like he has been in the industry for decades, I have never heard his music and don't intend to, I know it will be just as shite as he is
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much as I loathe Boyle, it was gratifying to see him getting one over on the horrid little s*ite.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a531754/james-arthur-quits-twitter-after-frankie-boyle-row.html

:D

Have to agree there - can't stand Boyle but the remark about "dealing with playas" did make me laugh :)

I can imagine Cowell is reasonably happy with the publicity he's generating, but I think Arthur needs to reign it in a bit for a while otherwise he'll end up picking an argument with the wrong person in the industry and his career will go straight down the toilet. It's very easy for someone not to get playlisted nowadays ..
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously not attempting to defend either, but it's interesting a way that Arthur and Chris Fountain have both been villified to different levels in the press for basically doing the same thing.

Both playing up to the idea of a "rap battle" by over using expletives and over exaggerating for effect. Obviously if you take things literally, Fountain's use of the word "rape" was worse, but he was subsequently christened "the rape rapper" as if he'd made an entire career out of rapping about rape.

It just made me wonder if Arthur would subsequently be christened "Homophobe James Arthur" or something similar.

Maybe if a paper like The Sun took offence at Arthur over his comments, his career would end up going the same way as Fountains ?
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pair of idiots.

What I cant understand about James Arthur is that he seems on self destruct. Doesnt he want a career or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    What a pair of idiots.

What I cant understand about James Arthur is that he seems on self destruct. Doesnt he want a career or something?

Who was that other X-Factor 'rock'n'roll wannabe bad boy' twonk who made an area of himself on sleb BB and promptly sunk without trace?
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Who was that other X-Factor 'rock'n'roll wannabe bad boy' twonk who made an area of himself on sleb BB and promptly sunk without trace?

Frankie Cocozza
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie Cocozza

That's the one, cheers!
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie Cocozza

well he was chucked off, this James Arthur actually won and presumably could have a career. Im guessing that seeing as he entered the competition, a music career is what he wanted and yet I doubt he will survive this.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, acute exhaustion and cancelled gigs already. He only won last year, not sure the future looks too good for his career.
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/22/james-arthur-cancels-a-week-of-commitments-due-to-acute-exhaustion-4197779/
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Oh dear, acute exhaustion and cancelled gigs already. He only won last year, not sure the future looks too good for his career.
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/22/james-arthur-cancels-a-week-of-commitments-due-to-acute-exhaustion-4197779/

I don't think he can handle it tbh. He had a panic attack during the live shows last year and seems to have gone into complete meltdown over the last few weeks.
    He's definitely been overshadowed by John Newman who is not only more talented and not from a reality tv show but also doesn't appear to be a complete kn*bhead.

Unfortunately, J Arthur appears to be correct rhyming slang for him
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree there - can't stand Boyle but the remark about "dealing with playas" did make me laugh :)

I can imagine Cowell is reasonably happy with the publicity he's generating, but I think Arthur needs to reign it in a bit for a while otherwise he'll end up picking an argument with the wrong person in the industry and his career will go straight down the toilet. It's very easy for someone not to get playlisted nowadays ..

AAAAAND- he went ahead and did it anyway!
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »

Let's row back solidly into reality here.

He's having a week of solid media-retraining and a talking to by Team Psycho on basic etiquette, which he's clearly never been taught (much like Joey not being able to blow his nose...)

He'll emerge when they've finished warning him that throwing insults like a five year old playground brat has repercussions beyond just putting HIS job/image at stake.